Warning letter for not running 1 hour under

over9five

Staff member
I call BS on this whole thread. Any 20 year driver like myself would laugh in the face of any center manager who told him to start running an hour under.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think a 20 year driver would change anything upon hearing that.

I knew in the early seventies at the age of ten that i wanted to be a UPSer. So i registered with the BCF magazine. Ive been a member if since. It was much better when it was in print.

Re-Raise

I was driving about 250 miles a day. I took this route over with a list of phone # to call customers to meet. Using my cell on UPS time to do this took time. So now i just drive to there homes as it should have been done in the first place. Thats why miles are way up(about 280-290 a day for 55 stops=10.5 dispatch)

I go about 200 miles a day with about 90 to 110 stops a day. I deliver to the address on the package. I also know when there should be their (when I am sober)

I don't understand why a 5 year driver(much less a 20 year driver) would set in a mangers office with a steward present (You did have a steward present, right?) and not tell the center manager,"with all DUE respect Sir, you can not tell me I have to run one minute under allowed.".

backinbrown

respect my authority
I was driving about 250 miles a day. I took this route over with a list of phone # to call customers to meet. Using my cell on UPS time to do this took time. So now i just drive to there homes as it should have been done in the first place. Thats why miles are way up(about 280-290 a day for 55 stops=10.5 dispatch)

I want this run 55 stops 10.5 dispatch nice

Im not complaining or bragging. Im just a driver that minds his own business and goes out and does a good job. Then this manager decided to harrass me and it has backfired on him. A union steward was with me during his demands and he had serious heat on him for about two weeks afterwards. I would never give in to his crap. Before his demands I was doing things that took money out of my pocket(like calling and meeting cust). Now I am putting the money back in my pocket. I did not expect the anti-driver replys to my post. People on this board pounce on you at a moments notice. Surely they are either mgmt or people not related to UPS

Re-Raise

Slavedriver = BBAG = Re-Raise

I think you are half right.

Slavedriver = BBAG

It reminds me of the post he made up about being a 20 yr driver who was being fired for taking a dog to the vet after he ran over it.

I question the validity of every post on here because of that one clown.

If anyone here is management and believes this is in any way possible I would like to hear what the manager would gain.

Re-Raise

Slavedriver .. didn't quite get 10.5 today since you are posting at 4:37, or do you take a blacberry to work like BBAG?

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
How did you manage to join the Brown Cafe 37 years ago?

I still don't get how this person is a BC'er for 37 years.

He said he used to, reread your first post, then try to post again, when you sober up.

Re-Raise = SlaveDriver = BBAG = Sober Ups?

This whole story sounds far fetched, and I am a driver. What is it you're looking for? Would you like a pat on the back? I just don't get this.

redshift1

The first time my new center manager(3 months) introduced himself to me was when I was called into the office and was told I need to run one hour under everyday because my route has alot of miles. He said I would get a warning letter if I did not meet his demands. I told him if you think its that loose then get it time studied. Im a 20 year driver with a untarnished record. Bad mistake on his part. I no longer call customers for them to meet me, that use to cut 20 or more miles off my route. I use perfect(if possible) methods, keep door shut and do the speed limit. I get signatures whenever possible(how were trained to begin with). In fact my dr/ signature ratio has done a complete flip-flop. My miles are way up. My SPH are down, but my overtime is way up. My bonus is up and thats what he wanted. My checks everyweek $$$1600-1700. Residential signatures=overtime and bonus!

Now that you are artificially inflating your paid day and stealing money you are eligible for termination.

Re-Raise

I still don't get how this person is a BC'er for 37 years.

Re-Raise = SlaveDriver = BBAG = Sober Ups?

This whole story sounds far fetched, and I am a driver. What is it you're looking for? Would you like a pat on the back? I just don't get this.

Steve When his first post went up under his name it said his join date was 1972. It is changed now. As far as the validity of the post, I am lost on what point he is trying to make. Is he asking a question or what?

Anyone who has been a driver for any period of time can tell his post doesn't make much sense.

I wonder if I have an "untarnished record" at UPS. Hardly.

DS

Fenderbender
I knew in the early seventies at the age of ten that i wanted to be a UPSer. So i registered with the BCF magazine. Ive been a member if since. It was much better when it was in print.

What the heck is BCF magazine?
That would be about 37 years ago.
Tell them you need a ride along,to show you how to do it and run an hour under.You sound fearful,yet rebellious,can't you just talk to the center manager and tell him the time alottment on the run has been comprimised because the former driver used his phone instead of doing his job?
Brown is right,we DO question things here.
The hard part for us to understand,is ,who the hell runs an hour under every day?Its impossible to do every day.Maybe once a week...
We are not pouncing, we are asking you questions.

paidslave

I say we vote out the over allowed system!

Hey Red. Good as always to read your posts. I have to believe we never voted in over allowed system in our ratified contract voted by its members and agreed upon by all of management.

Smart members know this and don't have to answer to it! When your last package is sheeted and delivered drive back and finish up and punch out. The numbers are imaginative and therefore one could never know what anything is worth!

Besides they are changed all the time. If they want you back earlier they take away time. If they want you to stay out they take away time. Either way they take away time! You simply can't win! We need to remember we got our .35 cent raise. Where do you think that will come from? You are correct, they take away .35 worth of time from you every hour!

That is the way it is!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I get signatures whenever possible(how were trained to begin with). Why would you get a signature at a residential stop? I assume you can DR it. We did change that method long ago.