warning letter ,not deserved

brown bomber

brown bomber
why is it that every feeder driver I see has a cellphone permanently attached to his ear....without any consequences...yet if you're in package DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT....warning letters, threats, and possible loss of employment

just wondering what the rules are.....I believe the contract has wording to allow the use of cellphones

over9five

Staff member
just wondering what the rules are.....I believe the contract has wording to allow the use of cellphones

Only if it is used for company business.

I think (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), but if the state you're in allows cellphone use while driving then UPS can't tell you not to.
I only say that because it happened here a while ago. All sorts of signs were posted at work saying you couldn't use a cell while driving. Someone challenged it, and they had to take all the signs down because it is legal here in Mass.
I will also add that I disagree with this. If the boss doesn't want you talking on the cell on his time, he should be able to dictate that.

over9five

Staff member
why is it that every feeder driver I see has a cellphone permanently attached to his ear....without any consequences...yet if you're in package DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT....warning letters, threats, and possible loss of employment
Aint that the truth! And the company knows this. Hell, they RELY on it. The Feeder Dept has everyones cell number. They know you're driving when they call you.

bluehdmc

Aint that the truth! And the company knows this. Hell, they RELY on it. The Feeder Dept has everyones cell number. They know you're driving when they call you.

If they're calling then it's OK to talk on the cell phone, "The needs of the business require it.":funny:

I'm on my blue tooth 4 hours a day. Feeder drivers use a CB and your allowed to use a cell phone as long as its not against the law in the city your in.