Ways to pay down the Govt debt...

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Government can be scaled down to eliminate this structural deficit. The federal government must begin to divest itself of things that rightly and provably can be provided for by the private sector, and use that money for debt reduction while the economy recovers and can grow at a faster pace than the debt.

Examples of things that can be done immediately include:

1) selling off and opening up the 650 million acres of federal land for extraction and development by the private sector,

2) unwinding the $5 trillion Government Sponsored Enterprises Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and bringing an end to government-induced housing finance,

3) selling off the shares of bailed-out companies like GM and Chrysler,

4) eliminating whole departments and agencies that are unproductive,

5) scaling back the federal workforce by 50 percent as the Baby Boomer generation retires,

6) ending worthless "stimulus" programs,

7) abolishing federal subsidies of sectors like agriculture,

8) bringing an end to the bailouts once and for all, and

9) repealing government takeovers like ObamaCare and the Dodd-Frank financial legislation.

That's just for starters. Structurally, the greatest problem the nation faces fiscally is the unchecked growth of entitlement spending. These programs need to be phased out over time by allowing younger workers to invest in their own retirements and health savings, while guaranteeing the obligations of the Baby Boomers. This would automatically limit the universe of liabilities owed to these programs.

klein

Für Meno :)
All those cuts sound good.
But, nothing passes thru legislation, unless it's tax cuts (because neither party would want to vote against the public opinion).

My prediction: The IMF and China will decide/dictate your fiscal responsiblity within the decade.
As has been done to Greece.

Looks a lot rosier here , This just in :

Ottawa's fiscal position looking rosier, could post surplus in 5 years: report

1 hour, 49 minutes ago

By Julian Beltrame, The Canadian Press

OTTAWA - Ottawa's battle to rein in record deficits could be won a full year ahead of schedule, says the Conference Board of Canada in a new analysis of how the economic recovery is impacting government finances.

The Ottawa-based think-tank's new analysis on the nature of the economic rebound shows that Ottawa stands to eliminate the deficit — and actually post a $5-billion surplus — within five years.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/100729/business/federal_deficit

Last edited:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
(because neither party would want to vote against the public opinion).

Look everyone...its Klein talking out his:

talking-out-your-ass-150x150.jpg

What was the majority of the "publics opinion" on most if not all of the Messiah's and Congress crap they rammed down Americas throats?

My prediction: The IMF and China will decide/dictate your fiscal responsiblity within the decade.
As has been done to Greece.

Looks a lot rosier here , This just in :

Look everyone...its Klein talking up Canada again...imagine that!!!

Ottawa's fiscal position looking rosier, could post surplus in 5 years: report

1 hour, 49 minutes ago

By Julian Beltrame, The Canadian Press

OTTAWA - Ottawa's battle to rein in record deficits could be won a full year ahead of schedule, says the Conference Board of Canada in a new analysis of how the economic recovery is impacting government finances.

The Ottawa-based think-tank's new analysis on the nature of the economic rebound shows that Ottawa stands to eliminate the deficit — and actually post a $5-billion surplus — within five years.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/100729/business/federal_deficit

Hey Klein...here is that link for you incase you forgot:

http://www.edmontonaa.org/

klein

Lucy, I can drink myself silly and then some, and yet never post as childish as you do !
And you work on airplanes ?

You mean paper planes, I hope.
From all your posts, all I see is some new kid in preload !

bbsam

Staff member
cut defense spending by 2% and entitlement programs by 1% and increase the cus by 1/2% year over year for 10 years.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Lucy, I can drink myself silly and then some, (im sure you can drink yourself silly...you up to a 12pack a day now or is it the hard stuff?) and yet never post as childish as you do !
And you work on airplanes ?
Yup...43 bux an hour!!!:happy-very:

You mean paper planes, I hope.
I can only make the basic airplane..was never good at the Origami stuff...has to be metal.
From all your posts, all I see is some new kid in preload !
Hey those kids in preload work hard...its our future leaders.

DS

Fenderbender
Increase taxes on non essentials by 10%,,,fast food, liquor, and cigarettes.
Get out of Iraq,stop wasting money on the space program,stop subsidizing corrupt
3rd world countries,,no sales tax for first time home buyers.
Increase licence fees for luxury vehicles,amnesty for illegal immigrants that want to become Americans,
tax credits for buying American made products,eliminate brokerage charges between Canada and the USA
for anyone shopping online,OK thats just a few ideas.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Originally Posted by DS

Klein wouldn't have any $$ left for his Lipton's Noodle Soup.....he'd have to switch to Cup 'O'Noodles!

klein

Originally Posted by DS

Klein wouldn't have any $$ left for his Lipton's Noodle Soup.....he'd have to switch to Cup 'O'Noodles!

It's been done here for the longest time. (pack of brand cigs $12, 6 pack of molson/budweiser $12.).

If you buy white milk no taxes, but choclolate milk has taxes (5% GST).
Any prepared food, even instore made and packed sandwhiches 5% tax. Raw foods no taxes (like bread and meat to make your own).

And think I bought cartons of cuban cigs for $12 ! They had cheaper ones for $6 a carton (but tasted like cigars)....
Trip paid for itself :) , when you include the free food and drinks, plus the 2 bottles I brought back along with all the cigs (4 cartons). :)

klein

talking-out-your-ass-150x150.jpg

I think I know where canada can make some signficant savings on unemployement payouts.

They have a billion dollar surplus in that fund, alone. - They don't even know what to do with that money !
We have a different system here.
Taxes don't get thrown into 1 big pot.
EI premiums go to an EI fund.
Pension premium goes into the pension fund.

Well, and taxes are taxes.

It's too late for Americans to set that up. Because all you would do is divide up debt !