We are ready!!!

upschuck

Probably 3 extra work days this year is huge, possibly two extra in the final week(huge). Most all sups will be at home center instead of Dallas, and other weathered areas, to help out as well. Should be no guarantee service at all on Dec 24, to hopefully clean out system early. Shipping times should not count that day at all.

barnyard

KTM rider
In reality UPS wants you back under 12 everyday so you can put in a full week and not go home early Friday.

That was my experience last year. We had curfews most days to keep us under 48 by Friday. Anyone with less than 44, generally had a light enough day that they could work on Saturday and stay under 60.

upschuck

That was my experience last year. We had curfews most days to keep us under 48 by Friday. Anyone with less than 44, generally had a light enough day that they could work on Saturday and stay under 60.
You guys delivered ground on Sat last year?

PT Car Washer

My building does not usually depend on FT drivers for Saturday. Have a dedicated PT Saturday group but can run out of hours for some. I try and save some of my hours for Saturday even if I have to go home early a couple days a week.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I ran one of those crapwagons yesterday.

150 stops in 7 sections. The sequence numbers were so tight that the preloader could not get them in order.

Not a good day for me.
That's why I used to dislike being a cover guy. It was nice working all over, but when you got a "level route" aka garbage truck where PDS would PAL 40 stops all 1100-1150. Yeah that was no bueno. I remember one day where I had 250 packages stuffed in a 700 and they were all PALed in the 1-5000 shelves.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You are like tmz bro. I said on road right after that. 11 hours. On road. Wow. You can't admit when you are wrong huh. All good. I know a lot of guys like u.
The point is if you are in package car that will never be an issue for you. The only DOT laws us in package have to worry about are 14 hour day and 60 hour week.

If you feel otherwise I'm all ears.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You guys delivered ground on Sat last year?
We did once on a voluntary basis. I didn't mind loading my own truck, but it was ridiculous because you had no EDD and everything you delivered that Friday was still in your board on Monday as undelivered. Oh, and they wouldn't let us work our helpers that day. Would have been cooler if we had helpers.

upschuck

We did once on a voluntary basis. I didn't mind loading my own truck, but it was ridiculous because you had no EDD and everything you delivered that Friday was still in your board on Monday as undelivered. Oh, and they wouldn't let us work our helpers that day. Would have been cooler if we had helpers.
Delivering old school, sweet. Being in your board Monday would of been horrible.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Today they pulled the split car out , you saw my truck this morning. 227 and a helper showing up at 1pm. Plus those 16pickups that take a break off for an hour and a half . Real good plans have to implemented to work but they are still training drivers and that's why I got the shaft today. I ran my a__ off.