WARNING!!! Picture Poster's Beware!

BrownBlue

New Jack
Sorry STUG, this is a sad day. I felt inclined to actually join BC because of the fun threads like Wheres my diad, and How's the view, I was just about to break out my camera. Then came on here today, and bamm! UPS's soulless have spread their pestilence. Man, I can not believe this. I hope whoever decided to make this their problem to fix, will someday wake up and realize what a soulless scum-bag they are, and repent.:peaceful:

Can we not even post views with the truck in picture? Cause I've got some cool areas I'd like to show, and the brown truck just adds some reality to the pictures.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Sorry STUG, this is a sad day. I felt inclined to actually join BC because of the fun threads like Wheres my diad, and How's the view, I was just about to break out my camera. Then came on here today, and bamm! UPS's soulless have spread their pestilence. Man, I can not believe this. I hope whoever decided to make this their problem to fix, will someday wake up and realize what a soulless scum-bag they are, and repent.:peaceful:

Can we not even post views with the truck in picture? Cause I've got some cool areas I'd like to show, and the brown truck just adds some reality to the pictures.

I'm gonna ask my center manager if that's alright when I get back from my "vacation". I don't see what the problem would be. Just don't photoshop yourself on the top of a FedEx truck. They're not to keen on that.:wink2:

trickpony1

Can someone explain to me how a management poster who was cutting and pasting from U*S'ers .com gets his hand slapped but STUG loses a weeks pay/benefits and has a suspension on his record?

What's wrong with this picture?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can someone explain to me how a management poster who was cutting and pasting from U*S'ers .com gets his hand slapped but STUG loses a weeks pay/benefits and has a suspension on his record?

Hoax had just one "transgression" (albeit minor) while Steve had numerous, to include posting pictures of his on-car sup violating methods while on a OJS or safety ride. There were several posters here who tried to warn Steve, to include Rod, that this was going to happen. I have to believe that the pictures with the DIAD were harmless enough but the picture of him doing push ups perched on the UPS and FedEx trucks, or the picture of him with the FedEx driver and mail carrier, or ... Steve, I like you and admire your personality and would love to work with you but, objectively speaking, many of these pictures made it appear that you had a lot of time on your hands during your work day and I would have to wonder if perhaps some of your co-workers had the same work day as you seem to enjoy. I even recall asking you if you really wanted to post pictures of your sup from that ride. Do I agree with their decision to suspend you? No. I would have thought a meeting with your center manager and DM to discuss their concerns and a collective slap on the wrist would have sufficed but I have a feeling that the pic of the sup focused on writing with the door open and no seat belt on may have been the figurative straw that broke the camel's back. I would be willing to bet that the sup got an earful over that as well.

I know I will catch hell for this but stand by what I have written. Staying under the radar makes for a boring but successful 30 yr career.

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Stug....how's your daughter? Glad you're able to put a positive spin on what's happened. I wouldn't expect less from you. I know a lot of BCers thought they would greive this, and it is INCREDIBLY lame on management's part to try to terminate one of the best drivers I know, but I think you made the right decision for your family. I am sorry we couldn't do better by you. llg

sexyupsman

OUTRAGEOUS! Can I or should I post my picture of my drivers DIAD? I was going to ask him to put it somewher funny and I was going to submit it to that thread. I will not if it would cause any issues and I would hate for him to get in trouble. Corporate Jerks!:angry:*****

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I was not contacted by UPS ... by another BC member who contacted me and pointed out my transgression. I never heard anything from UPS. I played the other BC member as being a Corporate monitor of the site but I have no proof. I used this as a means to warn other BC members that posting from UPSers.com was not allowed. And I have not posted anything since from e-mails from UPS or UPSers.com.

And besides...I swallow! :wink2:

sexyupsman

I was not contacted by UPS ... by another BC member who contacted me and pointed out my transgression. I never heard anything from UPS. I played the other BC member as being a Corporate monitor of the site but I have no proof. I used this as a means to warn other BC members that posting from UPSers.com was not allowed. And I have not posted anything since from e-mails from UPS or UPSers.com.

Nice!

dillweed

whoa, I haven't been here for a couple days and was shocked to see what happened. It was such an innocent and amusing thread.

UPS may have felt that you were stealing time to get those pics or using their sacred equipment for something other than intended.

