Washington Post Slam

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Well good. I am glad to hear that. However, I have talked to some centers who do not agree in the voluntary approach of doing this.....which is if you do not do it, your name goes on a list to officers of the company.

do you really believe that? you think "officers" of our company have a list of drivers (edit: anyone at our company) who did not write a letter and are spending hours thinking of a plan of "how to deal with them?"

Dustyroads

omg...i find myself agreeing with salesguy for once. Yeah, the idea that the "officers of the company" have a list of people who didn't write their letter is pretty laughable. I find it difficult to believe that anyone employed with UPS would believe that the board of directors has a list of drivers out in bumfuddle egypt that didn't get their letter written.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I wonder if the same people who didnt want to write out the letters would be willing to give up a portion of thier pay and benefits so that we could better compete with our NON-UNION competitors. Really regardless of the laws that are inforced, they should be the same for any and all companies that do the SAME work. Also for future reference NOT all Fed-Ex packages go onto a plane. They like us transport any and all packages on a truck when thier service will not be jeopardized.

klein

Für Meno :)
it's cool dusty, i won't tell anyone

It's cool Salesguy, if you get it your way, and Fedex has to pay employess more and therefor more for service. Then you have a much better sales gain.
But, if Fedex even loses more money, then they might do the same as DHL and say forget USA, we are out of here, Lets just do the rest of the world.
Where does that leave you? Nothing to compete with, but they (UPS) would be looking for more drivers..:anxious:

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
i thought about using my alias for that one salesguy

happy friday.

cheers.gif

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
It's cool Salesguy, if you get it your way, and Fedex has to pay employess more and therefor more for service. Then you have a much better sales gain.
But, if Fedex even loses more money, then they might do the same as DHL and say forget USA, we are out of here, Lets just do the rest of the world.
Where does that leave you? Nothing to compete with, but they (UPS) would be looking for more drivers..:anxious:

i'd drive a truck if that were the case. FedEx would NEVER pull out of the USA.....DHL was a terrible company who got ahead of themselves...fedex is smart enough to use government loopholes to their advantage.

it's time to even the playing field here in america.

tieguy

Banned
According to other posts it is not a Pro argument for FedEx, as apparently they want to unionize more so than to read the whole bill.

Also....I am a UPS Employee, who does not like to be brain washed or threatened to do something.

And again I mean no disrespect but I am curious. I realize its very easy for a fdx employee to lobby here against this bill. It would also be easy for a fdx employee to come here and spread false information about being forced to write the letters.

could you possibly give us a little more information about what you do for ups and possibly add some detail that would lead us to believe you are legitimately a ups person and not someone from brownbailout. com paid to market the fdx perspective here? Perhaps a job description things you're measured on as an employee. Some specific examples of the service results you're measured on and achieve for us so we can clearly see that you have to be a upser with this unusual opinion?

klein

i'd drive a truck if that were the case. FedEx would NEVER pull out of the USA.....DHL was a terrible company who got ahead of themselves...fedex is smart enough to use government loopholes to their advantage.

it's time to even the playing field here in america.

DHL is actually very, very successful in Europe (belongs to the German Post Office), but I do agree with you, on the terrible service here in North America (they still operate fully in Canada), but most of them speak terrible english (east indians), and don't know how many times they asked me for directions.
They get paid by the piece here, thats it.

If I would have gotten one of those letters, I would have taken it to one of my fedex drivers on my route (ran into them all the time).
Would have shown them it, and asked if I should sign it for them.

You know what, I would have probably been told, like many times before ?

No, thanks, I'll never want your workload or those long working hrs !

Or in your case those darn rules about drinking on the clock.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
THIS WAS VOLUNTARY !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Message to me on Monday 4pm

Be in at 8am for letter writing campaign

Didnt show

Message to me on Tuesday 4pm

Didnt show

Message to me on Wednsday 4pm

Read some of the issues drivers were having on this board about not doing it so I just went in and took the extra half-hour pay.
I don't believe that writing letters is going to solve/fix the situation anyways and for a company swearing to be green, that was a lot of trees we ripped out of the ground for the paper.

It should have been run this way :

Here is how we want you to write it. Bring it home and write 2 letters to your senators because we believe this will turn the tide.

You really think this was setup to be voluntary ????

We had to write those letters here. When I refused I was told "Don't be a friend* team player than." I think that falls into intimidation.

over9five

Staff member
I think anyone who believed they HAD to write these letters is seriously lacking [-]ba***[/-] intestinal fortitude.

Seriously, we're union employees. What exactly do you believe would have happened if you didn't write the letter?
C'mon.......

klein

Didnt show

Didnt show

Read some of the issues drivers were having on this board about not doing it so I just went in and took the extra half-hour pay.
I don't believe that writing letters is going to solve/fix the situation anyways and for a company swearing to be green, that was a lot of trees we ripped out of the ground for the paper.

Here is how we want you to write it. Bring it home and write 2 letters to your senators because we believe this will turn the tide.

I totally agree with you., Yes, lets show Fedex employees solidairty and then take thier business away !
Wasn't right, by all means.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender

Didnt show

Didnt show

you are rediculous. you don't see the value of an even playing field so you went in an stole money from the company? i bet you have no problem cashing your paycheck while everyone else works to make sure you always have packages to deliver. edit: i didnt even mention how you are a tree hugger and saving the trees by not writing letters...lol.

and of the 94,350 drivers, you think the 2 or 3 on browncafe that had a gripe with the letters (and it was more a problem with management telling them what to do rather than a problem with the issue at hand) represent a majority? drivers in our building (there are 5 centers in our building) were excited and even called their own voluntary meeting to answer any questions.

like i said in the original thread about this, drivers were coming up to me saying they were on board no matter what.

Dustyroads

"Don't be a friend* team player than."

If I had been told this about any issue at my workplace, I would have had a little meeting with the union steward and the center manager. Mr. don't know, did you report this intimidation? Well, I mean to anyone except us here at the brown cafe?

shrimpfire

shrimpfire
Re: Discuss: UPS Employees Say They Were Forced to Lobby Against Fed Ex

They paid u for time but told u what to write during the pcm, in mobile

nervIS

I think anyone who believed they HAD to write these letters is seriously lacking [-]ba***[/-] intestinal fortitude.

Seriously, we're union employees. What exactly do you believe would have happened if you didn't write the letter?
C'mon.......

not all of us are union employees. union and non-union wrote the letters.

do i get extra points for being quoted by the washington post?

sweet!