I am (or technically was) a casual driver. I started about 3 weeks ago and have only been on the road by myself about 7 times since they only have me come in 2-3 days a week. My route is known to be a ty route by all the drivers. It has been getting extremely bad preloads. Several misloads and several offroutes a day. Also adding stops that aren't normally on route. The EDD is also a disaster and has me doing stops that require me to drive back and forth constantly because the stops are grouped horribly. Basically management has been on my ass about picking up the pace. In the morning I always have to deliver airs that are so far apart that I barely get them done by 10:30. Anyways, Wednesday was so messed up and I was so far behind that on Thursday my supervisor told me that his boss wanted me gone. However he mentioned that he would explain how it was a bad day and that I can do way better. I had only 22 stops completed by 12:00 due to a completely full car and bulk packages (the fulltime drivers who saw the car were surprised that they put me with so much). Normally I average about 25 per hour. There were about 170 stops for the day and to make things worse my bulkhead door would jam on the track at every stop, the car would take about 15 seconds to start up at all times, and mgmt sent out, at separate times, 3 drivers to take some of the stops off me. (I had to wait about 15 mins each time a driver met me and they each would take only 10 stops worth. Seems kind of stupid because I could have delivered most of those within 25 mins since they were all grouped together.) I called this morning to see if they needed me today and one of the supervisors just tells me on the phone "We aren't going to be needing your services anymore. Your production rate is too slow. No worries, we just hired new casuals and are going to stick with them and run them through the mill. If you could return your uniform today that would be great." I told him I would go to the center on Monday to return my uniform. I was hoping that the weekend would give me time to figure this out. Is there any way to fight this? Is there a time frame in which you must be notified of termination and not just one day? Any advice would be great.