WARNING LETTER, for doing the job properly!

Spiderman

Package Slinger
I thought that fellow BC'ers would find this amusing. I got a warning letter for doing the job properly. Why would I get a warning letter telling me to keep up the good work? Is this a new policy, a warning letter to warn me of future discipline for something I haven't even done yet?

attachment.php

wl.jpg

Billy

They're informing you that they're going to try to hold you to those numbers now. They expect the same numbers everyday. Start documenting any delays, or out of the ordinary events that would change those numbers. Communicate, communicate, communicate, and you'll be fine.

Spiderman

Package Slinger
I forgot to mention that this was from a one day OJS. 3 day ojs rides are the ones they use to hold you to stops per hour. Nobody is talking about working slower. how fast and efficiently a route gets done changes with each day.

Billy

File a grievance for unjust disciplinary action tomorrow with your steward. They should be able to resolve this pretty easy. I hope that you can get the target off your back, good luck

I forgot to mention that this was from a one day OJS. 3 day ojs rides are the ones they use to hold you to stops per hour. Nobody is talking about working slower. how fast and efficiently a route gets done changes with each day.

Sounds reasonable to me...A sup on car should always slow you down.

paidslave

I thought that fellow BC'ers would find this amusing. I got a warning letter for doing the job properly. Why would I get a warning letter telling me to keep up the good work? Is this a new policy, a warning letter to warn me of future discipline for something I haven't even done yet?

attachment.php

With your steward, Ad a clause to it that in the event of any variation in stops, pieces, mileage conditions that this is a voidable agreement! Most days are never ever duplicated. If UPS continues with such threats mention that you will file a harrassment greivance!

Never sign......should be very hard to duplicate this exact load!

I hope this helps!:happy2:

some1else

Banned
has this letter been edited further than the obvious?
at the end it says "any recurrence... " but that is a non-sequitur in the current context.

if that is the whole letter -- wow i would sign that in a heartbeat

paragraph #1 we observed blah blah blah.

paragraph #2 come back at 1756 every day and follow methods. it says nothing about missed pieces. just go out deliver 50 boxes, sit until 1756 AND PUNCH OUT then show them this "contract" that says you only have to follow deliver methods and be in by 1756 roflmao! :)

seriously what idiot wrote that? someone needs to give him a form letter if he is too stupid to write one that makes sense.

redshift1

attachment.php

Do not ignore the message being sent by focusing on the verbiage. Bottom line they think you are hanging out on the clock. That the WL is contradictory and poorly written is not the issue.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
They can ask :wink2:. The beauty of split driving is that they cannot reasonably expect you to give the numbers of the regular driver unless you cover that route fairly frequently.

But, than again, reasonableness and UPS seldom seem to go together.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think it is "cute" that they signed it "sincerely". The only thing that would of made it better is if they signed it "love and kisses":flowers:

tieguy

Banned

attachment.php

Hope you don't leave your handcart close to that [-]bulkhead[/-] open door. Ive been driving like i already have telematics and i love the ot im making

looks like you got thier attention.

Braveheart

Stop making excuses to do the job slower.
So it appears that he averaged about 18 stops per hour on a high volume route and you accuse him of looking for "excuses" to go slower???

Looks to me like this driver is a hard worker who busts it out day in day out. Also looks like the guy has some common sense in that every day has new issues to fight through and to expect one to return to the building by the same time everyday is a joke.

What if he has 350 boxes the next day. What if he gets 2 or 3 OCA's that are out of the way. What if there is a problem with a COD customer. What if he has a driver follow up to investigate. What if there is an accident holding up traffic for 20 minutes. What if he is sick but came to work any way.

True there will be days where the volume drops to 250, rare but it could happen.
He will have days where he hits every green light.
He will have days where it seems like every customer is helping out or meeting him half way up the driveway.

The reality is there are only a few days here and there that will be smooth as silk, but most will have at least a couple issues that put you behind and a few that will crush your day. Basically it takes countless good things to have a kick butt day but as simple as 1 or 2 things, like air meet point off area, oca in woods and so forth that will knock you below sporh.

We do not work in a controlled environment. There are too many things beyond our control. I had a 3 day ride once and the sporh were different everyday. And not like 14.9, 15.1 and 15.3 either. We moved with like a full stop to a stop and a half apart and missed 9.5 two out of the three days. Then they take my easy stuff off as they know I can not make 9.5.

Without the easy stuff my sporh dropped. So now even though I ran good every day and made 9.5 I would never maintain their numbers.

They put the easy stuff back on me and voila, the sporh goes up. But I am back to missing 9.5 and back to filing grievances.