Warning: Serious Spiritual Question Contained In This Thread

I may have oversimplified it.It is much more than that.If there is a God,I believe he is the truth,and we embody him or it from the day we are born.It's up to us to learn how to perceive this truth and establish it as our way of thinking.
As we get older,it becomes harder and harder to break away from the falsehoods we have learned over the years.
Try to think of your mind as an empty glass,the less you fill it with,the closer to the truth you stay.
We are in Hell right now!...The only way to go from here is up!!

bbsam

Staff member
Are you serious?
All the millions of people that died over the years from Vlad the impaler to
the death camps in WW2 and the massacres in Africa ...
Where are their souls now?
There is no God.
You can set your own parameters to get yourself through life,
The truth is always there to see.
I believe in eternal truth.

All that death, pain, misery...and yet Love, Peace, community. Why is it easy to look at the pain and make a declaration and ignore the obvious beauty? That is so hard for me to comprehend.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is the key really. To each their own some need to believe some dont.
Brownslave688,

No offense intended, just talking.

Everyone believes and has faith in something or someone, the question is what or who that something or someone is.

In my opinion believing in nothing is a larger step of faith than believing in God.

There can be no evidence for nothing because nothing is just that, nothing. What can hold this faith together?

On the other hand, there is much evidence for God, Jesus and the cross.

Sincerely,
I

A great philosopher once said. Why not believe in god. Worst case scenario is he doesn't exist and morally you lived a better life for nothing.

Not a terrible worst case.

DS

Fenderbender
All that death, pain, misery...and yet Love, Peace, community. Why is it easy to look at the pain and make a declaration and ignore the obvious beauty? That is so hard for me to comprehend.
I'm not ignoring anything.I'm a nature freak too.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

DS

Fenderbender
then why does one set of facts support nonexistence and the other set does not support existence?
I have no clue what you are talking about.
Maybe I should not have said there is no God.
In my eyes,we have an obligation to ourselves,to try to see the world as it really is.

Trust me there is a God. How else do you explain the goose bumps I get when I pray? What about the times when times were tough and I made it through. I do need there to be a Jesus very much and this might have been what I needed during those times but knowing with out a doubt with my faith is where I'm at now. Faith is what you will need. Thank God I've found this.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
more proof !!!! Quote from the Book of John & Paul !!!! " 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all good children go to heaven " From You Never Give Me Your Money ....Abbey Road 1969 !

A

anonymous6

yes. my wife has dreams with her father who passed many years ago. it's uncanny how many times he has helped us solved problems with the car or missing items and other stuff.

i know this sounds unreal but for example my wife knows absolutely nothing about cars but she will tell me detailed stuff on how to fix the car her dad told her about and it worked.

many many time this has happened with all kinds of stuff.