We are not ready!!!

oldngray

nowhere special
My center would use the metal rollers and if last minute splits were added often packages would be loaded on carts and wheeled around to those cars to load since there was no place in the line up to park those cars.

watdaflock?

What do you guys use?
We had like three rentals and a PC parked down the middle today with temps loading them, who'd walk back and forth to the belt.
One of the senior lazy farts isn't loading and just pulls stuff as "top belt" comes down the slide and then (if lucky) your truck gets to use a push cart. Not sure how many carts we actually have in our little building. Not like we can use more, not enough room as it is.

As for size of our building we are darn small. We may have broke last seasons peak record today. If not we were darn close....day three.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Somewhat relieved to here other buildings are in turmoil also getting out the door! Thought it might have been just my NASA scientists(preload mgt)......late air everyday....drivers last night sheeting over 200 as missed...wtf ......Yes I still get paid and it shouldnt bother me, but I do have a pulse when it comes to incompetent planning etc.
the plan was to have no plan, so it's working

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We had like three rentals and a PC parked down the middle today with temps loading them, who'd walk back and forth to the belt.
One of the senior lazy farts isn't loading and just pulls stuff as "top belt" comes down the slide and then (if lucky) your truck gets to use a push cart. Not sure how many carts we actually have in our little building. Not like we can use more, not enough room as it is.

As for size of our building we are darn small. We may have broke last seasons peak record today. If not we were darn close....day three.
Lol one belt building? I heard we broke 105k yesterday ..a new record for my building with Christmas still 3 weeks away.

TheFigurehead

Lol one belt building? I heard we broke 105k yesterday ..a new record for my building with Christmas still 3 weeks away.

That's crazy. I wish I worked at your center. Midnight volume on Monday was 230k+, and is usually the lowest, in terms of volume, as the the twilight and preload shifts limit the amount of hours it can run.

S

selfcancelsignal

"You'll get it when we get to it." Happy holidays from UPS
Or...

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1417666857.462849.jpg

undies

Posted a photo then had second thoughts...my center is asking if our helpers have commercial driving experience and/or if they want to come work the preload.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Personally, I don't think they have a plan at all. I think their original plan went up in smoke sometime between 1 and 3 am Monday morning. Now the company is gonna do what has happened every other peak...panic and tell us drivers we all suck.
I remember 1 peak a few years back, our center manager was actually in tears! We were lazy good for nothing's! We've all heard this before. I'm sure he had just been on one of their famous conference calls!