Warning Letter Based on Telematics

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On a somewhat related note, how do you all feel about police being allowed to investigate and prosecute based solely on video and comments posted on social media?

There was a story on my local news this morning where the Vermont State Police are prosecuting a man who posted a video showing him driving more than 120 mph on an interstate highway. They did some additional investigation before charging him with several counts of unsafe driving.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
That whole "sitting on the seatbelt" trick really works. You wrap it around the seat frame a few times and click it in. Then, every time you stop you unclick it. You can even stop, open bulkhead, complete delivery and then unclick and reclick, and it doesn't (well, DIDN'T) show up on any reports.....not that I would ever do that ;)

If you are going to all that trouble, why not just wear it?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
On a somewhat related note, how do you all feel about police being allowed to investigate and prosecute based solely on video and comments posted on social media?

There was a story on my local news this morning where the Vermont State Police are prosecuting a man who posted a video showing him driving more than 120 mph on an interstate highway. They did some additional investigation before charging him with several counts of unsafe driving.
If a person is (a) stupid enough to drive 100MPH on a pubic road and (b) stupid enough to post video of it on social media then he deserves to have it used against him.

PeasAndCarrots

Our a center got bored with Telematics years ago. Apparently it kills production. We had one guy get caught with the seatbelt buckled underneath his butt. Didn't get fired for it. Got fired for it plus other things.

Why on earth would anyone do this? I wear my seatbelt because if I screw up and rearend someone, I don't want to freaking die going through the windshield. Sitting on your buckled seatbelt is a death wish.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My daughter agrees with you.
I am all for the right to privacy and minimizing government intrusion in our personal lives, but there is no right to privacy on a public road and there is certainly no expectation of or right to "privacy" in regards to anything that has been freely posted on social media.