We have become more of a liability than an asset to the company

TheDick

I went to drivers funeral friday night and operations allowed extra routes to get all who wanted to go off to make 6pm. Funny thing was how quiet the bldg was as I left. Very few employees to make sure sort happened and fedder pulled on time. But it reminded me off how brown was before it went public.

And your post reminded me that without the hourlies-- UPS is just a bunch of empty buildings and pkg cars.

trouble maker

Speak for yourself. I am an asset to the company.
How long have you been with ups Pt car washer? You think your an asset, just like I did 29yrs ago. Your nothing more than a #. All we are to Ups is a liability. Someone who can get injured, have an accident, make a mistake, and no one, and I mean no one can do the job in the time frame that they want it done. By the way, good ol' Ups wants everyone including you Pt car washer to come up with $4500.00 a yr for your benefits.

trouble maker

I went to drivers funeral friday night and operations allowed extra routes to get all who wanted to go off to make 6pm. Funny thing was how quiet the bldg was as I left. Very few employees to make sure sort happened and fedder pulled on time. But it reminded me off how brown was before it went public.

And your post reminded me that without the hourlies-- UPS is just a bunch of empty buildings and pkg cars.
Thank you Dick. you get where I was going.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How long have you been with ups Pt car washer? You think your an asset, just like I did 29yrs ago. Your nothing more than a #. All we are to Ups is a liability. Someone who can get injured, have an accident, make a mistake, and no one, and I mean no one can do the job in the time frame that they want it done. By the way, good ol' Ups wants everyone including you Pt car washer to come up with $4500.00 a yr for your benefits.

If you are old and unable to perform like you did 29 yrs ago, then ok, you win, your a liability. All employees are assets to the company. Without us, they wouldnt be the company they are today. Integrity, honor and committment is the core of the typical UPS employee.

Yes, there are some bad apples, but arent there bad apples in every business?

Assets cost money, success costs money, providing the hard work and effort we do on a daily basis costs alot more than just money. The physical tolls on employees are rough, yet, they stick it out for years until they retire.

Not too many companies have such employees.

If you think your a liability, and want to save the company money, then by all means, resign.

Peace

TOS

stink219

I could are less what UPS thinks of me. I'm worth $127,734.82. That's the number I care about. And I make sure it goes up every year. Fact is, the company is worth nothing unless they have bodies bringing packages to people's door. Lets have a little self respect.

Thebrownstreak

I could are less what UPS thinks of me. I'm worth $127,734.82. That's the number I care about. And I make sure it goes up every year. Fact is, the company is worth nothing unless they have bodies bringing packages to people's door. Lets have a little self respect.
Just curious where you came up with that number. Is that salary plus benefits?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Otherwise known as benes so the answer is "Yes".

If you take your year to date salary, plus the total in box friend (DD) you will get your total compensation for the year. (DD) is the total dollars ups spends on your healthcare.

I come out to $126K, not counting my pension contributions.

For that, I have sore knees, a sore back and sore hands. Thats $126K well spent.

Peace

TOS

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you take your year to date salary, plus the total in box friend (DD) you will get your total compensation for the year. (DD) is the total dollars ups spends on your healthcare.

I come out to $126K, not counting my pension contributions.

For that, I have sore knees, a sore back and sore hands. Thats $126K well spent.

Peace

TOS

An optimal exchange I guess.