wasteful spending? nah....

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'd prefer a government that offered nothing than your alternative of one that taxed everything in sight. These clowns want to tax everything imaginable.

Ill close on this thread with the simple point that people like you will only hear what you want to hear, no matter how many facts are in front of you. Rhetoric and spin by the talking heads control your thoughts and simple digestion of information seems to escape you.

Peace.

TOS

av8torntn

people like you will only hear what you want to hear, no matter how many facts are in front of you.

That's actually amusing coming from, you after I led you to the administrations own website saying you were wrong, detailing why they wanted the tax, and even acknowledging and detailing the vast opposition from the industry to this Christmas tax you kept your ruse up. I'm not sure what your motivation is for calling the Obama administration dishonest here or why you even choose to ignore what they said and published on this topic but it's not unusual for members of l3 to ignore facts. It is out of character as you normally are lock step with this administration.

texan

How could you miss the opening of the summary??

RIN 0581–AD00

Christmas Tree Promotion, Research,

and Information Order

AGENCY
:
Agricultural Marketing Service,

USDA.

ACTION
:
Final rule.

SUMMARY
:
""
This rule establishes an industry-funded promotion, research and information program for fresh cut Christmas trees. The Christmas Tree Promotion, Research, and Information

Order (Order) is authorized under the Commodity Promotion, Research, and Information Act of 1996 (1996 Act). The

Order will establish a national Christmas Tree Promotion Board (Board) comprised of 11 producers and

one importer
. Under the Order, producers and importers of fresh cut Christmas trees will pay an initial

assessment of fifteen cents per Christmas tree. Producers and importers that produce or import less than 500

Christmas trees annually will be exempt from the assessment
. A referendum will be conducted, among producers and

importers, three years after the collection of assessments begin to determine if Christmas tree producers and importers favor the continuation of this program.""

I have highlighted the fact in the case and not some extrapolated segment you separated in order to distort the facts. First, its clear the TAX is self imposed as ONLY 11 producers and ONE importer are to be taxed under this rule and other producers doing LESS than 500 trees are EXEMPT from the rule. The tax will go into a fund to pay for promotion, advertising and television ads for a period of 3 YEARS ONLY.

This ISNT an OBAMA tax, but an INDUSTRY tax.

You dont have to read anything else in the LINK you provided to understand what it proposes. YOU distort the facts by calling it a "FAILED OBAMA TAX", but that isnt the truth. Now all you have to do is research why the proposal was pulled and put on the back burner and then you might be informed on the issue.

You took a segment out of the link where it stated that VOLUNTARY contributions were on the decline, and FAIL to point out that this rule specifically relies on the 11 largest domestic producers and one importer to pay this tax. Its clear that monies intended to go to this fund voluntarily were declining and the industry created its own system of taxing itself to pay for the fund.

This has NOTHING to do with OBAMA. Again, i alledge that facts on this website are twisted and fail to provide the actual facts of the claims they make.

I rest my case.

Peace.

TOS

Fact Check: Christmas tree tax was for live-tree growers, not you and me | jacksonville.com

moreluck

golden ticket member
All that for a Christmas tree that can't even be called a "Christmas tree" .

Holiday trees are something totally different. Start all over again!

klein

Für Meno :)
Cost of US tax payers per day : $40.000 to protect Newt Gingrich with secret services, whom might as well give up the race.

moreluck

golden ticket member
BeylC20120422_low.jpg