Was I wrong

Work right slow and safe

I feel so bad !!!!

Today I was driving my car and see a pc on the side of the road with all the doors open. So i passed by and I did not see anyone inside and very few packages in the back. So I was like he must be waitting for the tow truck so I whent to the store and bought a water for them whent back like 15 min later and it was still open. still no one to be seen so i hit the horn and no one came out the owner of the house it was parked infrount of did and I asked him if he seen the driver. He stated no but it has been there for over 30min. So i was like dam is he ok so i called the center and after 15 more min of waitting outside the pc. I talked with the center manager and he was going to find out what was going on. Right after that the driver walked up and said that he was having lunch with his wife across the street. So i left and call the center manager back and told him that the driver was ok.
All he had to say was well why did he have the all the doors open I stated dont know and did not ask and then he just hung up the phone.

So I feel bad due to he may be in big trouble now and the driver is a cool guy. :sick:

P

pickup

You did the right thing.

If upstate says you did the right thing, then you did the right thing. If there were something slightly different that you should have done rest assured upstate would have informed you what that thing would have been as well as a comment along the lines like "Google ratfink"

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You did the right thing.

Ditto that.

Had the vehicle been secured, nothing would have been said or done. But with the driver no where to be seen, and the packages unsecured, he really screwed up.

What ever happens to this knucklehead, you did right by thinking something was wrong with the scene.

d

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Did you ask him why his PC was wide open and he was nowhere to be found? Leaving the PC with packages still in it may make the center manager call this guy on the carpet.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would have done the same thing. Your intent was to make sure the driver was OK, not to get him in trouble. He did that part to himself.

bigbrownhen

You didn't do anything wrong. What if he had been hurt and you had done nothing. That would have been wrong. You did your best to check out the situation without contacting the center. He made the mistake leaving the truck open. I would feel bad as well, but you had the best intentions.

M

Mike23

I would've done the same thing. Doors open and no one around, you may as well put a big SOS flag up. Especially since he hadn't returned in quite some time.

ups767mech

I would've done the same thing. Doors open and no one around, you may as well put a big SOS flag up. Especially since he hadn't returned in quite some time.

Maybe you could have not mentioned to the center manager all the doors were open. Then stood by and "stood guard" to make sure all packages were safe till he returned. Then chewed his ass for not securing his vehicle. Maybe he would have learned his lesson. Now his family may not have food on the table. Good job union brother. SHEEEEEEEEEEEESH

sano

Maybe you could have not mentioned to the center manager all the doors were open. Then stood by and "stood guard" to make sure all packages were safe till he returned. Then chewed his ass for not securing his vehicle. Maybe he would have learned his lesson. Now his family may not have food on the table. Good job union brother. SHEEEEEEEEEEEESH
If it were as it appeared, an incident where the driver could be in danger, what good would have standing guard over the truck done?
Teamster or no, we have got to stop defending people who don't deserve to be defended.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

That's funny! Good, sardonic sense of humor. :biting:
Few people get it when I use this type of humor.

And by the way Work right slow and safe, you did good. (except for that name :wink2:)

terrymac

Well, Ive thought about it, If I ever see a 767 pulled over on the side of the road with all the doors open, I am not going to stop. screw the driver, I hope he is not dieing in the ditch, bleeding of gunshots.... damn , Ive heard guns are on the street? any conformation?

ups767mech

I agree he did the right thing to call and check on the drivers well being. My point is that he could have left out the fact that he left the doors open. Something he knows you can be fired for.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I agree he did the right thing to call and check on the drivers well being. My point is that he could have left out the fact that he left the doors open. Something he knows you can be fired for.

Well maybe the doors shouldnt have been left open in the first place and workrightslowsafe wouldnt've had too add that when he phoned the center manager about the driver

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

you know, if all the doors were shut, would the driver even have bothered taking a second look? The very fact that the doors were open and no one was there was the single reason that he thought something was very very wrong, and that is why he called the center.

HE did everything perfectly. If the other driver catches hell, its his own personal problem. Just like a drunk that runs off the road and kills himself. No one to blame but himself.

d