Warning Letter over Telematics

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brownbiatch, Aug 9, 2012.

1. brownbiatch

brownbiatch New Member

Ok guys, I've always heard that a driver cannot be disciplined over telematics. Well, I've just received a warning letter over telematics telling them I backed first 3 times in one day, which I honestly say is a damn lie. Can you guys point me in the right direction on where in the national agreement this is covered? Ready to file grievance just need solid info backing me.

2. cino321

cino321 Active Member

What are they saying you did wrong? Last I heard we're supposed to back first.

3. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

read letter with shop rep DO NOT SIGN RITE GRIEVANCE A ND KEEP ON BACKING WHEN YOU HAVE TO DONT WORRY ABOUT IT

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If you backed first 3 times just tell them you did. Nothing will come of this but u do need to file.

5. 40 and out

40 and out Active Member

File!!! Clear violation of contract if this happened as you say.

6. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

What region are you in?

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

We went through this BS few months ago. File file file. There are MANY reasons to back first. EI. Gated stop never buzzes you in for pickup but announces they don't have anything which forces you to back away from gate. Maybe someone blocked you while you were making a delivery and you had to back away first. Like I said many reasons. File.

8. DS

DS Fenderbender

You are supposed to back first.What planet are you on?

9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I think you guys are confused what a "back first" is. It's when you start the truck and throw it into reverse before putting it in drive. You are suppose to first turn around (if backing needed) ,make your delivery then when you get into your car you go into drive first.

10. DS

DS Fenderbender

Maybe you're right.If so the OP is guilty.Telematics does so much,is this the best they could come up with?
    I think someone doesn't like the OP and is trying to get rid of them.
    Maybe he is nosing in to stops and backing out.
    Not doing this would be a good place to start.

11. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Art 6 sec 4 Nat Master

It will never go any farther than the warnng letter without being observed.

12. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

You backed first because you were unaware of your surroundings, so you had to get out and look.

13. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

i asked company to take reverse out they said no you need it?

14. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

Paragraph 8

15. jaker

jaker trolling

The first thing out of my mouth would have been , AND what is the problem was you there to see Why I backed first

16. brownbiatch

brownbiatch New Member

Sorry for the confusion. As indecisi0n stated, I am talking about "nosing into a stop" or getting back to truck after stop and putting truck into reverse before drive. I know that I haven't done this and spoke to mechanic this evening. He says that you have to go a certain distance in forward gear before switching to reverse or that will show a "back first discretion." Ex. a house in a cul-de-sac that is too small for truck to turn around in and you make a 3-point turn. That will cause a "back first discretion" as it is called in my building.

17. brownbiatch

brownbiatch New Member

Thanks Bubblehead and Stink219, that's what I've been looking for.

18. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Tell them if they are so concerned about back first exceptions that you need all non powersteering trucks crushed as these "tools" we are given are unsafe by your disciplinary actions towards my "supposed" transgressions. Or you can just shrug, grieve it, and move on.

19. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Read it carefully, it doesn't provide you complete insulation.

20. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Second only to DOUBLE STANDARDS as my favorite.