*warning* sappy but true.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I was lifting a package that was labeled as 30 lbs and it actually weighed 90 lbs. It happened during a production ride.

Ohhhhhhhh....THAT couldn't have been good!!!!!!! Did the company put up a h*lluva fight about the claim? Let alone did the supe riding with you find himself in deep :censored2: for you getting hurt? Just curious. I've heard the WORST time for an hourly to get injured is when a supe is riding with them :w00t:. -Rocky

leastbest

LeastBest
I've been off since the injury so I don't know what happened to the sup. I assume he was treated with respect and dignity. That's what the UPS Policy Book demands.

I'm just doing the requisite therapy and trying to get healthy. I'm 51 so I don't heal as fast as I used to.

I'm getting ready to retire. I'm going to try and make it as a writer in a few years. We'll see what happens.

Randy
www.leastbest.com

DS

Fenderbender
Hey leastbest,you have a pretty nifty little website there

not that I play banjo but I do play guitar and those banjo videos were pretty cool man.Its real old school stuff but I love pretty much all kinds of music.I tried to send a comment but I aint paying blog-city nothin.
The way its all downstrokes really freaks me out...it must be hard trying to keep your fingernails nice working at UPS.I dont have a videocam or even a cell phone but if you or anyone wants to hear some stuff I did, I will email it to you.Sad that it takes an injury for you to come in to talk to us.Well I hope your back heals up good,I'm 52 so I know how you feel.

mikestrek

I complain as much as the next person about UPS but I have to say..

As I saw a lady in line at the pharmacy paying $200. for medicine...

As I read about another family pushed into financial burden from having no health coverage.

As I work for a company that has so much industry respect that we can get into just about ANY building with a smile and wave to deliver...

I am lucky that I found UPS because has provided security for me and my family in a world where that is becoming increasingly more difficult to obtain.
AGREE!! Good point.

dillweed

I feel my aetna insurance, as a part timer, is fantastic. My husband and I are both on maintenance drugs and I figure aetna pays almost $5000 per year with the 100% coverage.

Aetna has been a great company, answers any questions and pays for so much. It's well worth some of the hassles of working for UPS.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
It is the deadbeats who do not pay their bills that drive the costs up.
We take up the slack.

I have a theory:

Insurance is it's own worst enemy. If people had to pay for health care out of pocket:

1. They would not go to the doctor every time they got a stuffy nose.
2. Free market competition would drive prices down.

W

westsideworma

$7-10 a week is what it costs me at FedEx for comparable benefits..
I was shocked it was so low..

wow thats really not bad fredly, that comes out to less than union dues for a FT driver in our local. Granted our drivers make more and get to top rate quicker. You are/were (can't remember) in Express right? I hear their top rate around here is 25/26 though it takes longer to get there. Its becoming more enticing to people around here...being able to get home at a decent hour and still make a good wage (at Express, Ground is another story).

VTBrown

It can take as much as 10 years to get to top rate at FedEx.

I spent almost 4 years at Express and am now Brown, while it's a better company to work for. I would not go back.

You don't have the Union/Management bull**** to deal with. Half the stuff I see UPS drivers pull...you'd be fired quicker then....at FedEx. Makes for a calmer work environment.

SmithBarney

wow thats really not bad fredly, that comes out to less than union dues for a FT driver in our local. Granted our drivers make more and get to top rate quicker. You are/were (can't remember) in Express right? I hear their top rate around here is 25/26 though it takes longer to get there. Its becoming more enticing to people around here...being able to get home at a decent hour and still make a good wage (at Express, Ground is another story).

Yes, I'm at Express, it takes a long time to get to top rate, but I'm also home
for dinner every night, get about 5 hrs of overtime a week. I'm done delivering
by 1 or so everyday, pickups run from 2:30-4:30 Being home every night is
worth the cut in pay to me.. yes I miss the big paychecks. I think what I get paid
is fair for the work I do. (as it was when I worked at UPS) You get performance
based raises once a year, and I believe something slightly larger than
a cornish game hen for Christmas...