We are ready!!!

laffter

That's why I used to dislike being a cover guy. It was nice working all over, but when you got a "level route" aka garbage truck where PDS would PAL 40 stops all 1100-1150. Yeah that was no bueno. I remember one day where I had 250 packages stuffed in a 700 and they were all PALed in the 1-5000 shelves.

In my building, when a route is created last-minute, packages are most often PAL'd in the 1000's, but they can range anywhere from 1200-1500 or something like that. What I do in those instances is load on shelves based on the second number. 1200's go on the 2k shelf, 1300's on 3k, etc. I imagine the driver shouldn't have too hard of a time figuring that out if I don't get to explain it before he/she shows up.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
you are the select few that do this... more often then not they jam 100 pkgs in section One and zero stops pal'd for section 8 ... wtf

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Still putting new drivers on the road where im at. Really dude, put new drivers on 2 weeks before peak wtf you idiots lol. I already know whats going to happen, their struggling and all the veterans will have to bail them out. Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of them quit after their thrown into the inferno of madness lol. Once again the idiots will find a way to screw up this peak also, imagine that lol.

barnyard

KTM rider
My building does not usually depend on FT drivers for Saturday. Have a dedicated PT Saturday group but can run out of hours for some. I try and save some of my hours for Saturday even if I have to go home early a couple days a week.

We have a regular crew for Saturdays also. They all worked Tuesday-Friday shuttling late air, plus they generally delivered air. We have 4 people that work Saturdays, bosses wanted 7 or 8 (I can't remember now.)

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
images-5.jpeg
our center manager

BrownTexas

We worked a few Saturday grounds last year. 1 Sunday. Made that next Saturday double time (7th punch) it was a nice pay check.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
No Helpers used in my Center yet. Still asking drivers to be on call. Started training a new driver today.
Make sure that new driver has your number handy so when he starts drowning after peak starts because he wasn't trained long enough or right, you can bail his punkaszz out lmfao. Their unreal dude lol.

O

OLDMAN3

PT Car Washer said:
In reality UPS wants you back under 12 everyday so you can put in a full week and not go home early Friday.

I haven't ever worked in a center where this was the case. Not since the 14 hour rule at least. We routinely had drivers who had to be off by 3 on Friday last year.
We had to be in under 12 everyday so we would have hours for Friday. Bring back 20 Monday, Tuesday bring back those 20 and twenty more, Wednesday 60...

We are definitely not ready. Our building is 40 drivers short, 50 helpers short and the inside building jobs are over 120 short.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had to be in under 12 everyday so we would have hours for Friday. Bring back 20 Monday, Tuesday bring back those 20 and twenty more, Wednesday 60...

We are definitely not ready. Our building is 40 drivers short, 50 helpers short and the inside building jobs are over 120 short.
Short as in you feel they are short or short as in they are trying to hire but can't find people?

Conan04

Old school,snake the load.
but that requires the preloaders to think. supes do not like this ...
Supes might not like the extra time it might take to make this adjustment.
They want preloaders to be a robot,not a person. When something goes wrong,blame the robot ,not the person.

You can try,to take the thinking out of the job. Just hope,technology does not fail you!

I'm not sure that the supes on the preload know what it means to "snake a load" with a handful of exceptions.

O

OLDMAN3

Short as in you feel they are short or short as in they are trying to hire but can't find people?
Can not find people. (Not Randy Newman Short People). That's what they say anyway. They DQed a bunch of new drivers over the last few months, and I am still not sure if they are purposely running a skeleton crew again to make the DM big bucks.