we are not ready part 3

CHALLY9TX

tre305

the line along the primary in the morning looks like the line outside home depot with all the cover drivers that are back on the preload from peak. our rentals are gone as well but they still have been asking for inside jumpers this week. i actually jumped yesterday. there's still a good amount of TCD's standing around after all the drivers leave, most of them they send home but they'll put a few on to run airs or cover a route a driver called out on at the last minute.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
When I left at 9:00 PM we still had 7 drivers out!
I got in tonight at 2115 and there was still 60% of our center out. Being out that log after dark is just insane and totally unacceptable. In all the years UPS has been around this is one of the first things that should have been corrected. It will never change.

S

selfcancelsignal

You're still out? Kinda cold out there today? Yeah... yeah... The 1/2 hour to 45 minute late starts are getting stupid too. Get your :censored2: together, management!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
930 is total bs...bet FedEx, dhl, or the post office isn't out til 930....
They gave a jumper on my route yesterday. I guess that's much easier, than fixing the routes. They are still going by their trusty OR, that says THEY are only giving us 8 hours work, it just takes US 11 or 12 to do it. Of course we eat the am time because you cannot code it off correctly.

ups1990

I got in tonight at 2115 and there was still 60% of our center out. Being out that log after dark is just insane and totally unacceptable. In all the years UPS has been around this is one of the first things that should have been corrected. It will never change.
Totally agree with you.
This is why I continue to say that this new generation of drivers will not make it to at least peer80(west coast)! Even with drivers on the 9.5 list, managers know they can hammer you on certain days. Us older guys who can see the light at the end of the tunnel, can take a more relaxed approach to this job even with the workload but these new guys are a freaking mess in the am, not knowing what the day and route has in store for them.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They gave a jumper on my route yesterday. I guess that's much easier, than fixing the routes. They are still going by their trusty OR, that says THEY are only giving us 8 hours work, it just takes US 11 or 12 to do it. Of course we eat the am time because you cannot code it off correctly.
It's always funny when we have late air and they are up on the belts walking around playing pocket pool knowing and seeing us leave late then the next day ask people why the am time was so high..are you serious..This just cements the fact that labor relations are a joke here and harassing people is job #1...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The union could change this if they wanted to..Hoffa and hall could have addressed this which goes above and beyond the 9.5 issue...ups will still make LOTS of money if everyone had a 9.5 hour day...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's like some on here have said before they want you to work through your lunch and breaks so they load you up and then say.."it's only a planned 8.4 day...what's the problem??"...yeah right

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Totally agree with you.
This is why I continue to say that this new generation of drivers will not make it to at least peer80(west coast)! Even with drivers on the 9.5 list, managers know they can hammer you on certain days. Us older guys who can see the light at the end of the tunnel, can take a more relaxed approach to this job even with the workload but these new guys are a freaking mess in the am, not knowing what the day and route has in store for them.
The technology is not all its cracked up to be....even when we were on edd which Imo made us more productive, we never had these type of crazy dispatch days..and when we got the auto door opener they expected a few more stops...and orion doesn't save me personally much time and I'm running it about the same delivery order that it wants me to..especially in the residentials. SO where is this technology that says we should be going this much now days...oh that's right its not there ie is just loading the centers up for no good reason except to not add cars..and no you are right 1990 guys starting now will NEVER make it 30 or 35 years...you wonder if they are purposely trying to break down drivers..wouldn't surprise me in the least. .and I hate to admit that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When we lost 5.8 seconds per pkg because we were scanning not sheeting, I did the math, Ill be 20 minutes over. Nope, 1.79. And I went from 85 stops to 105. Not 89 to 92 that the board should have saved me.

When we went to Orion, I went from 105 to 140, which at Christmas made me take a helper for 4 hours but the rest of the year, just 11+ hours a day. I was gobbling up the work (not by choice) til I realized I was being punished for not filing 9.5. Everyone around me had filed.

When I had to meet with my center manager, (which we had to do once I decided to file, no one else ever had to, guess it was something new) he was biting his lip to say that was not the reason, he just wanted to say I suck. I just said I didn't mind 7pm every night, or even 730, and I dont mind when there is a reason, like weather, etc whether I worked til 8 or even 830. But after 11 weeks of 830 or 900 it is survival. Of course I know since I cannot even come close to the numbers, its just me.

Except every young studly guy they put on it has the same problem. They have called me this week, out til 9/930. My orion guy Ie guy said, he got tired just watching me. Every stop is heavy. You need a new route. I said no they need to fix this one. Doesnt matter if its me or when I am gone someone else, its screwed up. Until then whip me, beat me, pay me OT, and I am on the list, fix it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
When we lost 5.8 seconds per pkg because we were scanning not sheeting, I did the math, Ill be 20 minutes over. Nope, 1.79. And I went from 85 stops to 105. Not 89 to 92 that the board should have saved me.

When we went to Orion, I went from 105 to 140, which at Christmas made me take a helper for 4 hours but the rest of the year, just 11+ hours a day. I was gobbling up the work (not by choice) til I realized I was being punished for not filing 9.5. Everyone around me had filed.

When I had to meet with my center manager, (which we had to do once I decided to file, no one else ever had to, guess it was something new) he was biting his lip to say that was not the reason, he just wanted to say I suck. I just said I didn't mind 7pm every night, or even 730, and I dont mind when there is a reason, like weather, etc whether I worked til 8 or even 830. But after 11 weeks of 830 or 900 it is survival. Of course I know since I cannot even come close to the numbers, its just me.

Except every young studly guy they put on it has the same problem. They have called me this week, out til 9/930. My orion guy Ie guy said, he got tired just watching me. Every stop is heavy. You need a new route. I said no they need to fix this one. Doesnt matter if its me or when I am gone someone else, its screwed up. Until then whip me, beat me, pay me OT, and I am on the list, fix it.
Wasn't that 5.8 seconds from us going to the diad from paper like 10 years after the fact...what a scam

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wasn't that 5.8 seconds from us going to the diad from paper like 10 years after the fact...what a scam

Yes it was, and it was funny, when they picked me to prove their point........... They had a whole bunch of packages lined up on a picnic table. One guy had to sheet his, I had to scan mine. 4 of mine wouldn't scan, so I had to type in the barcode, on the board that didn't have find bar code, and you had to toggle back and forth: alpha numeric. It was a hoot.