Warning Letter-Intent to Terminate

theUPSman

Ok.... the last thread i posted was 2 weeks ago titled "Fired for misloads". I had 2 misloads yesterday. I load 4 trucks. To me, that's not too bad. Anyway, I try my hardest and do the best that I can when loading. The Ops. Manager came to me 2 weeks ago and told me that my "talk withs" are over and that the next step would be taken.

The next step was taken today, when I was presented with a warning letter by my sup and Union Steward. They were reassuring me that I would not lose my job....as I come to work daily, and do the best that I can. The guy who works across from me had 3 misloads last week...he didn't get one talk with...but if I had one misload for a whole week I'd get a "talk with". Seems to me that I'm being singled out. I'm grieving the warning letter....even though I've been told that I won't be fired, I'm still concerned. Is management just threatening me, or are they really going to let me go?

drewed

Shankman
heres the skinny, misloads how ever many you have are tracked, it shows in a report, your center manager's boss says what are you going to do to fix this? he says i issued warning letters to jim and jon and talked with scott and kim that it needs to stop. If you come in everyday on time and work hard you probably have nothing to worry about.

paidslave

Ok.... the last thread i posted was 2 weeks ago titled "Fired for misloads". I had 2 misloads yesterday. I load 4 trucks. To me, that's not too bad. Anyway, I try my hardest and do the best that I can when loading. The Ops. Manager came to me 2 weeks ago and told me that my "talk withs" are over and that the next step would be taken.

The next step was taken today, when I was presented with a warning letter by my sup and Union Steward. They were reassuring me that I would not lose my job....as I come to work daily, and do the best that I can. The guy who works across from me had 3 misloads last week...he didn't get one talk with...but if I had one misload for a whole week I'd get a "talk with". Seems to me that I'm being singled out. I'm grieving the warning letter....even though I've been told that I won't be fired, I'm still concerned. Is management just threatening me, or are they really going to let me go?

Due Process has begun. If I were you I would not have any more or you may find the door!

Overpaid Union Thug

I wish management would take this approach in our center. We have a couple of preloaders that have at least two misloads in each of their trucks every day. One of them is known for his horrible load quality on top of that. What has management done to curve this? Not a thing. We are all human so mistakes are common but at some piont there has to be a line drawn.

evilleace

I think a line has to be drawn but misloads would decrease if preloaders didn't have to load 4 trucks in 4 hrs. or less.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Misloads would decrease if MISloaders had an idea what they were loading. At least a little heads up. For instance....you load Jensen Beach, thus if MISloader sees a Port St. Lucie, it doesn't get loaded. This is just a thought.
I'm almost positive you can't get fired for misloads. You may be thrown in a feeder or some other job, but fired, I think not.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Are you sure the misloads are your mistake or is someone coming in behind you. It is hard to prove. Mistakes happen. The warning letter should automatically be grieved by your BA but if it doesn't happen you should do it.

Throw 3 or 4 packages into each of the cars around you. Once they`re counted as misorts your record will look pale by comparison.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
first off, are you trying to improve? then the company can issue all the warning letters it wants, really does not mean a thing. as long as you show a good attitude and give it your best every day, you should be ok.

as for termination for misloads, i dont know of anyone that has had this stick. they might try, but actually getting it done is something else.

just do your best! file on an action taken by the company.

d

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Are you sure the misloads are your mistake or is someone coming in behind you. It is hard to prove. Mistakes happen. The warning letter should automatically be grieved by your BA but if it doesn't happen you should do it.

It shouldn't be too hard to prove, or at least show a clear trend. The PAL labels have a timestamp on them from when they were SPA'd, and the packages can also be traced from the primary to what load they came from. If all the misloads were out of the primary at say, 5am, the it's hard to believe that someone came in from behind at 8:25 and misloaded them. If they're PALd at 8am, then obviously it's not the preloader if he/she is sent home at 8!

Sure not a perfect science, but of course management uses this information too when disciplining

sx2700

Banned
And, of course, the precious PAS is never wrong. Misloads have gone up considerably since PAS started in our building a few months ago.

evilleace

It shouldn't be too hard to prove, or at least show a clear trend. The PAL labels have a timestamp on them from when they were SPA'd, and the packages can also be traced from the primary to what load they came from. If all the misloads were out of the primary at say, 5am, the it's hard to believe that someone came in from behind at 8:25 and misloaded them. If they're PALd at 8am, then obviously it's not the preloader if he/she is sent home at 8!

Sure not a perfect science, but of course management uses this information too when disciplining

In my center the packages are SPA'ed as soon as they are unloaded so the time stamp wouldn't work like you said also in our builiding so hard up for people we aren't firing anyone if your building is like this then you definetly don't have anything to worry about.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Sorry, I forget about PAS. We are not on PAS yet, although we were told today that we are supposed to go live in March. YA RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

helenofcalifornia

How come your drivers aren't covering for you? Are they aware that you are being written up for misloads? I never report misloads to management unless it is a bad Pal label. We exchange the misloads at shuttle or deliver them myself. Loaders have a tough enough time without this kind of BS over their head.

This company is changing quickly into one that is black and white with no areas of grey. Grey does not mean it doesn't get done, just that it gets done in a different way.

drewed

Shankman
It may have nothing to do with the drivers, driver on route A finds package for neighboring route B its not too far off trace so he delivers it. Next morning it shows driver A delivered drivers B package=misload

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Helen, many, many time I have not reporteed mis-loads. Sometimes its a matter of just forgetting or sometimes its just not a big deal. However when you have a mis-loader of the month do it constantly and consistantly it gets old. Especially when they are rural mis-loads. Something needs to be done. If it takes reporting it to get something done then so be it.

A year ago I wasted my own personal time writing down streets in one resi area to help a preloader. I alphabatised them and printed them so these streets would not be confused with a different area on a different truck (rural). My effort was not used or even appreciated by the preloader.

If I have a preloader that is actually trying then I will back them 100%. If they are just trying to skate then, oh well.