Wasted tax payer money

texan

texan

Why did our tax money go to Finland to build the . . . Karma? How does this help
American workers?

“With the approval of the Obama administration, an electric car company that received a $529 million
federal government loan guarantee is assembling its first line of cars in Finland, saying it could
not find a facility in the United States capable of doing the work.

Vice President Joseph Biden heralded the Energy Department's $529 million loan to the start-up
electric car company called Fisker as a bright new path to thousands of American manufacturing jobs.

But two years after the loan was announced, the company's manufacturing jobs are still limited to the
assembly of the flashy electric Fisker Karma sports car in Finland.”

In a test conducted Wednesday by Consumer Reports magazine, the niche-market $107,850 sports car
conked out completely, after a short ride at 65 miles per hour on a Connecticut test track.

Collecting My Thoughts: Bad Karma, wasted tax dollars

texan

Almost $800,000 of federal taxpayer funds went to subsidize ―pancakes for yuppies‖ in the nation‘s capital.

An International House of Pancakes (IHOP) franchise was built with financial assistance courtesy of Uncle Sam.
It was intended to help an ―underserved community. The federal funding went to the
Anacostia Economic Development Corporation. According to the
Congressional Research Service (CRS), ―$500,000 of the $765,000 grant was used as an equity
injection in DC Pancakes LLC for a 19% ownership interest. The remaining funds went to
training costs for new employees, and other consultants.

The new IHOP is not located in an ―underserved community but a popular Washington D.C.
neighborhood. The neighborhood is Columbia Heights, which has become a local shopping hot spot
s
ome and ―one of Washington‘s more desirable neighborhoods. Other businesses in the area
include Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Best Buy, and Starbucks.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Therefore, Darrell Issa needs to find someone else to incriminate this criminal.
(POLITICO) — The General Services Administration official tasked with organizing a now-infamous $822,000 Las Vegas conference plans to invoke his Fifth Amendment rights ahead of a scheduled Monday grilling on the Hill.

On Thursday, House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) served a subpoena to require Jeff Neely to appear before the committee, according to Democratic committee documents obtained by POLITICO. Neely’s attorney on Friday informed the committee Neely will exercise his right against self-incrimination and requested not to attend the hearing.

“Requiring Mr. Neely to travel from California to appear before the Committee when you have been advised that he will not answer any substantive questions posed to him does not advance any legitimate Committee purpose,” the attorney wrote, according to the documents.

Issa wrote Neely’s lawyer Friday to advise the attorney and Neely that the subpoena remains in effect.
“Mr. Neely is uniquely qualified to answer questions about the WRC,” Issa wrote. “The Committee requires Mr. Neely’s appearance because of, among other reasons, the possibility that he will waive or not assert the privilege as to some or all questions.”. . .

The four-day Western Regions Conference, held in the fall of 2010, resulted in the resignation of the agency’s administrator, Martha Johnson, as well as bipartisan criticism from Congress members tasked with overseeing public agencies, for spending on upscale accommodations, $3,200 on a mind reader and thousands of dollars on commemorative coins. Four congressional hearings are scheduled for next week.

Bad Gas!

If America doesnt get tax reform and cut entitlements we are in for more trouble the next four years.. I know the democrats arnt in favor of this but just hope the republicans can get some sense to do this..

menotyou

bella amicizia
If America doesnt get tax reform and cut entitlements we are in for more trouble the next four years.. I know the democrats arnt in favor of this but just hope the republicans can get some sense to do this..
If you just cut the fraud and waste, you would transform most of the good programs back to just that.

SSI HAS BECOME A WASTELAND OF ABUSE. I am at the point of saying it needs to be eliminated completely. If you aren't in the system, or know people who are, it can be hard to decipher what is good and what is bad.

Tax reform, or the lack thereof, is what is making us the laughing stock of the world, and is ruining our credit rating.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I wasn't talking about anything other than what I think should occur. I think no one should get any money back. Don't shop, if you don't like the price. Period.