"We don't hire your kind, go home."

GoBigBlue

I showed up for my appointment today with 5 other people. I'm 17 and a senior in high school, the online app requires a minimum age of 17. I applied to work the Twilight shift and the system took my app and scheduled an appointment for me. I am able to work through the entire 4p-10p window which is what it said online. However, the HR Rep said "You can only work for UPS if I'm set up through a co-op program with my school district and that's an AM shift." Thereafter she asked if I applied and I said I knew nothing about it and her response was "We don't hire your kind, go home." That's ridiculous, I'm able to work the Twilight shift, I met the online systems minimum age, drove 30 miles all the way into the boonies to go to the recruitment center only to be told to go home? I didn't deserve to be treated like that at all. Is the information the HR rep gave me correct?

brownrod

I showed up for my appointment today with 5 other people. I'm 17 and a senior in high school, the online app requires a minimum age of 17. I applied to work the Twilight shift and the system took my app and scheduled an appointment for me. I am able to work through the entire 4p-10p window which is what it said online. However, the HR Rep said "You can only work for UPS if I'm set up through a co-op program with my school district and that's an AM shift." Thereafter she asked if I applied and I said I knew nothing about it and her response was "We don't hire your kind, go home." That's ridiculous, I'm able to work the Twilight shift, I met the online systems minimum age, drove 30 miles all the way into the boonies to go to the recruitment center only to be told to go home? I didn't deserve to be treated like that at all. Is the information the HR rep gave me correct?

if you think that is bad then you ain't seen nothing yet. UPS is probably not for you. move along.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
yeah, with all due respect, If this really upset you, your skin is way too thin to work here. Being berated on the job is pretty commonplace, from what I've seen. Having said that, my son worked in the hub when he was in high school, and he got off around 10pm, if I remember correctly.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

I was hired about a month before I graduated during my senior year of high school. That being said, each HR operation has individual hiring practice. I would re-apply after you graduate.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
People with sensitive feelings or who are easily offended won't last long at brown. Burger King is probably hiring :)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSer171

When I first applied, I told them I was still in high school and could work twilight like what you said above. They pretty much gave me the "We will call you" answer. Other than that keep applying if you still want in. I kept doing that and I finally got in. Now I'm already training to go driving.

Sent using BrownCafe App