We do $100K/year with UPS, but we can't get our invoices mailed to us.

FlexPVC

FlexPVC,
We are sorry for the inconvenience. A paper bill can be mailed to you. However, there's a few reasons we try to avoid that if possible. The main reason is cost, if we have to mail it, we incur a cost of both the paper\printer as well as the postage to mail the bill to you. .

Initially I was going to ignore this part of your post, but I just have to say... we spend over $100K with you every year and you are complaining about a few dollars in postage to mail us our bill?

And we are happy to take the pdfs, but is it asking too much for you to send them every week in a timely manner?

FlexPVC

PM Sent.

this is an easy fix. please have patience, not sure where the communication is failing...

Not to be a grumpy old man... but that's what I've been told a dozen times in the past 10 months. That's why I'm here. Because people keep telling me they will fix it, that it's an easy fix, yet here we are and it's still not fixed.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. I really do.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Sales guy. Please do your job and sell him on 100 weight and frieght as well as fix his issues with billing.

Best

d

Not to be a grumpy old man... but that's what I've been told a dozen times in the past 10 months. That's why I'm here. Because people keep telling me they will fix it, that it's an easy fix, yet here we are and it's still not fixed.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. I really do.

While we`re waiting why not give your business a plug. You never know who needs your product.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Cach

I already have spoken with him.

Unfortunately, on some of the things I use most that he sells, I get better pricing, plus the vendors are closer, so less shipping. But over all, great store, good pricing.

He does have a cool website as well.

FlexPVC.com

Cant speak for him being a grouch(upset yes, grouch, no), but he is not an old man........

d

beentheredonethat

Initially I was going to ignore this part of your post, but I just have to say... we spend over $100K with you every year and you are complaining about a few dollars in postage to mail us our bill?

And we are happy to take the pdfs, but is it asking too much for you to send them every week in a timely manner?

I'm sorry if you misunderstood. I didn't say we complain about postage, nor do I mean to indicate we are complaining about postage. I'm just stating facts that we are trying to reduce costs. Most customers don't want paper, and many customers try to reduce their carbon footprint and getting information electronically is one way to do this. I realize it may sound small, but we have millions and millions of daily pickup customers. For each one million customers that are picked up. At $.43 per letter. (and usually postage plus the paper will be much more), the 430K per week savings. The likely savings is closer to 1 million per week for each 1 million pickup customers. That's over 52 million per year per million customers. That's just a lot of money. If we didn't have the majority of customers getting data electronically, our rates would end up going up doing no one any good. Again, sorry for the confusion

beentheredonethat

The new account was setup with paper billing, but all we got was a summary. We asked for detailed billing "like we had it." We were told (by our new rep) that we'd be happier with the online billing options. I said Okay.
Sounds like they set you up on billing center, which is a pretty good system is if all you want to do is see your summary bill and authorize a payment and perhaps occasionally looking at some detail info. But that's about it. The billing data is much better (along with the pdf) to see your bills.

beentheredonethat

Okay, for us, there are 3 situations.

1. Just total gross errors on the items/boxes. They are not even close to anything. I have seen boxes we sent that we buy from Uline, 24x18x5 show up on an invoice at 74x9x20 or something like that. I imagined it was some sort of laser scanner, but there are pkgs together, not one. That's my only explanation for that; other then just total incompetence.

Occasionally what can and does happen is the pkg comes out of the trailer and it literally is touching the pkg behind it (or ahead of it). So the scanner think the two pkgs is really one bigger one. This sounds like that problem. To minimize this mistake we have multiple scanners in multiple buildings. When a pkg gets scanned by more then one dim wt machine, UPS takes the smallest size of the pkg. Are there mistakes made? Yes. But overall, it's really accurate. The problem we have is that our costs are significantly impacted by the size of a pkg, many customers don't enter in information accurately, and that's why UPS switched to auditing the pkgs. We find their are literally thousands of shippers each day that play a game of catch me if you can, which we often do with these scanners. However, occasionally when an error does occur, it can impact negatively a shipper who does the right things.

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
How about everyone on BC steps up and orders something from this gentleman's website as a way of saying "Thanks for using UPS!" Helps the customer, helps our company, and we can all put in new sprinkler systems!:happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

d, you mentioned Hundredweight. Our center manager mentioned in a PCM a few weeks ago that Hundredweight may be phased out. Has anyone else heard this and, if so, what will replace it?

Occasionally what can and does happen is the pkg comes out of the trailer and it literally is touching the pkg behind it (or ahead of it). So the scanner think the two pkgs is really one bigger one. This sounds like that problem. To minimize this mistake we have multiple scanners in multiple buildings. When a pkg gets scanned by more then one dim wt machine, UPS takes the smallest size of the pkg. Are there mistakes made? Yes. But overall, it's really accurate. The problem we have is that our costs are significantly impacted by the size of a pkg, many customers don't enter in information accurately, and that's why UPS switched to auditing the pkgs. We find their are literally thousands of shippers each day that play a game of catch me if you can, which we often do with these scanners. However, occasionally when an error does occur, it can impact negatively a shipper who does the right things.
You post as someone that knows what is going on with this CUSTOMER (you know, one of those that pays our wages) yet I have seen no offer from you to actually help. Try finding out some info that will help, like WHO can fix this.

beentheredonethat

You post as someone that knows what is going on with this CUSTOMER (you know, one of those that pays our wages) yet I have seen no offer from you to actually help. Try finding out some info that will help, like WHO can fix this.
I know a decent amount of UPS systems and procedures and how it works. I've done quite a few jobs at UPS, hence my nickname. I've given the customer information such as what he is on billing center, and how he should get the billing data and the pdf's emailed to him. I even indicated it's just a change in the screen in CRIS. But I don't have access to those screens. I don't have access to know who his AE is. Often times what a customer asks for is misunderstood by the person hearing the question. If he has our lingo (aka, I told him he's on billing center and he should get billing data). If he said that to this AE, any AE worth their salts will understand and fix it.

33in2togo

FlexPVC- It is truly amazing how patient you have been and I thank you for that. You need to contact your A/E and demand a meeting with their boss and a representative from the Customer Solutions Support Group. The A/E needs to verify in our internal system that you are set up for detailed billed and are off of the summary billing. As been their done that has suggested the BAT (Billing Data Analysis Tool) can run specific reports for dim weight adjustments to make it easier for your company to review and dispute them. UPS Sales guy is correct with introducing you to Ground Freight Pricing which is a service similar to LTL but handled by UPS small package. Great service for your type of dimensions.

I know a decent amount of UPS systems and procedures and how it works. I've done quite a few jobs at UPS, hence my nickname. I've given the customer information such as what he is on billing center, and how he should get the billing data and the pdf's emailed to him. I even indicated it's just a change in the screen in CRIS. But I don't have access to those screens. I don't have access to know who his AE is. Often times what a customer asks for is misunderstood by the person hearing the question. If he has our lingo (aka, I told him he's on billing center and he should get billing data). If he said that to this AE, any AE worth their salts will understand and fix it.
I seems obvious, with all the people he has talked to and is still having the same problem, he hasn't been able to talk to anyone that is worth their salt.
Do you know anyone in our organization that is competent enough to actually do this valued customer a service that he needs?

barnyard

KTM rider
This has been a really interesting thread to read. Thanks to those that participated and thanks to FlexPvc for his/her patience.

TB