Warren Buffet

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's your take on Buffet buying a railroad ???????

I just read the article. He is offering $100 cash per share of outstanding Burlington Northern stock or an equivalent amount in Berkshire stock. He is betting that railroads will once again be an integral part of moving goods cross country. Shares of BN jumped 27% on the news.

I think it is a smart investment and hope that he lives long enough to see the return on his investment.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just read the article. He is offering $100 cash per share of outstanding Burlington Northern stock or an equivalent amount in Berkshire stock. He is betting that railroads will once again be an integral part of moving goods cross country. Shares of BN jumped 27% on the news.

I think it is a smart investment and hope that he lives long enough to see the return on his investment.

Its too bad a large part of the railroad infrostrucrure has been sold off. Many thousands of miles of tracks have been torn up and the right-a-ways sold. It would take billions and billions of dollars to get the railroads back to the powerhouse they once were-------------------------------Crap--------- I hope I didn't give Obama another idea

bbsam

Staff member
Looks like Buffet believes the Obama stimulus is going to have a lasting effect. But what does he know.