Washington Post Slam

Overpaid Union Thug

The hubs/centers that tried to force employees to write letters were wrong.
The employees that gave in are gutless.
The employees that only refused to out of spite because of personal grievances with UPS should be ashamed.

That's all I have to say about it.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
you are rediculous. you don't see the value of an even playing field so you went in an stole money from the company? i bet you have no problem cashing your paycheck while everyone else works to make sure you always have packages to deliver. edit: i didnt even mention how you are a tree hugger and saving the trees by not writing letters...lol.

and of the 94,350 drivers, you think the 2 or 3 on browncafe that had a gripe with the letters (and it was more a problem with management telling them what to do rather than a problem with the issue at hand) represent a majority? drivers in our building (there are 5 centers in our building) were excited and even called their own voluntary meeting to answer any questions.

like i said in the original thread about this, drivers were coming up to me saying they were on board no matter what.

1) I didn't steal the money salesgeek, I WAS GIVEN THE MONEY TO WRITE OUT 2 LETTERS IF I CARED OR NOT

2) In no way am I a treehugger, just didn't feel that gorilla snot looking calender we gave out was worth the wasted ink

3) If you don't know how to spell Ridiculous use the word absurd instead

4) I was informed through this website that the Union was 100% behind this, but was not told that by management

5) No one had a gripe with the letters themselves, it was the tactics used that made it dirty

FedEx courier

This is another story trumped up by FedEx. Using anonymous people as your source for a news story is "absurd". Someone that is anonymous on a blog could be a FedEx manager or anybody. There is absolutely no substance to the way the article is presented. It would be easy to prove this story false by pointing out that some employees didn't write letters. FedEx is making their anti-employee campaign more slanderous everyday.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Well good. I am glad to hear that. However, I have talked to some centers who do not agree in the voluntary approach of doing this.....which is if you do not do it, your name goes on a list to officers of the company.
Walkins, I smell a troll.

Our company's officers are not like Obama and the Flag.com thing. They wanted everyone to write it, but they dont have the time nor the energy to deal with people like you. Your kind has been around since the beginning, enjoying all the wonderful pluses the company has to offer, while never taking a stand when needed to help out.

They have a business to run, they dont have the time to track down malcontents.

Tie, I was delivering for UPS before the deregulation of trucking in 1980....just fyi, there was never in our history anything that was responsible for more growth in ups than the 1980 deregulation of trucking
Dusty, it was during the 80's that UPS also came up with a top down management plan. The role of management was to remove barriers for us, and allow us to aggressively court new customers while giving the existing customers more reason to stay with UPS. I think both had a great impact on customer satisfaction.

Heffe, dont let the guy get under your skin. While I find I actually agree with a couple of his posts, his people skills still have a lot to be desired. He does not understand that between the ivory tower that he pretends to sit in, and the front lines, some of the greatest and best ideas get prostituted, many by people that have just his attitude toward drivers.

Over all, I think his heart is in the right place, he just has a problem with diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain a lot.

Sales guy, make sure you keep us updated on the little one!:happy-very:

d

tieguy

Banned
Our company's officers are not like Obama and the Flag.com thing. They wanted everyone to write it, but they dont have the time nor the energy to deal with people like you. Your kind has been around since the beginning, enjoying all the wonderful pluses the company has to offer, while never taking a stand when needed to help out.

d

There was no list sent to anyone. From what I saw approximately 75 percent of our people wrote letters. Of those that did not some were on vacation and did not have the opportunity. approximately 10 did not want to participate. As many as 30 out of 200 in another operation that I know of. No one pressured them to write the letters and no list was sent to corporate or anyone above the center level.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Whatever. I am assuming you're not just at a terminal where there is 100 or less employees, where you can ask every manager?

You work out of a terminal? I thought you fedex guys worked out of stations, the parcel side of UPS works out of Centers and Hubs. Officers of the company? How much does Fred pay you Brownbailout guys?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
We had to write those letters here. When I refused I was told "Don't be a friend* team player than." I think that falls into intimidation.
What kinda whimps is UPS forced to hire these days.

Intimidation my big ole hairy behind.

Intimidation is a dead cat that hanged himself from your back doorway sill. Intimidation is when you have your brake lines tampered with for taking a stand.

