Warning Letter!

Packmule

Oh! Evil me! Pulled into a rural, looped driveway the other day where it is physically impossible to get backed into, but which places my truck 15 feet from the customer's front window. Didn't honk my horn 'cause I didn't want to rattle the china in the hutch! Also, didn't know my sneaking little sup was spying on me. When he didn't hear the horn (at only that stop), he's giving me a warning letter. Folks, I am 97% in compliance with this policy, and hold off only when I know it it completely inappropriate to blow a dumb horn. You know, when I'm in front of a day-sleeper's house, an exhausted mother with napping babies, and such. Guess they are SOL now! My job now is to see how may complaints I can get, and show off my nicely framed warning letter.
This current management team is taking MY company to you know where in a hand basket.

I GOT ONE MORE

Here is the California vehicle code.Is this a pro or con for a grievance?27001. (a) The driver of a motor vehicle when reasonably necessaryto insure safe operation shall give audible warning with his horn. (b) The horn shall not otherwise be used, except as a theft alarmsystem which operates as specified in Article 13 (commencing withSection 28085) of this chapter.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A rebuttlal greivance? I'm interested....

Was the warning letter only for not blowing the horn or was it also for going in the driveway? If it was just for the horn I agree with menotyou that you should grieve the warning letter, citing the reasons that you gave. If it was also for going in the driveway I don't see where you would have basis for a grievance.

menotyou

bella amicizia
A rebuttlal greivance? I'm interested....
It is your reply to the warning letter. Only state facts. Do not include anything other than facts. Including the proximity to the front window and the need for decorum over protocol. Attach to a grievance form signed by your steward. Within 10 calendar days.

Packmule

Just for not blowing the horn. This was a rural stop with no other choice but to enter driveway. Also, totally avoided any backup by doing this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only thing I may have done differently is blow the horn as I was approaching the house. I most certainly would not have blown it 15' away from the house. Prepare the rebuttal grievance but do not file it right away. Ask your on-car for a few minutes of his time before the PCM on Tuesday. Present your side of the story and ask that the WL be reduced to a verbal warning or be thrown out altogether. If he refuses to budge present him with the signed grievance.

over9five

Staff member
The driver who delivers my neighborhood taps his horn every stop.

I am considering calling in a complaint, it's a damn nuisance.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Um....ah........on my route, if you were delivering after night-fall..........you might as well have been delivering on an inner-city route.......it was down-right scary...everyone had a gun, and an attack dog........if you're walking up a 100 yard long driveway, not knowing if Fido is out.......any suggestions..........I've a handful of encounters w/ pit bulls, that I wouldn't wish upon anyone.......eventually this mindset (delivering late-night), is going to result in a very serious injury

tourists24

Just for not blowing the horn. This was a rural stop with no other choice but to enter driveway. Also, totally avoided any backup by doing this.
I would make sure I never entered another driveway. A warning letter is to correct a bad action.... just park on the road and walk it.... no matter how far