Sorry to hear they came down on you so hard, just seems a bit over-the-top and who would believe that of UPS?

So glad your sense of humor is intact. Keep loving your job and your customers but always watch your back in regard to the brown monster.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You must have been reading my mind!:happy-very:

LOL!

Hoax had just one "transgression" (albeit minor) while Steve had numerous, to include posting pictures of his on-car sup violating methods while on a OJS or safety ride. There were several posters here who tried to warn Steve, to include Rod, that this was going to happen. I have to believe that the pictures with the DIAD were harmless enough but the picture of him doing push ups perched on the UPS and FedEx trucks, or the picture of him with the FedEx driver and mail carrier, or ... Steve, I like you and admire your personality and would love to work with you but, objectively speaking, many of these pictures made it appear that you had a lot of time on your hands during your work day and I would have to wonder if perhaps some of your co-workers had the same work day as you seem to enjoy. I even recall asking you if you really wanted to post pictures of your sup from that ride. Do I agree with their decision to suspend you? No. I would have thought a meeting with your center manager and DM to discuss their concerns and a collective slap on the wrist would have sufficed but I have a feeling that the pic of the sup focused on writing with the door open and no seat belt on may have been the figurative straw that broke the camel's back. I would be willing to bet that the sup got an earful over that as well.

I know I will catch hell for this but stand by what I have written. Staying under the radar makes for a boring but successful 30 yr career.

Thanks, upstate, that means a lot to me, and you're right, I heard you guys, but was having fun.

Stug....how's your daughter? Glad you're able to put a positive spin on what's happened. I wouldn't expect less from you. I know a lot of BCers thought they would greive this, and it is INCREDIBLY lame on management's part to try to terminate one of the best drivers I know, but I think you made the right decision for your family. I am sorry we couldn't do better by you. llg

Thanks LLG, you're the man!

OUTRAGEOUS! Can I or should I post my picture of my drivers DIAD? I was going to ask him to put it somewher funny and I was going to submit it to that thread. I will not if it would cause any issues and I would hate for him to get in trouble. Corporate Jerks!:angry:BullS@&T!

They got me for not being anonymous. Don't know if Cheryl will let you post an "anonymous" DIAD pic, ask her. As a matter of fact, I don't think it should matter if you post one. You don't work for UPS, so they can't fire you. There's no numbers on the DIAD's to find out who it belongs to. And finally, UPS came after me, because as you can all tell, I'm a real person, not an anonymous poster/person on a forum, but if I was anonymous, I'd have a darned good name.

:sick:

:sick::sick::sick:

whoa, I haven't been here for a couple days and was shocked to see what happened. It was such an innocent and amusing thread.

UPS may have felt that you were stealing time to get those pics or using their sacred equipment for something other than intended.

Sorry to hear they came down on you so hard, just seems a bit over-the-top and who would believe that of UPS?

So glad your sense of humor is intact. Keep loving your job and your customers but always watch your back in regard to the brown monster.

Thanks for the back up, dill. How are things going for you? Back under the radar yet?

sexyupsman

LOL!

Thanks, upstate, that means a lot to me, and you're right, I heard you guys, but was having fun.

Thanks LLG, you're the man!

They got me for not being anonymous. Don't know if Cheryl will let you post an "anonymous" DIAD pic, ask her.

:sick:

:sick::sick::sick:

Thanks for the back up, dill. How are things going for you? Back under the radar yet?
Steve: I meant "NICE" to the fact there may be a corporate spy! But now that I see what you were referenced I can only say; Nice!

trickpony1

Why didn't the company treat STUG as an adult, with respect, and sit him down in the office, with multitudes of witnesses, and say something to the effect of, "......we know what you're doing. You can choose to stop it or we will pursue it.".

So simple.
So adult.
So respectful.

but I guess something like this is never gonna happen.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Why didn't the company treat STUG as an adult, with respect, and sit him down in the office, with multitudes of witnesses, and say something to the effect of, "......we know what you're doing. You can choose to stop it or we will pursue it.".

So simple.
So adult.
So respectful.

but I guess something like this is never gonna happen.

This is the reason why. You're sooo right. There's no level playing field here. Hello, it was a joke, just having fun. No one was hurt and no DIADS were maimed. So'k, we'll survive.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

??????????????????