Tell you what, when you get off baby food post back.

d

dom1938

Re: Discuss: UPS Employees Say They Were Forced to Lobby Against Fed Ex

I find it hard to beleive anyone would object to protecting their own job with a simple thing like writing a letter plus getting paid to do it and then complaining. My advice go to work for FEDX

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why does FedEx cry foul about the letters when they started it all with the Brownbailout.com farce? Fred can dish it out but he can't take it. He'd ask us to write letters supporting FedEx but he knows that almost nobody would write anything favorable.

Overpaid Union Thug

Intimidation is a dead cat that hanged himself from your back doorway sill. Intimidation is when you have your brake lines tampered with for taking a stand.

d

I think what Danny is trying to say is that its only intimidation if someone gives in. Maybe, but, the attempt at intimidation should be dealt with on the same level as a successful act of intimidation.

tieguy

Banned

d

Dead cat he said. :happy-very:

Hit that nail on the head.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
That is because you just do not get it. Nothing personal, but it is inexperience and not understanding all of the issues, or completely ignoring them.

No - I get it. I just don't like how UPS is presenting it.

If there are two legal ways to do something, and you happen to pick the less expensive way, you are creative, bold, entrepreneurial.

If you make a mistake and use the more expensive way, you either live with it, or change to the less expensive way. Not UPS - if you are UPS, you claim the other side is cheating. If you are UPS, you try & change the legal option taken by a competitor into a non-legal option. If you are UPS, you call the legal option that the competition took a "cheating legal loophole".

If UPS would say "look, it is distasteful, but we can't get out from under the union noose, so we have to hobble the competition with the same thing. Hey, it's easier than just beating them on service", then at least I could respect the honesty. But what UPS is doing is being, for lack of a better term, a bully. Win the competition on the field you made for yourself.

Because, like it or not, FedEx is doing nothing illegal. UPS is trying to change the rules to put the competition at a disadvantage. And, sorry, to me that is distasteful.

No, I know the issues. It is UPS, people on this board who are ignoring the issues (to say it kindly) or just blowing smoke.

BoogaBooga

I was asked to write a letter to my US Senator like many Teamster Union-UPS employees. Statements like, "Come in 15 minutes early tomorrow for a meeting." ; "These 6 employees are next up for the letter writing campaign tomorrow." ; "Can you write a letter at home? Here's the form letter and envelopes. We'll pay you for your time." were commonplace.

I did NOT write a letter.

I was NOT yelled at. I was NOT intimidated. I was NOT harassed.

Management was disapointed that I did not write one, but NO ONE asked me why.

Well if anyone cares to read this, I'll tell you.

I read the information that UPS had on Upsers.com and all the brownnosing comments. I read the information that Fed Ex had on brownbailout.com and their desperation strategy because they have alot to loose. I actually read the summary of this bill that will be voted on by the Senate. My conclusion was that I simply was not comfortable asking my Senator to support a bill that I did not know enough about. There was just one section that pertained to Fed Ex, and the rest was way over my expertise of the air industry and it's regulations. So I asked a Political Science Major, to read these articles, and give me her opinion. She saw both UPS and Fed Ex's arguments, and she felt Fed Ex would file a lawsuit if the bill was passed. She also said that the Supreme Court may have to decide this issue. I had to laugh when she said our CEO was a poor speaker.(Non-UPS people have no idea about our low key philosophy) I then asked a retired, conservative, well read person to read these articles. She agreed that Fed Ex is using desperate tactics because they have alot to loose. She also hated to see any more US job losses.

I take my civic responsibility to this country seriously, and I stand by my decision not to write a letter to my Senator. UPS has been dealing with a NOT level playing field its whole existence, and has done well. It is ONE of many factors that make us better than the competition.

lazydriver

I told my sups I already sent emails to my senators weeks before about the bill. They still asked if I would write snail mail letters. I came in 30 min early on their time and wrote them. I used to do many of the feeder airport runs Newark, Philly, Dulles, BWI, Louisville, Rockford, and Fedex facillities are usually next door to us. From my observation We do the same thing.

If they wanted to be in a unionized business then why go to a company who is regulated by the FAA? That is why they can not be part of a union.

So the answer is to have a company that operates a lot of aircraft to be governed by truckers? Truckers get into wrecks all the time, do we want aircraft plummeting out of the sky?

If fedex is an airline then they should have to operate like an airline. Airlines don't transport their passengers to a final destination. All fedex customers should have to pick up their packages at the airport or fedex should have contract with a trucking company to deliver them.