Was the Load Quality Acceptable?

oldngray

nowhere special
We use extendos.

Resident know-it-all.

We had a couple of extendos but those were just for overflow. Package cars were loaded from boxlines and the preloaders stood on a metro belt that would be used when the package cars are unloaded at night. An unloading device was on a track along the belt and would extend a chute into the package cars for unloading.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
This is absolutely untrue-----the quality of the load is most certainly my concern as it directly impacts my day. I work hard enough and don't need to work that much harder due to a poor load.
Perhaps you would be a happier person if you worried about things you can change. Management could literally throw everything in your truck in any manner they so choose, and there's nothing you can do about it. As long as it's not a safety issue you will be required to do the job to the best of your abilty.

Now to that extent, it would be foolish for the company to do the aforementioned, but the point remains they decide how to load the truck and what's acceptable to them is acceptable to you.

govols019

You smell that?
Management could literally throw everything in your truck in any manner they so choose, and there's nothing you can do about it. As long as it's not a safety issue you will be required to do the job to the best of your abilty.

We had a preloader do that way before the PAS system. He was mad they put him on cars he didn't know so he just put the first box down the belt in 1A and filled up the shelves from there. It was horrible...If I remember right 3-4 of us had to go help the driver that night.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The people I 'narc' on the most are probably the people who unload our package cars once we get in. They don't use the unload aid devices and literally chunk my pickup volume the length of my package car to be heard crashing on to the belt.

I try to talk to them about it first.

How could anyone not use the metro when unloading package cars? It's harder that way. Management doesnt care, why should the unloaders care. I hate when drivers leave their damn handtruck in the middle of the package cars or chained up around pickups which makes it difficult to get to the packages, I hate when drivers put their damn smalls and airs all over the truck leaving me to do it, I hate when drivers park their big ugly truck slanted to the curb - causing my foot to fall right through. I could go on and on. Nobody is perfect.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2014-07-28-10-26-16.jpg