Way down south Florida...keys

Sniper

A wise man once told me you need a partner is business for two reasons.

1. You need the time.

2. You need the money.

And we all know at FedEx time is money.

I love the guns and have plenty of classics to leave to my grand kids, most of them I have never even fired. Don't have "time" to shoot them anyway.

A FT position has opened in Marathon Key and we will all be out delivering on CHRISTmas eve. The way I see it I would much rather be wearing shorts than dealing with snow.

I really like seafood and don't get much in East Tennessee. I have 10+ more years to do the purple thing and this is an opportunity of a lifetime.

I'm number one on the job bid..... should I stay or should I go?

Seniority does have advantages and I love my job most days.

Sniper

I was wondering about the groan, then realized what I wrote could be interpreted as a pun. Not intended. My point is that gun sales are way up, maybe to the point where Sniper could tell Fred to go pound sand.

It was and OUTSTANDING pun either intended or not.

MAKAVELI

1. You need the time.

2. You need the money.

I love the guns and have plenty of classics to leave to my grand kids, most of them I have never even fired. Don't have "time" to shoot them anyway.

A FT position has opened in Marathon Key and we will all be out delivering on CHRISTmas eve. The way I see it I would much rather be wearing shorts than dealing with snow.

I really like seafood and don't get much in East Tennessee. I have 10+ more years to do the purple thing and this is an opportunity of a lifetime.

East Tennessee is all you had to say. I'd leave the sticks in a heartbeat.;)
But the left coast is the best coast.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

1. You need the time.

2. You need the money.

I would do it in a heartbeat. Full time positions don't come up as frequently in FL as elsewhere.

fatboy33

No worries; if Clinton gets elected, the gun business will explode again. :D
For sure. I know for a fact, the leaders of the NRA, behind closed doors, beg for a Democratic President. It's very good for business. The'll be able to chant, "They're coming for are guns" for another 8 years to compliment these previous 8 years of scaring people into buying more.$$$$

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
On the news the other night they said Smith and Wesson and some other gun company had their largest sales in the last year than ever before.

Every time there's a scare that guns will be outlawed, people go and buy them in droves. I did.

Sniper, I'd go to FL in a heartbeat if I were you. What do you have to lose?

guns.png

Sniper

1. 38 days off a year. (in fairness I would be home earlier on 5x8)
2. I have to (too) many animals right now, old wolf is still hanging on.

Wish I had more "time" before I had to make a decision. My mistake, won't happen again. Housing is outrageous and insurance triple.

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean..._33050_M50705-20679?row=92#modal_PhotoGallery

look what it sold for in 2006....

Under tax/price history.

What the USMC started FedEx finished. I ran the numbers and couldn't pull it off in a week, give me a month. ;)

Now if I cut loose an old farm, I could pay cash and only have the HOA fees and taxes. From the ads I have seen I could rent it out 4 months and be "golden".

I LOVE my job most days, LOVE where I live, and LOVE having most Mondays off. I have the best route in the station if you like the mountains. East Tennessee is very quite, no traffic, not much crime and the cost of living is more than reasonable.

Marathon station is very small, and they just might need two more couriers. ;)

Time will tell, it always does.

Thank you all your your input and support, again if you know a brother/sister who works in the keys I would love to talk to them.

JP still in 10-E-C

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
1. 38 days off a year. (in fairness I would be home earlier on 5x8)
2. I have to (too) many animals right now, old wolf is still hanging on.

Wish I had more "time" before I had to make a decision. My mistake, won't happen again. Housing is outrageous and insurance triple.

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean..._33050_M50705-20679?row=92#modal_PhotoGallery

look what it sold for in 2006....

Under tax/price history.

What the USMC started FedEx finished. I ran the numbers and couldn't pull it off in a week, give me a month. ;)

Now if I cut loose an old farm, I could pay cash and only have the HOA fees and taxes. From the ads I have seen I could rent it out 4 months and be "golden".

I LOVE my job most days, LOVE where I live, and LOVE having most Mondays off. I have the best route in the station if you like the mountains. East Tennessee is very quite, no traffic, not much crime and the cost of living is more than reasonable.

Marathon station is very small, and they just might need two more couriers. ;)

Time will tell, it always does.

Thank you all your your input and support, again if you know a brother/sister who works in the keys I would love to talk to them.

JP still in 10-E-C
Hope it works out for you...glad to see you're back on BC.

Sniper

Thank you. Been checking in often the last year, not posting much. Had to pass on the jca for now (because I have grandchildren and too many animals). We are all part of the purple machine, love it or hate it.

I guess 14 acres in the sticks might be worth 527 sf in Marathon key ;)

I'm sure my kids, grandkids would agree.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will see you on Tuesday.

JP still in 10-E-C

Gomer just hates to give up his cement pond. (it's a grand child magnet).
bc.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Thank you. Been checking in often the last year, not posting much. Had to pass on the jca for now (because I have grandchildren and too many animals). We are all part of the purple machine, love it or hate it.

I guess 14 acres in the sticks might be worth 527 sf in Marathon key ;)

I'm sure my kids, grandkids would agree.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will see you on Tuesday.

JP still in 10-E-C

Gomer just hates to give up his cement pond. (it's a grand child magnet). View attachment 57503

Sounds like a good choice.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I could be entirely wrong about this, but I think living and working in the Florida Keys might just be another one of those things that seems a bit more idyllic than it actually is. (although by the time February rolls around it sure does sound awfully damn good to me).

Years ago I had seriously considered transferring to Key West and wasting away in Margaritaville for the rest of my life, but after doing some research, I determined that unless you were filthy rich, it was probably a better place to visit than to live (climate notwithstanding).

Sniper

Route 66 you are spot on. Had an opening in KW as well, about 3 hours of research put that thought out of my mind. Marathon is not quite as expensive and not near the congestion. It would be cool driving US 1 everyday and getting paid for it...until Jan-June (traffic) and then you have the heat in the summer.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Route 66 you are spot on. Had an opening in KW as well, about 3 hours of research put that thought out of my mind. Marathon is not quite as expensive and not near the congestion. It would be cool driving US 1 everyday and getting paid for it...until Jan-June (traffic) and then you have the heat in the summer.

I lived in Florida. Trust me, when you're getting paid by the hour to sit in traffic while looking at the ocean, you don't much care. Lol. The heat isn't so bad by the ocean because of the constant breezes and air conditioning.