We are told not to Scan misloads, just leave in Package Car

10 point

The management hides the Misloads by saying "the drivers took those non-scanned pkgs for a ride".
Blame us.
Hide the real issue.
Lie to cover lies.

porkwagon

Record a damage as missed here = warning letter
Warning letter for what? The DIAD training issued by corporate instructs drivers to message the center about distressed packages and record them as missed. If you get a warning letter for doing exactly that, it will be tossed.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Warning letter for what? The DIAD training issued by corporate instructs drivers to message the center about distressed packages and record them as missed. If you get a warning letter for doing exactly that, it will be tossed.

working as directed

porkwagon

logic does not come into play here, If I discover a damaged pkg. on my truck it is recorded as refused / did not want, customer never sees package or me, got it
That is falsification and conflicts with corporate instructions. The customer may not see you or the package but when they track it they will see that it was refused when in fact they did not refuse it

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

logic does not come into play here, If I discover a damaged pkg. on my truck it is recorded as refused / did not want, customer never sees package or me, got it

If you are not going to record them as missed and you are not showing the package to the customer you should be sheeting them as future rather than refused. This would give the PM clerk a chance to inspect, retape and put the package back out for delivery. If the package is undeliverable the clerk will process accordingly.

Sheeting a package as refused without showing it to the customer is setting your center up for some ticked off customers.

porkwagon

If you are not going to record them as missed and you are not showing the package to the customer you should be sheeting them as future rather than refused. This would give the PM clerk a chance to inspect, retape and put the package back out for delivery. If the package is undeliverable the clerk will process accordingly.

Sheeting a package as refused without showing it to the customer is setting your center up for some ticked off customers.
The corporate directive is "missed" not "future."

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
That is falsification and conflicts with corporate instructions. The customer may not see you or the package but when they track it they will see that it was refused when in fact they did not refuse it

You are spot on, brings us back to Point A, working as directed