We are told not to Scan misloads, just leave in Package Car

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
or you can streamline the process and work as directed
I'd consider that an ethical issue. You're lying and saying they refused it, which they did not do. Who do you think they're going to go after when they got caught? Someone who does that isn't going to fess up.

The whole thing is silly because if you sheet a damage as missed whoever does timecards can yank the missed out of your card and it doesn't appear on a report.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'd consider that an ethical issue. You're lying and saying they refused it, which they did not do. Who do you think they're going to go after when they got caught? Someone who does that isn't going to fess up.

The whole thing is silly because if you sheet a damage as missed whoever does timecards can yank the missed out of your card and it doesn't appear on a report.

I had customers call in to complain after they saw my truck go by then sheet their package as missed. They didn't understand that for UPS missed = damaged until the clerk processes the package that night.

Future

Victory Ride
Scan every pkg everyday. I do like messing w my center manager at times........I will walk up to him and ask "Is this the day we r suppose to scan everything?"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I would ignore that directive. Can you see us in arbitration. We told him to falsify and he wouldn't do it !

Is not scanning falsifying? We are getting messages to not scan off routes. What they do later, who knows?

It's all about reports now.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Record a damage as missed here = warning letter
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1435244461.430893.jpg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I had customers call in to complain after they saw my truck go by then sheet their package as missed. They didn't understand that for UPS missed = damaged until the clerk processes the package that night.
It comes up weird when you track it too. They should have more clarity on it but they won't because of image issues

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

A mgmt. person waving the ethics flag...... (downright amusing)

box_beeyotch

I dont care what my center manager or any of my on cars say, Im not sheeting a damaged as refused...if anything just sheet it as damaged. What are they going to do, fire you for honesty?

10 point

We may tote the same emblem but the playing field isn't level and morality (truth) is just subjective.
That is until someone sues and all of a sudden someone else's mind gets right....

perhaps for a short time.

If dishonesty (Art 17) was effectively applied equally to management as it is to hourly our national unemployment percentage would drop like a rock trying to fill the vacancies.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If dishonesty (Art 17) was effectively applied equally to management as it is to hourly our national unemployment percentage would drop like a rock trying to fill the vacancies.
I agree it should apply equally. The company needs to purge those on management who do shady things. They're only endorsing it by allowing it to happen.