"We have a tendency to over analyze things....lol"

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Did anybody read that little tidbit in the ups compass flyer that was sent to all of us...you guys over analyze things.... Hell no say it ain't so. How Christmas this year ran so great because they didn't " overthink " things...lol. Is there finally someone somewhere who realizes this is just moving a piece if cardboard not damn brain surgery or rocket science...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Did anybody read that little tidbit in the ups compass flyer that was sent to all of us...you guys over analyze things.... Hell no say it ain't so. How Christmas this year ran so great because they didn't " overthink " things...lol. Is there finally someone somewhere who realizes this is just moving a piece if cardboard not damn brain surgery or rocket science...
Nope

Box Ox

Boxes are our job security. Making sure there's enough useless stuff to fill the day seems to be corporate's, and in turn, management's. Can't blame them for playing their game if it puts food on the table.

They really did just let things work out during peak this year. But they've sure made up for it since then.

Holydriver

All this hype about last peak means only one thing, they will use a "success" of 2015 to justify hiring even less seasonal drivers/helpers in 2016 in order to save more money. Then the failure cycle will start over again. I got about 1145 hours each day during peak. We had a fee drivers with over 500 stops delivered in one day. I guess getting all cardboard off in time is a success, but it came at the expense of safety and health of drivers

Orion inc.

I like turtles
All this hype about last peak means only one thing, they will use a "success" of 2015 to justify hiring even less seasonal drivers/helpers in 2016 in order to save more money. Then the failure cycle will start over again. I got about 1145 hours each day during peak. We had a fee drivers with over 500 stops delivered in one day. I guess getting all cardboard off in time is a success, but it came at the expense of safety and health of drivers
You had 1145 hours each day??

Wut??

jaker

trolling
They must have cancel my subscription

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Heard that for this past peak as well. We're gonna get screwed this year! All doom and gloom. It went very well.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What's a fee driver? Never heard that expression before?

tacken

And when did UPS start caring about safety and health of its drivers?

JL 0513

500 stops? That's like 2 bricked out 800's with no bulk stops. Sure about that? Unless they were in 1,000's and each stop was one small to medium sized package each.

Holydriver

Heard that for this past peak as well. We're gonna get screwed this year! All doom and gloom. It went very well.
How did it go well? Pushing drivers to deliver basically 2 full normal season delivery days in one day? 5 days a week? Consistently changing start times throughout December? Having air in trace for all but 3 days? Posting a Christmas day interest bid? I don't get it, man.

Holydriver

500 stops? That's like 2 bricked out 800's with no bulk stops. Sure about that? Unless they were in 1,000's and each stop was one small to medium sized package each.
They go out with stops then go to a storage unit to get more pieces. This stop count is basically two full normal working days delivery numbers + the third days air stops all combined into one day

novadriver

Some drivers did deliver 500 stops in a day during peak.. they call it the 500 club loll.. They get a pat on the back and 250 stops a day off peak lol.. If they did that to me Id bring back about 300 stops missed!!!