way overworked as a preloader

Returntosender

Costco is ALWAYS hiring - go and deal with retail a holes all day long - cuz I'm one of them. For the record, I've been trying to get a part time with UPS for a long time and it's hard. Why work so hard for so little? Because not many companies give benefits for part timers. I had the nice plush office making tons o' money before, but that job got me nothing but a fat ass and crushed my soul. I would rather work hard and honestly.

With so many people without work, appreciate what you have.
Several UPSers also work at Costco, they like the bonus they get. Retail a holes are cowards, they have a saying in retail the customer is always right. That why they are asses. Confront them in the parking lot, they cry.

UPS is a different work enviroment. FYI UPS is also always hiring. High turnover cause for some new hires the work is just not worth the amount of pay, and BS you have deal with it.

loadfaster

Ok, read all the posts and here's what I got. The guy that started this thread is a lazy buddy*. I have four, sometimes 5 trucks, 1100 or so a day, which I custom build for my drivers. I work my ass off, and the pay isn't great. I don't do it for the pay. I do it in the hope of better things down the road. Flip-whatever his name is will end up being roadkill, and he will completely deserve it.

And Upstate? No one seems to like you much. Just an observation.

Justaname

Costco is ALWAYS hiring - go and deal with retail a holes all day long - cuz I'm one of them. For the record, I've been trying to get a part time with UPS for a long time and it's hard. Why work so hard for so little? Because not many companies give benefits for part timers. I had the nice plush office making tons o' money before, but that job got me nothing but a fat ass and crushed my soul. I would rather work hard and honestly.

With so many people without work, appreciate what you have.
I work at Costco, and only about twice a year do we hire for permanent positions. Costco is a lot easier than ups, but both are great company's for benefit and pay.

jaker

trolling
I swear I get tired of these new guys bit$hing about preloading 4 trucks , you guys know it's been that way for years and you got it easy because of that stupid label

Back when most of loaded we had to know the route like the driver ran it and every truck was different , now anybody can load a truck and you guys still complain

Wonder what it would have been like if we could complain like these guys back then

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I swear I get tired of these new guys bit$hing about preloading 4 trucks , you guys know it's been that way for years and you got it easy because of that stupid label

Back when most of loaded we had to know the route like the driver ran it and every truck was different , now anybody can load a truck and you guys still complain

Wonder what it would have been like if we could complain like these guys back then

Now it's physically impossible. People are getting injured frequently( our preload has/had record # injuries)

I understand the old methods and what you're talking about. In 2001, pre PAS, I split a belt and loaded ONE truck/ ONE roller belt - and it was difficult - physically and mentally -, but a 4 truck pull in 2010 is mindless but back breaking. It's 20% more work for nothing.

previously, preloaders were valuable and knowledgable. Most preloaders had a certain "set" of pulls they knew street for street, number for number. Now they are backs for UPS to break and replace. Sorry to say!

jaker

trolling
Now it's physically impossible. People are getting injured frequently( our preload has/had record # injuries)

I understand the old methods and what you're talking about. In 2001, pre PAS, I split a belt and loaded ONE truck/ ONE roller belt - and it was difficult - physically and mentally -, but a 4 truck pull in 2010 is mindless but back breaking. It's 20% more work for nothing.

previously, preloaders were valuable and knowledgable. Most preloaders had a certain "set" of pulls they knew street for street, number for number. Now they are backs for UPS to break and replace. Sorry to say!

so why is it so physically different from back then to now

i used to load 3 trucks and split the belt it was bad but i dont remember complaining like the guys do today

menotyou

bella amicizia

i used to load 3 trucks and split the belt it was bad but i dont remember complaining like the guys do today
I worked pre-PAS and post-PAS. It's way harder now, at least in my center. And post-pas post-herniated disc surgery, I was loading 4-5 trucks at the head of the belt without a splitter, which made me the splitter by default. I was three trucks ahead of the girl on the other side of the belt. And, she had 5-6 trucks. Plus, all smalls now go to sure post. The size of the packages going into the truck is different.

Justaname

Think about it. Ups is always pushing for better production numbers. Do you really think they let the job get easier.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There were more preloaders per car, prior to PAS. There are more packages coming in (here) than between 5 and 10 years ago. Right now most pulls have 800-1200. Peak last year was 1300-2000 pcs per pull . There are a couple "floaters" who bounce around and the rest get slammed. Like I said, there is a reason injuries are at an all-time high.

Top it off, no safety committee. .. :D

jaker

trolling
There were more preloaders per car, prior to PAS. There are more packages coming in (here) than between 5 and 10 years ago. Right now most pulls have 800-1200. Peak last year was 1300-2000 pcs per pull . There are a couple "floaters" who bounce around and the rest get slammed. Like I said, there is a reason injuries are at an all-time high.

Top it off, no safety committee. .. :D

so when pas came and the skill went away , guys got more work

back in the days 10 trucks 3 loaders , now 10 trucks 2 loaders