Wasn't going to post this

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Had a responsible dog owner today. Was delivering a computer so I waited for a signature. 17 yr old girl let her dog into the backyard before coming to open the door to sign. I made sure to thank her for being such.
I also had a responsible dog owner today; she had a new dog that they had just rescued from the pound and she was playing with the dog in the front yard when I arrived to make a delivery. She was trying to round the dog up to put it away but I suggested letting it come over to the truck to meet me in her presence instead. It jumped into the truck, I gave it a cookie, it gave me a kiss and then it went and got its ball for me to throw and now we are friends for life. The 2 minutes I invested in getting acquainted with the dog while its owner was there means for the rest of that dogs life ( or my career) neither I or my substiute driver will ever have a problem with that dog. First impressions are everything with dogs.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I also had a responsible dog owner today; she had a new dog that they had just rescued from the pound and she was playing with the dog in the front yard when I arrived to make a delivery. She was trying to round the dog up to put it away but I suggested letting it come over to the truck to meet me in her presence instead. It jumped into the truck, I gave it a cookie, it gave me a kiss and then it went and got its ball for me to throw and now we are friends for life. The 2 minutes I invested in getting acquainted with the dog while its owner was there means for the rest of that dogs life ( or my career) neither I or my substiute driver will ever have a problem with that dog. First impressions are everything with dogs.
Sounds like STEALING TIME. Lol

AKCoverMan

The one weird experience I had was, a Doberman came up to me one day, calm as can be. Needed a signature from the home owner. Dog put its head under my hand and I pet it while the guy was signing.

He stops, looks down, "I don't know how you haven't lost your hand yet. That dog has never let anyone pet it other than the family..."

That's when I sloooooowwwwwly took my hand away lol

I think the guy was more freaked out than me.

Another astonished dog owner story.. I'm making a delivery. Route to front door is thru carport, thru open gate, down narrow porch. I make it thru carport about to threshold of gate when kids open front door and out comes raging good sized dog, going bezerkers. I'm dog people, great with most of them but recognize this one means business. With kids right there which of course just adds fuel to dogs instinctive fire. He must protect!

So I tried to make myself as large as possible (helps that I'm 6ft3) raise DIAD as if to swing and begin shouting as loudly as possible at dog. I mean I was FIERCE. "You get BACK, BACK IN HOUSE!!! BACK, BACK!!" I advanced rather than retreated. Apparently I out alphaed the alpha dog, because he did turn and run back in, still barking.

Owner comes out, very, very, apologetic but also very, very amazed. Said nobody outside of the family had ever turned that dog back before and kids knew better.

I totally read this dog intended to attack and thought for sure I was going to have to wack the dogs snoot. Would have hated to do that, but not gonna get bit if I can help it.

Keys are don't run, assert dominance, show zero fear. I get it some people just plain are afraid of dogs. I am not. Doesn't make me immune but a much lest likely victim..