Warning Letter Based on Telematics

BigBrown609

A driver in my building just got a warning letter because he had his seat belt off once while driving according to telematics. I know Article 6 Section 6 (I'm pretty sure that's the right section) talks about being discharged due to technology. Is there anything in the contract that says they can't discipline us at all using technology?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
A union steward with a pulse could find that in the contract.

ekg-o.gif

Overpaid Union Thug

A driver in my building just got a warning letter because he had his seat belt off once while driving according to telematics. I know Article 6 Section 6 (I'm pretty sure that's the right section) talks about being discharged due to technology. Is there anything in the contract that says they can't discipline us at all using technology?
Did they catch him in the act or just go by telematics?

BigBrown609

No, I'm not his steward. His steward was in the meeting when it happened and didn't do anything. And he was caught using telematics.

BigBrown609

We need more info. According to telematics how long did the driver travel without a seatbelt? Sounds like the driver is being targeted.
Idk, barely had a chance to talk to the driver and wasn't there for the meeting. Just heard about it this morning before the drivers were leaving

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If they confronted him with the telematics info and he admitted to rolling with his seatbelt off then yes, they can discipline him. Even if he denied it they can still give him a warning letter because they can give you warning letter for pretty much anything they want whether it's legit or not.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If they confronted him with the telematics info and he admitted to rolling with his seatbelt off then yes, they can discipline him. Even if he denied it they can still give him a warning letter because they can give you warning letter for pretty much anything they want whether it's legit or not.
A warning letter is not discipline. It is a piece of paper. Discipline means suspension or termination and neither of these can happen based solely on Telematics reports.

BigBrown609

[quote/] A warning letter is not discipline. It is a piece of paper. Discipline means suspension or termination and neither of these can happen based solely on Telematics reports.[/quote]
If it shows up again on telematics is he able to be written up?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I call bullsh1t because who the heck is going to get a warning letter for 1 instance.

I've accidentally caught my jacket or shirt when I buckled and it came off.
Same with the bulkhead door opening because the fob was pushed between my pants and car seat.

Telematics isn't what you should be afraid of, IT'S AN INCOMPETENT STEWARD THAT SHOULD SCARE YOU !!!!!

BigBrown609

I call bullsh1t because who the heck is going to get a warning letter for 1 instance.

I've accidentally caught my jacket or shirt when I buckled and it came off.
Same with the bulkhead door opening because the fob was pushed between my pants and car seat.

Telematics isn't what you should be afraid of, IT'S AN INCOMPETENT STEWARD THAT SHOULD SCARE YOU !!!!!
I'm just telling you what's going on, why would I lie about it? If you think I'm lying about this then feel free to move along and read another thread. But I do agree, an incompetent steward seems to be the problem here. He's got 25 years in and is on a cake route and doesn't wanna rock the boat.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm just telling you what's going on, why would I lie about it? If you think I'm lying about this then feel free to move along and read another thread. But I do agree, an incompetent steward seems to be the problem here. He's got 25 years in and is on a cake route and doesn't wanna rock the boat.

The point of my post is to show that 1 click on any sensor can be admissible as an accident. The union knew that fact enough to put language in the contract to make sure no employee can be disciplined over it. Any union official would know that and my issue is with your steward, not with you.