Warning letter for not running 1 hour under

Now that you are artificially inflating your paid day and stealing money you are eligible for termination.
He's not artificially inflating his dispatch. In fact he is bringing it back to what it should be by actually delivering the packages to where they are addressed.
As far as the DRs are concerned, it's the drivers discretion of where and when a DR is even OK.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
If you don't driver release when you are supposed to they can discipline you for it. It happened to a driver in my former center. I don't quite understand how they can make you do it, in other words I don't know if it is a rule that you must if you can. But since he was called in to the office for it I assume they can force you to. Clarification from the policy book would be interesting to know.

If you don't driver release when you are supposed to they can discipline you for it. It happened to a driver in my former center. I don't quite understand how they can make you do it, in other words I don't know if it is a rule that you must if you can. But since he was called in to the office for it I assume they can force you to. Clarification from the policy book would be interesting to know.
I just did a quick search of the Policy book and of the 340 methods book. Neither mention driver release. Every year we are asked to sign a paper on the proper dr methods, I don't know where my copy of that is. However I think it says it is all up to the drivers discretion on if it is a safe DR, within the guide lines.
Now, if you go to 123 Ave A. today and get a sig on non sig required package then tomorrow you go to the same place and DR one, yeah you can catch hell for that. My guideline is if you would DR when no one is home, always DR. If you would not DR when no one is home, always get a sig because that is not a safe dr stop.

backinbrown

respect my authority
I just did a quick search of the Policy book and of the 340 methods book. Neither mention driver release. Every year we are asked to sign a paper on the proper dr methods, I don't know where my copy of that is. However I think it says it is all up to the drivers discretion on if it is a safe DR, within the guide lines.
Now, if you go to 123 Ave A. today and get a sig on non sig required package then tomorrow you go to the same place and DR one, yeah you can catch hell for that. My guideline is if you would DR when no one is home, always DR. If you would not DR when no one is home, always get a sig because that is not a safe dr stop.

in the contract it says we can ask for specific dr's and non dr's on our routes

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
I get signatures whenever possible(how were trained to begin with). Why would you get a signature at a residential stop? I assume you can DR it. We did change that method long ago.

We had a driver disciplined for this (stealing) He got a signature for every stop the day after being told that he did an unsafe DR which in his opinion was not, since it was on a back porch.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
When i was trained ,we were told if consignee is right there at point of delivery,go ahead & get the sig.I allways did and if i went there the next day and D.R'd it I was never questioned!! Think about it how many times have you gotten a tracer with mcm mcw on it!! people will still denie they got it get sig when possible it won't hurt...

hdkappler

:happy2:
The first time my new center manager(3 months) introduced himself to me was when I was called into the office and was told I need to run one hour under everyday because my route has alot of miles. He said I would get a warning letter if I did not meet his demands. I told him if you think its that loose then get it time studied. Im a 20 year driver with a untarnished record. Bad mistake on his part. I no longer call customers for them to meet me, that use to cut 20 or more miles off my route. I use perfect(if possible) methods, keep door shut and do the speed limit. I get signatures whenever possible(how were trained to begin with). In fact my dr/ signature ratio has done a complete flip-flop. My miles are way up. My SPH are down, but my overtime is way up. My bonus is up and thats what he wanted. My checks everyweek $$$1600-1700. Residential signatures=overtime and bonus!
:happy2:the reason the c.m.has it in because you have 20plus years.they go after anyone who has 25_30years.they are showing you the door.

Re-Raise

I noticed the original poster hasn't responded in a while. I guess he is changing his screen name AGAIN.

I can't believe that the highest priority on a new center manager's to do list is call a guy in who runs under in a bonus center and tell him he needs to run even more under. And then the ridiculous claim he would recieve a warning if he didnt.

With all the fires a center manager must deal with on a daily basis that is just crazy. The original poster doesn't have the "been there done that" attitude of a 20 yr driver.

I have 23 years in and seen many CMs come and go and I swear someone would have had to carry my laughing ass out of that office if it really happened.

Stevetheupsguy: first of all "get a life". You must work in center that has a great manager who really cares about you, considering all the injuries you have. In the midwest, UPS managers are quite a bit tougher to work for. You deserve a pat on the back for posting several thousand times on THIS site alone.

Re-raise, Im 100% sure you are a UPSer wanna-be. You just enjoy harrasing people on various websites(you know the ones!)BrownCafe must really love you, afterall you alone have chased away many, many members. This site releys on ad revenues, those companies reley on page hits. There is a word for people like you, just ask the web site administrator. Sit back and think about this.

