Wave or no Wave?

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
I used to wave to the fed ex guys out on my old area(they were good guys) not the dhl guy though......he was quite grumpy. I could never understand why ....he had no work in his truck.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I used to wave to the fed ex guys out on my old area(they were good guys) not the dhl guy though......he was quite grumpy. I could never understand why ....he had no work in his truck.
No money, either.:dead:

I wave to Fedex but i remember waving to DHL and them not waving back.
You're supposed to use all of your fingers.:surprised:

madagascar_penguins_150.jpg
Just smile and wave, boys!

MD Dan

Dad taught me many years ago to especially wave at the people that don't wave back. It annoys the hell out of them.

shrimpfire

shrimpfire
I talk to all of the drivers I pass on my route. I've been in the same area longer than any of them so eventually they all ask me were so-and-so is.
I agree totally: they r doing a job as we r and just because ups mang does not want to be friends with them doesnt mean I cant as I see them every day on my route more than once.

rod

Retired 22 years
I always thought I was overly friendly with the wave thing but I had a lot of people (including my own Mother) say: why didn't you wave at me- I waved at you. Its a tough crowd out there.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby & I walk the dog every evening after dinner.......a car will go by and wave at us and I'll look at hubby and he'll look at me and we both say...."who the heck was that?" :dissapointed:

rod

Retired 22 years
How about when you are driving along, minding your own business, picking your nose and the person you meet thinks you are waving at them. :wink2:

Cementups

Box Monkey
What i hate is when you wave at some old guy walking down the street and all you get back is the "head-nod." And it's not like they're hands were busy doing anything else. The just nod. Yet meanwhile they will bitch about how the younger generations are too lazy to do this and that and have no respet for their elders.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Ever get the Faux wave? Someone adjusting their visor and you thought they waved, so you wave back?:happy2:
LOL..that is funny. I waved at an ABF driver when he adjusted his sunglasses, I guess some of us have an automatic wave built into our brain function and can be triggered at the slightest move from an oncoming driver.

helenofcalifornia

I cover for a driver on a rural route who has done that route for about 24 years. He OWNS the route. UPS owns the route because of him. So it is kinda hard to come in and work after him sometimes. If I am on the route for his vacation week, when I drive to the area, all the cars are waving at me. I can't see who they are through the glare of the sunlight on their windshields, but I wave back. Both coming and going. A whole heck of a lot of responsibility there. (And I will admit that I get tired of waving and smiling all the time.)

And yes, there are people who say "I waved at you and you didn't wave back!" So now I wave at everyone. Get me back to my city route where not everyone is so friendly. At least waving-wise.