Warning letter

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Go slow, get out and check next time. Help find the guy in the trailer a new pair of pants.

PT Car Washer

Our spotters always walk back to the dock door and make sure it is a pull. Takes an extra minute but well worth the time to keep someone from being hurt or worse.

Kis124

Our shifter has done it a few times. Now he waits inside and watches the unloader close the door or clear area if they are barn doors

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
hopefully, you didn't damage the rollers or extendo, and only scared the loader in the trailer. It happens sometimes on trailers that are scheduled for a pull and replace. Sometimes the hub fudges when they call yard control.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It happened to me years ago, but I was on the other end of it. I had just started my shift (night shift) and was a feeder loader at the time. I was told to continue loading a trailer the previous shift had started. I was walking the extendo into the trailer as the P/T sup was carrying a load stand into the trailer for me when the world moved under my feet. Fortunately the extendo was only about 10 feet into the trailer so the sup and I were able to move before we got crushed between the extendo and the wall of the feeder.

He drove it about 50 feet then stopped. I leaned around the back door and yelled up "really?" The driver didn't even get out. He hung his head out the window annoyed at me and yelled back "Yeah, really!"
I lost my :censored2: and went off on him telling him he could have permanently injured me or the sup. He continued giving me an attitude for his :censored2: up and said he checked the trailer, then proceeded to go to the break room to get food and a drink, then went to the bathroom then went back outside, got in the truck and pulled it without checking it.

@snakeman031465, everyone makes mistakes--we're all human, but that's a really dangerous mistake. Had the extendo been out far and you turned without driving straight ahead you could have crushed and killed anyone inside and could have broken the extendo/rollers/side wall of the trailer.

Please always check and double check to make sure the trailer is unoccupied before pulling it.

BigBeef42

As an unloader, this has actually happened to me twice. Extendo wasnt too far in so their wasnt any damage or injury.

Going for a ride on company time, and still alive!

Sent using Ink and Canvas

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
This happened to me as an unloader with the full time sup in the trailer with me. He was yelling at me to hurry up because he had already called the door down.