Watching Supervisors work

tieguy

Banned
Tie if this company wasnt so half a** backwards the union would almost be extinct. You yelp and complain about the union but do you know how and why the most of us care for the teamsters. Its because of the way you managers and others have treated us, or someone close to us. We get our rights trampled almost on a daily basis and because we stand up fpr ourselves were bad teamsters.

Its as I said and as your wording illustrates. The basic boss and employee relationship has always been that the boss tells you what to do and you do it. With the advent of unionism you now think you have the right to tell the boss what you will do. When the boss does not allow you to do so you think your rights were trampled. when in fact you never had the right to boss the boss in the first place.

with unionism employees now think they have the right to be the bosses boss.

Steward773

Hey Tieguy..... Just wanted to thank you for dissing my reputation for supporting a fellow Teamster. We must have your panties in a bunch. You are just supporting the fact that management retaliates against any hint of solidarity amongst it's members.:winkiss:

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
No Tie, It's not about "bossing the bosses" or not doing what the bosses tell us to do. Because of our union backing, we have the right to refuse unsafe, unethical, and illegal directives without the risk of being fired. Also, because of the contract that we both signed and agreed on, you(mgmt) are not allowed to do hourly work and we DO have the right to let you know about it. I think that's what's really chaffing your underside! But the fact remains, you have to follow the contract just like we do. I do agree, we are both in this together, and it behooves us all to all do our best for the company. IMO mgmt could do alot better. In my work area, mgmt has been less than honest with me on more than just a few times. If I AM dishonest, I will be fired. I think what's good for the goose is good for the gander.:dissapointed: Working long hours consistently makes it difficult to also be a salesman and drum up sales leads. JMO

Griff

If UPS goes down, I go and get another job. This isn't my life, it's my job, there's a real difference to me. You apparently can't make those distinctions, since this is your life. Do you have a UPS flag flying outside of your house by any chance? I do have loyalty to the Teamsters, UPS would never offer what we get now without the collective bargaining unit. I've heard tons of times that UPS would pay us more if we weren't union. That statement has made me burst out laughing every time, as it couldn't be any farther from the truth. If the union folded tomorrow, our salary and benefits would take a steep nosedive, you can take that to the bank. We would be put back inline with FedEx drivers at a scab rate and benefit package. Management has already made it clear just how much they care about following the contract, I'm actually shocked they haven't reduced our hourly rate to see if they can get away with it. The sad thing is, with the current mindset (the mindset tieguy is pushing for), the majority of Teamsters wouldn't say "boo" if UPS messed with their paycheck.

As for this obsession you have with being the boss and nobody telling you what to do. It's becoming very clear the real issue is that you don't want to be held accountable, you only want to hold people accountable. I'm sorry but this isn't thunderdome, tieguy. Ironically my thread was pushing for accountability for everyone involved, including Teamster management. You made the choice to ignore this part and parade around draped in a UPS cloak shouting company hater. If you make the choice to violate the contract, I have the legal right to call you on it and demand reparations. If my union tries to persuade me not to take action or fail to represent me all together, I have the legal right to call them on it (and i'll be calling the nrlb) and demand reparations. You're trying to distort this as a horrible anti-company mindset and it has nothing to do with that. It's purely about accountability and fairness. I'm tired of working under a contract that neither party has no interest in adhering to. If you can't understand that or get behind that idea, then you are part of the damn problem, simple as that.

Last edited:

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Its as I said and as your wording illustrates. The basic boss and employee relationship has always been that the boss tells you what to do and you do it. With the advent of unionism you now think you have the right to tell the boss what you will do. When the boss does not allow you to do so you think your rights were trampled. when in fact you never had the right to boss the boss in the first place.

What are you talking about here? At least stay on topic and stop generalizing and making weak assumptions.

This is about supervisors working.

If a supervisor repeatedly does bargaining unit work, then we're going to grieve and cash in. This is not bossing a boss, this is not telling anyone what to do. This is called doing the right thing and showing solidarity.

You are assuming that everyone union in this thread is a pain in the ass towards every manager or supervisor, when I'm certain it isn't the case. Just like every manager is a egotistcal jackass. Some are, most aren't.:whiteflag:

tieguy

Banned
If UPS goes down, I go and get another job. This isn't my life, it's my job, there's a real difference to me. You apparently can't make those distinctions, since this is your life. Do you have a UPS flag flying outside of your house by any chance? I do have loyalty to the Teamsters, UPS would never offer what we get now without the collective bargaining unit. .

Griff I already know this. AS I previously stated a key component of the teamster goon mindset is to completely dissacosciate yourselves from any feelings of loyalty to the company. I thank you for finally admitting this point. Once you have completed the teamster goon mind transition its now easy to become the virus feasting on the host.

For the rest of you reading and learning about the teamster boss the boss training taking place. Notice Griff thinks he can get another job paying as much or more then he currently makes. We already know griff hates his job , his boss and his company. We already know that griff despite these feelings of hate is basically captive labor who would have left a long time ago if he had other better opportunities. Yet he is stuck here and hating his existence. Thus the call to arms. He will feed off his hate for his employment and miserable existence to harass and annoy the company in every way he can. He will disrupt the operation every chance he gets. He will encourage co-workers to do less work so that those workers don't make anyone else look bad. He will chastise good employees doing a good job and having good attitudes for being suck ups and company men. Thus the reference to the virus infecting the host.

tieguy

Banned
To the rest of the posters here I expected you all to jump in since teamstes never fight fair fights and you did not dissapoint.:happy-very:

Lobofan5

I just read throught all the posts on this subject, and my head is spinning. This is my first union job, so this is all new to me. I'm only speaking of my 3 years experience with preload. I'm sure my thoughts will be cast aside from tie, especially,..but here goes.

1. I'm not a teamster 'goon'...I'm an employee.
2. If UPS did not provide the benefits that the Union helped obtain...
our pre-load would be empty seeing that most McDonalds have a
higher starting pay than UPS.
3. I watch supervisors in my center load 3 car sets, for the entire
shift. I watch supervisors load trailers. I watch supervisors
pull splits..cart packages around...all day long. They use the,
"someone called off' story A LOT. In the three years I've been
around.."someone" has called off on every belt, in every area, of
our center.

As I see it...UPS is a crappy job that has fabulous benefits and good pay. When these supervisors work they are taking that opportunity away from other people who should be hired.

I appriciate the efforts of those people that help enforce the contract that provides security for MY family.

Thats my two cents...have at them if you must.

Griff

Griff I already know this. AS I previously stated a key component of the teamster goon mindset is to completely dissacosciate yourselves from any feelings of loyalty to the company. I thank you for finally admitting this point. Once you have completed the teamster goon mind transition its now easy to become the virus feasting on the host.

I thank you for intentionally not quoting or responding to the bulk of my post. I view this as an admission of guilt on your part, you have been exposed, not only in this thread but on this board in general. I suggest you tuck your tail and recoil, you're doing more damage to yourself than I could ever do. It's kind of amusing watching someone implode in on themselves like a dying star.
tieguy said:
For the rest of you reading and learning about the teamster boss the boss training taking place. Notice Griff thinks he can get another job paying as much or more then he currently makes.

Yet another assumption and misquotation. Where on these forums have I said these things, please show me, I beg you. More importantly how do you know what job and salary I can command? More assumptions and slander, I think so.
tieguy said:
We already know griff hates his job , his boss and his company. We already know that griff despite these feelings of hate is basically captive labor who would have left a long time ago if he had other better opportunities. Yet he is stuck here and hating his existence. Thus the call to arms.

Imagine that, another assumption and misquotation from Tieguy. Becoming a clear pattern with you, making things up in an effort to discredit and assassinate my character on these boards. I can be directly quoted in my "Call to Arms" thread saying "I actually enjoy what I do for a living". But hey, who am I to know how I feel, Tieguy knows me better than I know myself. On a more serious note, I'm wondering if there's even a hub in the world that can house this guys ego.
tieguy said:
He will feed off his hate for his employment and miserable existence to harass and annoy the company in every way he can.

Yes, I will feed off my rights as a union worker to hold the company accountable in every way I can. On the flip side I will feed off my rights as an American to hold the union accountable for representing me.
tieguy said:
He will disrupt the operation every chance he gets.
If by disrupt the operation, you mean file grievances for supervisors working and tell people they are guaranteed their 8hrs -- Yes I will do that. I'm sorry that you feel the need to understaff and cut corners in your operation all in the glory of numbers. Not my problem, pay up.
tieguy said:
He will encourage co-workers to do less work so that those workers don't make anyone else look bad.
If by encouraging co-workers to do less work, you mean educating people on the fact they don't have to run and skip their lunch to retain their job at UPS -- Yes, I will be doing that as well.
tieguy said:
He will chastise good employees doing a good job and having good attitudes for being suck ups and company men. Thus the reference to the virus infecting the host.
Here it is folks, the nail in Tieguy's coffin. The line he has been pushing all along, that he has made clear in not one but two threads now. He wants obedient workers, people who do not question or fight back. Anyone who has a problem with the way UPS goes about their business operationally is a disruption to this company and therefore a company hater. Anyone who has any affiliation or involvement with union activities is a traitor to UPS and everything UPS stands for. Anyone who fights for fairness in the workplace and pursuits justice is a bad employee, doesn't do a good job and has a horrible negative attitude. Who is the virus again?

Mike Hawk

Tieguy sounds like a politician with his talking points, “bossing the boss”, “biting the hand that feeds”. If the hand that feeds me is contractually obligated to feed me but does not, I will bite the hell out of it. What hand feeds you Tieguy? If there were no hourlies where would your paycheck come from? We are the hand that does the work that the customers pay you for, so in essence we are the hand that feeds you, why bite us? Bossing the boss is the unions job, it is why it exists, to keep management in check. If you don’t want to be bossed by the union Tieguy, work for Fedex, if they try to boss you there just fire them.

tieguy

Banned
Tieguy sounds like a politician with his talking points, “bossing the boss”, “biting the hand that feeds”. If the hand that feeds me is contractually obligated to feed me but does not, I will bite the hell out of it. What hand feeds you Tieguy? If there were no hourlies where would your paycheck come from?fire them.

Mike I'm afraid you have not been paying attention. Most upsers are not union goons. Only a select few . those are the guys my points are really directed at.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
................With the advent of unionism you now think you have the right to tell the boss what you will do. When the boss does not allow you to do so you think your rights were trampled. when in fact you never had the right to boss the boss in the first place.

OMG Talk about hating the union!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tieguy

Banned
Everyday at our building it's exactly like that Groundhog Day movie. The same empty suits running around with the same sheets of paper. That's all these people can do, look at a piece of paper and ask why. Keep in mind they don't actually care why because they already have "why" made up in their mind, it's because you're a lazy thief. The computer knows all and sees all, but in reality it doesn't know :censored2: all. Everyday the picture gets more clear that frontline management is on the way out the door, especially with a bean counter at the helm down in Atlanta. They have no authority and can't even make minor decisions, they have been reduced by corporate to the "politician" role...just there for posturing and show
on with our lesson. Read above the comments from one union goon describing the morning accountability process where management reviews service disconnects with the respective drivers. Look at how well he writes as he makes the whole process sound ominous. This is union goon attacking the company at its finest. Notice he does not offer any insight on how he would change the process to make it more effective. Notice how well he embellishes as he describes the process. Many of you know that embellishment is also considered dishonest but this goon would never admit to dishonestly misrepresenting the company he chose to make his career employer. Now picture this goon going out and using the same style of dishonest prose as he verbally attacks the company at work and you can see the virus attacking the host I previously described.

705red

Browncafe Steward

There you go making assumptions again, pal! No were in my post did i ever say that i boss the boss and refuse to work as directed. As a steward your dam right i will go into the office and tell them that johny wants to do this route and has more seniority then mike, this way if they dont honor the contract i have covered article 7 and attempted to fix the issue before it happened now resulting in a seniortiy grievance and probably a pay grievance too.

Now if you have a hard time reading some of the big words in the contract and cant understand its meaning im sure theres a sylvan learning center near you, they teach the basics reading, math, grammar maybe they can help you and ups might even flip for it for you.

Griff

Everyday at our building it's exactly like that Groundhog Day movie. The same empty suits running around with the same sheets of paper. That's all these people can do, look at a piece of paper and ask why. Keep in mind they don't actually care why because they already have "why" made up in their mind, it's because you're a lazy thief. The computer knows all and sees all, but in reality it doesn't know :censored2: all. Everyday the picture gets more clear that frontline management is on the way out the door, especially with a bean counter at the helm down in Atlanta. They have no authority and can't even make minor decisions, they have been reduced by corporate to the "politician" role...just there for posturing and show
This is union goon attacking the company at its finest. Notice he does not offer any insight on how he would change the process to make it more effective. Notice how well he embellishes as he describes the process
Since when do I have authority to change the process to make it more effective. More importantly, when will I be paid for my consulting services? I don't work for free like your friends, you know the guys with the good attitude who do a good job at UPS. You've made it clear that I shouldn't even file grievances because it's not my job to boss the boss. Now I'm supposed to critique and alter the jobs of frontline management? Make up your mind.

Nothing about what I said is an embellishment. Management knows all and sees all, my management team thinks this way and you've made that school of thought very obvious in ALL of your posts. No reason for explanation folks, I already know what happened, it's right here on this paper.

You're just mad because you know I'm right. You have no authority to make any real decisions in your center, you're to work as directed just like the people you look down your nose at. But you're the BOSS tieguy!!! Must really sting bad, I hope you haven't developed any personal vices because of it.

tieguy

Banned
There you go making assumptions again, pal! No were in my post did i ever say that i boss the boss and refuse to work as directed. As a steward your dam right i will go into the office and tell them that johny wants to do this route and has more seniority then mike, this way if they dont honor the contract i have covered article 7 and attempted to fix the issue before it happened now resulting in a seniortiy grievance and probably a pay grievance too.

Now if you have a hard time reading some of the big words in the contract and cant understand its meaning im sure theres a sylvan learning center near you, they teach the basics reading, math, grammar maybe they can help you and ups might even flip for it for you.

Notice how the poster continues to try to use the contract as an excuse to boss the boss in this post.The poster here thinks I'm disagreeing with him when I'm simply highlighting what we already know takes place.

This union goon is proud of his efforts to try to boss the boss. I could visualize his chest sticking out as he proudly describes himself marching into the bosses office. Should the boss reward him with some small settlement in his favor and he will proudly strut around the rest of the day. Should the boss tell him to pound sand and his disposition turns sour. Union goons feed off the desire to boss the boss. The results achieved become a narcotic in their own sense.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
Since when do I have authority to change the process to make it more effective. More importantly, when will I be paid for my consulting services? You've made it clear that I shouldn't even file grievances because it's not my job to boss the boss. Now I'm supposed to critique and alter the jobs of frontline management? Make up your mind.

here the union goon now tries to take the position that he can change nothing at work when we all know the real issue was his liberal embellishment in descibing a normal scene of the morning dispatch.
The typical union goon will scream loudly whenever he sees any acts of management dishonesty. At the same time as you see by the quoted post his discription of the morning dispatch was wonderfully dishonest as he liberally embellished on his description. Thus the virus attacks the host.
Its important those of you who are not yet fully programmed union goons learn from these examples so you can protect yourself against their attempts to attack your loyalty towards your employer.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Notice how the poster continues to try to use the contract as an excuse to boss the boss in this post.The poster here thinks I'm disagreeing with him when I'm simply highlighting what we already know takes place.
Tie have you fallen lately? Maybe something fell off a shelf and land on your noggin?

This thread was about supervisors working! You hijacked it into a so-called bossing the boss thread. Now you continue to misread and mis-interput the meanings of my posts and others here.

I suggest you seek some help because im worried for you, you have always had an anti union tone to you but now its a plain hatred and i fear for the safety of other union employees in your presence.

If you do your job as a boss the right way you wont need a union steward to boss the boss now would you?