Re-Raise

Re-raise, Im 100% sure you are a UPSer wanna-be. You just enjoy harrasing people on various websites(you know the ones!)BrownCafe must really love you, afterall you alone have chased away many, many members. This site releys on ad revenues, those companies reley on page hits. There is a word for people like you, just ask the web site administrator. Sit back and think about this.

At least you didn't say I was drunk this time. You're growing SO BIG.

You seem to know an awful lot about this site for supposedly being a new member with 7 posts.... Hmmm

If your original post was legit what was the point of it? Did you want to know if this had happened anywhere else? Were you looking for advice?

Or did you just decide we all would care for some reason?

Re-Raise

The first time my new center manager(3 months) introduced himself to me was when I was called into the office and was told I need to run one hour under everyday because my route has alot of miles. He said I would get a warning letter if I did not meet his demands. I told him if you think its that loose then get it time studied.

Seriously , do you realize how stupid this is? He is basically telling you to forego safety to drive faster (your route has a lot of miles). Your answer to him is to change your time allowance to take time away from you.

Too stupid to possibly be true.

And this is your first post here? No question just this? Thanks for the part telling us how much you make a week. I am a 20 yr driver and I don't feel the need to post my weekly pay here.

Other drivers know what the pay is at UPS Skippy.

UPSNewbie

Stevetheupsguy: first of all "get a life". You must work in center that has a great manager who really cares about you, considering all the injuries you have. In the midwest, UPS managers are quite a bit tougher to work for. You deserve a pat on the back for posting several thousand times on THIS site alone.

So injuries make someone a bad person? Pull your head out.

Yes, everyone here that disagrees with you is just a wannabe.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Who has been a member for 37 years? I do not follow you guys.

The OP said he's been a member for 37 years. Since I was 6 years old. LOL.:surprised:

What the heck is BCF magazine?
We are not pouncing, we are asking you questions.

I don't know and I agree.

Why would you get a signature at a residential stop?.

Because the customer is there???

Don't agree.

Don't agree, signatures are always safer.

We had a driver disciplined for this (stealing) He got a signature for every stop the day after being told that he did an unsafe DR which in his opinion was not, since it was on a back porch.

Disciplined for which, the "bad dr", or getting signatures the next day?

I've already figured out who this is. This is a MGMT person that came here to do what comes natural to themselves, be a _______. I'm sure just about any expletive can fill that blank in. This is pretty short sighted of you, to think you could come into our cafe and start trouble. It'll take a lot more than an on road supe or center manager to push these buttons. Don't worry though, I'll see you in the morning and we'll discuss how you hid an accident, just so your numbers could look good. You picked the wrong guy to be the safety co-chair.

Re-raise, Im a UPSer wanna-be. enjoy harrasing people on various websites.

There, I cut out all of your bull and now we can see what you were really trying to say.:happy2:

Re-Raise

I say we vote out the over allowed system!

Our center still has bonus. To be honest I couldn't care less if I am over or under. I barely look at it. I give a fair days work for a fair days pay.

I did look this morning. We have cut routes and a couple of times a week they give me what we call the straight truck. It is like a ryder truck only larger. It has 5 bulk stops and about 400 to 500 pcs, all at docks with plenty of help. I ran it yesterday before my regular route, without my early air which they gave another driver.

I ran 1.90 under because of all the extra pkgs. I hate to vote it out because it can sometimes be just extra money at the end of the week.

Re-Raise

Steve You know I usually agree with you, but I think you are wrong on the UPS manager thing.

This guy doesn't act like a wounded first poster, he acts like he has a problem with me from before.....

I SAY BBAG HAS RETURNED>>

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve You know I usually agree with you, but I think you are wrong on the UPS manager thing.

This guy doesn't act like a wounded first poster, he acts like he has a problem with me from before.....

I SAY BBAG HAS RETURNED>>

BBAG has returned? ********************************************* Sorry, first full day back driving and I had the "safety" ride. Guess I'm still all giddy from that.:wink2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Re-Raise

BBAG has returned? **********************************:sick: Sorry, first full day back driving and I had the "safety" ride. Guess I'm still all giddy from that.:wink2:

He who shall not be named.. or ********************************************************
I hate the safety ride.. I don't want to have to talk to a driver's sup all day.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
He who shall not be named.. *****************************************************
I hate the safety ride.. I don't want to have to talk to a driver's sup all day.

No real talking, he was on his cell all day. He won't laugh when you crack a joke, but stays on that phone giggling like a little school girl, all day.:surprised: