Warning: Serious Spiritual Question Contained In This Thread

Integrity

Binge Poster
To All,

I thought to give a little time to a discussion outside of UPS related issues today.

Warning: if you are one of the many who don't like talking about spiritual things or as many say "talking about religion" then you should proceed with caution.

You may view this as an overly sensitive religious conversation.

For discussion:

Do you believe in the eternal soul of a human being?

If so, then what do you believe would happen to your eternal soul if you were unexpectantly snatched from this life today?

Why do you believe this?

Sincerely,
I

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
To All,

I thought to give a little time to a discussion outside of UPS related issues today.

Warning: if you are one of the many who don't like talking about spiritual things or as many say "talking about religion" then you should proceed with caution.

You may view this as an overly sensitive religious conversation.

For discussion:

no

If so, then what do you believe would happen to your eternal soul if you were unexpectantly snatched from this life today?

N/A

Why do you believe this?

I grew up going to church but I'm not a blind faith type of person. (Probably a bit of a flaw of mine). I need proof. There's none out there.

That and the fact humans fear death so much they need to believe there is an after life. Same thing behind Greek mythology. Which we all find pretty humorous now.

Sincerely,
I

My replies are in your quote. I will discuss no farther. Hope this thread becomes all u want it to be.

upsgrunt

I believe in the eternal soul, and I believe mine will go to heaven upon my death; not because I'm special, or have done anything to deserve it, but simply because I'm a sinner saved by God's grace and his grace alone. His love for us so strong, He gives us the choice to love Him or not.
If this view and opinion make me a weirdo, radical, or eligible for persecution- so be it.

Mathew 5; 11-12

S

serenity now

over9five,

Do you base your faith in this on anything or is it just how you feel?

No offense intended, I am just trying to understand the basis for your faith in your statement.

Sincerely,
I

c'mon over9five, it will cost you another dollar to keep playing

DS

Fenderbender
Are you serious?
All the millions of people that died over the years from Vlad the impaler to
the death camps in WW2 and the massacres in Africa ...
Where are their souls now?
There is no God.
You can set your own parameters to get yourself through life,
The truth is always there to see.
I believe in eternal truth.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are you serious?
Where are their souls now?
There is no God.
You can set your own parameters to get yourself through life,
The truth is always there to see.
I believe in eternal truth.

This is the key really. To each their own some need to believe some dont.

texan

I contemplated, should I post?
I do not have all the answers, as DS posted, all the deaths, and pain in this world? Why?

But I believe and know that I know that I know there is a Father / Creator, and His Son came and died
for my sin, and all of our shortcoming.

Revelations 15:3

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are you serious? YES, The title of this thread stated this is a serious question.
Where are their souls now? No comment at this time.
There is no God. You are entitled to believe or not believe.
You can set your own parameters to get yourself through life, How does this work? What are these parameters the you talk about. I am curious? No offense intended.
The truth is always there to see.I am not sure I understand. What is this truth that you claim is there to see.
I believe in eternal truth. What is eternal truth?
DS,

Responses above.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
This is the key really. To each their own some need to believe some dont.
Brownslave688,

No offense intended, just talking.

Everyone believes and has faith in something or someone, the question is what or who that something or someone is.

In my opinion believing in nothing is a larger step of faith than believing in God.

There can be no evidence for nothing because nothing is just that, nothing. What can hold this faith together?

On the other hand, there is much evidence for God, Jesus and the cross.

Sincerely,
I

I contemplated, should I post?
I do not have all the answers, as DS posted, all the deaths, and pain in this world? Why?

But I believe and know that I know that I know there is a Father / Creator, and His Son came and died
for my sin, and all of our shortcoming.

Revelations 15:3
this mans faith goes a long long way and it truly makes me happy to be alive and know of a man like him. Him finding Jesus is very special in my heart.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I believe there is a power greater than me. I can't explain or describe the entity. I chose to call my higher power as God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.

DS

Fenderbender
I will try my best to explain what I believe the truth is.
Things are what they are up to the point that one decides that they are something else.
You could say that red is the color that is defined by a certain wavelength of light.
If you are color blind,it may appear as different altogether.
The truth is what things really are until one adds their opinion to it.
It is always there,but not until you strip away all the opinions and misconceptions that
make it what it is,will you ever be able to see it.It is intangible.The minute you put a label
on it it becomes a non truth.
A baby knows more about the truth that an old man,because his head is not yet corrupted
by infinite misconceptions that the old man has decided his truths are.
This wisdom is very hard to learn,and only by ridding ones mind of all imperfect ideas,will
one truly be able to see it.I,by no means have been able to harness this wisdom that I
refer to as that one truth,but I am certain that it's the only way to see it.
Did that make any sense to you?

S

serenity now

DS, would it be oversimplifying what you have stated, to say that one's reality is purely their perception.

or, did i miss it completely

DS

Fenderbender
DS, would it be oversimplifying what you have stated, to say that one's reality is purely their perception.

or, did i miss it completely
I may have oversimplified it.It is much more than that.If there is a God,I believe he is the truth,and we embody him or it from the day we are born.It's up to us to learn how to perceive this truth and establish it as our way of thinking.
As we get older,it becomes harder and harder to break away from the falsehoods we have learned over the years.
Try to think of your mind as an empty glass,the less you fill it with,the closer to the truth you stay.