WDL's and Irate Customers

bbsam

Staff member
You see, Tekk, part of the difference between you and me is that I don't try to keep things the same. My line has always been, "Nothing promised, nothing stolen." I truly am sorry if you believe that Fred promised you what he is now denying you, but again I ask, why shouldn't we at Ground benefit from greater revenue if that is what the market calls for? Why are we to be the bastard step-children all the time? You yourself could come to Ground, but I guess that's beneath you. Feel free to peruse the threads. Mine is not so much venom as it is sarcastic, smart-ass replies to obviously demeaning and rude attitudes to Ground. It's all there in black and white. Wish you had been around the last couple years. I have been saying what R1a has been saying. Stop sitting around on the 'net bitching about it and do something. Organize, sign union cards, whatever. Only difference is, when R1a says it, it's sage advice. When I say it, I'm being spiteful or "don't understand Express". What I do understand is all the bitching on the 'net has gotten nothing accomplished and the small window of time in 2009-10 when something possibly could have been accomplished came and went. What were you doing?

Lordtekk

Well contrary to what you say Fedex only owes me what I work for nothing else. The benefits are OK they were better years ago but I go with the flow. And yes I would work for Ground,why not ? I'm doing the same thing,need no training and I'm outside. If the money's right I'll do it.

bbsam

Staff member
Well contrary to what you say Fedex only owes me what I work for nothing else. The benefits are OK they were better years ago but I go with the flow. And yes I would work for Ground,why not ? I'm doing the same thing,need no training and I'm outside. If the money's right I'll do it.

And why shouldn't Ground profit more now that the market has changed?

Lordtekk

I'm not saying it should not,there is a demand for it and Ground is filling the demand. But Fedex is focusing too much on the yields per package that Ground gets and it's an uneven playing field. You can not expect those same yields on all services. I give an example FO yield per package is higher than anything the entire Corporation receives,now imagine when they start asking for the same yields for Ground. Then the pressure begins,they want more and more,they will not be content with the contractors making money,they will want more of your money or they will come up with some crazy idea and implement it without caring how it will affect the people doing it. This is what we deal with in the Express division and it will be implemented in Ground,it's not if but when.

TUT

So if an Express Customer was happy, would Mr. Fedex come here and tell us?

Face it you can on any given day get an "irate" customer or a happy one. One driver cannot see enough to know how big a problem this is or isn't. One station cannot either. Didn't UPS have an issue a few months back to some small level with Overnight's when they started combing deliveries?

Mr Shifter

Lordtekk mind your paygrade on the board. I like your passion but your enemy is the company shill 59dano. Bbsam has grown on most of us (even those like me who mostly lurk).

gman042

Been around the block a few times
You see, Tekk, part of the difference between you and me is that I don't try to keep things the same. My line has always been, "Nothing promised, nothing stolen." I truly am sorry if you believe that Fred promised you what he is now denying you, but again I ask, why shouldn't we at Ground benefit from greater revenue if that is what the market calls for? Why are we to be the bastard step-children all the time? You yourself could come to Ground, but I guess that's beneath you. Feel free to peruse the threads. Mine is not so much venom as it is sarcastic, smart-ass replies to obviously demeaning and rude attitudes to Ground. It's all there in black and white. Wish you had been around the last couple years. I have been saying what R1a has been saying. Stop sitting around on the 'net bitching about it and do something. Organize, sign union cards, whatever. Only difference is, when R1a says it, it's sage advice. When I say it, I'm being spiteful or "don't understand Express". What I do understand is all the bitching on the 'net has gotten nothing accomplished and the small window of time in 2009-10 when something possibly could have been accomplished came and went. What were you doing?

He has a point there. Think about what has been said by many Express drivers. Loss of benefits, reduced pay, work slipping away. You are unprotected and are slowly being violated. Not so much as you find it painfully apparent. One day you are going to realize it and say "Ow". The day your job is gone.

Protect yourselves Express. There is one way to save your jobs and your livelihood. Unionize and show Mr Smith that he can't trample just anyone.

Lordtekk

Lordtekk mind your paygrade on the board. I like your passion but your enemy is the company shill 59dano. Bbsam has grown on most of us (even those like me who mostly lurk).
He has grown on me also,I just wish he did not hate Express so much. He does make good points and I acknowledge them.

bbsam

Staff member
He does not hate Express. He simply a smart businessman taking advantage of an opportunity, much the same as you and I would if given the same chance.

That is true. I do not hate Express. I do admit that I have been snarky and probably rude at times, but never hateful at Express. For that I apologize.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So if an Express Customer was happy, would Mr. Fedex come here and tell us?

Face it you can on any given day get an "irate" customer or a happy one. One driver cannot see enough to know how big a problem this is or isn't. One station cannot either. Didn't UPS have an issue a few months back to some small level with Overnight's when they started combing deliveries?

This is a troll question. I'm speaking of a definite trend towards much higher levels of WDLs and their logical outcome, which is irate customers. Of course, most transcations with customers are positive, but in a business where anything less than 100% is "unacceptable", FedEx isn't doing a vrey good job for customers right now. All that matters is cutting hours and saving money.

TUT

but in a business where anything less than 100% is "unacceptable",

They should give up, impossible. I'm just saying I'm not sure one driver at one station can really state what is going on world wide with the company. My guess if the roles were reversed you on top, Smith on the bottom. You would feel Smith didn't have a large enough view. But I get it, we are megalomaniacs to a point, what we see must be what everyone else see's. Sometimes that is true, other times, not so much.