Wasn't going to post this

UPSGUY72

That guy is a total tool if the driver got bit he would have blamed the driver also. He is just another person with money that can't or just won't take responsibility for anything as it's never his fault. I'm sure this isn't the only thing this idiot is in denial about...

upschuck

Does this guy actually believe what he says? For instance, the driver should have known that the front porch was safe(invisible fence, I hate them), and Max has done this several times to the driver and the driver for some reason decided to crack max this time.

I had a stop with Jack Russells, and I never got out of the truck at that stop and left the packages at the garage door that they wanted them in.

This guy is a piece of work who thinks that everyone should bow his feet.

So, what are we doing with their packages now?

Does this guy actually believe what he says? For instance, the driver should have known that the front porch was safe(invisible fence, I hate them), and Max has done this several times to the driver and the driver for some reason decided to crack max this time.

I had a stop with Jack Russells, and I never got out of the truck at that stop and left the packages at the garage door that they wanted them in.

Surepost

all I hear from the owner is blah blah blah.....I have been to many houses on my rural route...and I am here to tell you that jack Russell terriers are one of the breeds I don't trust.....they either like you or they don't....and they are very unpredictable.......my guess is the dog and the driver surprised each other....that dog would of clearly bit him.....I applaud the driver....but I am sorry the dog got hurt at the same time...sometimes you just don't have a choice.....

oldngray

nowhere special

Terriers are one of most aggressive dog breeds. Definitely high strung. They are just smaller so less likely to really hurt you.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I saw the driver retreating and stepping backwards and acting in a defensive manner.

It is unclear from the video whether the driver actually hit the dog or not. He might have connected on the first swing, but not on the second.

They claim that the driver was a regular and had been on the property and dealt with the dog many times before. If that is true, I would like to see the footage. I doubt that they have it.

I don't like Jack Russells. They are snappy and yippy and sneaky, and you practically need eyes in the back of your head in order to monitor one. Granted they are small enough as to be incapable of doing serious damage, but getting bitten also puts the driver in danger of falling, spraining an ankle, twisting a knee etc.

It is entirely probable that the dog was in fact being friendly, but the drivers actions were defensive and consistent with trying to avoid being bitten. Its not like he pounded on a poor helpless animal. This is just an unfortunate occurrence, and part of the risk one takes by owning a dog.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
99% of the time, when I have a strange dog running at me I can stop it in its tracks by tossing a biscuit on the ground in front of it. The biscuit seems to "break the spell" and from that point on the dogs energies will be focused on trying to get me to give it another biscuit and I can work with that. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have had to resort to hitting or kicking at a dog in the 26 years that I have been doing this job, and I have never been bitten.

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
This driver is has been driving over 15 years, it doesn't take that long to identify a threat when you deal with dogs daily.
I agree I have been a driver for 20 years and bit 2 times, owners need to keep there dogs secure, friendly or not they may just go into protection mode. Again...they don't speak dog.

Sent using BrownCafe App

kingOFchester

Driver obviously was afraid of dog. He backed away and kept facing the dog. He had the diad out in front of himself and then used the diad to defend off the charging dog (there is not enough time to figure out whether the dog was aggressive and who would want to take the gamble.)

Driver did everything right.

Whats with the package? 5:30 at night and this driver is dealing with this yo yo about an on call. They had to go in the house to open the package? Driver leaves without package?

Looking at the video and pausing it and playing with it I do not see where there was any contact. Video is over a month old. Whats the chances this idiot is using an injury the dog received later because he is still upset over UPS not picking up whatever was to be shipped.

Something not right.