We have a new toy - Browser Blaster

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Brown Cafe now has Browser Blaster

Do you need a harmless outlet for your frustrations?

Say hello to Browser Blaster. With one click, you can enjoy the low-tech fun of blasting away at everything on this site.

Here's how you play.

• Type the secret code: "on" over any page on our site and the blaster will appear in the upper left corner.
  • Steer with the arrow keys.
  • Shoot with the spacebar.
  • Almost cleared the screen, but can't see what's left? Press and hold B key.

Happy Blasting!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Just type it on your keyboard while the page you want to blast is open. There isn't a text box or anything like that.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
High Score!!!!
BC Blaster Score.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I'm not getting it to work... wait, i'm on chrome, lemme try FF
I'm using chrome too and it's working for me. I've been testing this game for 6 months and this is the first time it has worked on chrome, ff and ie. It could be system based. I'm running the latest versions of all browsers, but my laptop is a few years old...

High Score!!!!
Okay. I blasted apart this entire page and was in the 15000's. How did you get a score that high?

rod

Retired 22 years
Ok -- what am I doing wrong this time? I type "on" and a little arrowhead looking thing appears in the top left corner but that is it. Arrow keys don't do anything and neither does the spacebar.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Ok -- what am I doing wrong this time? I type "on" and a little arrowhead looking thing appears in the top left corner but that is it. Arrow keys don't do anything and neither does the spacebar.
It's probably not you. I have been testing this little toy since last August and it only started working on my ancient laptop today. That's why I finally enabled it for public use. I had the mods test it last August, and it had worked for some of their systems. It did not work well for mine. I think it must be something system specific. Sorry.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's probably not you. I have been testing this little toy since last August and it only started working on my ancient laptop today. That's why I finally enabled it for public use. I had the mods test it last August, and it had worked for some of their systems. It did not work well for mine. I think it must be something system specific. Sorry.

No big deal----I suck at computer games anyway