We know you have them....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
...the biscuits. We know you have them. Give them to us NOW.
doggies2.jpg

menotyou

bella amicizia
One day, I was delivering to a regular customer and her husband was home from somewhere(Government contractor). He couldn't figure out why the dog was going nuts(dog inside/me outside). He comes out with the dog to find out what's up. Dog disappears while I am unloading, the Mr. couldn't figure out where dog was. Wife starts laughing and points in truck.(I am still unloading from rear door). The dog, Roxie, has her head buried in the big Milk-Bone box up by bulkhead door.

Had a beagle on that same route that would expect me to drop a biscuit even if I didn't have to stop. I always did.:happy-very:

bigbrownhen

I have alot of "lil buddies" on route. I don't feed them dog treats though. I can remember the dogs names and breeds better than the customers name. :happy-very:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We recently had a driver retire and on his rte there are many many dogs that are missing him. He had been on that rte for 15 yrs. He knew every dog, cat, horse, cow, pig and on and on. There are VERY few dogs on that rte that are not UPS driver friendly. Even if they aren't friendly to anyone else. He always had dog treats but had certain rules. Only 1 treat per visit and only if the dog lived at the house. He wouldn't give a treat to the neighbors dogs. And they had to mind their manners (sit).

The rte that the driver retired off of is my favorite rte. I do my best to keep up with tradition. Having to buy dog biscuits all the time is a PITA so I keep a container of dog food. I feed my girls Pedigree and I always have dog food. It's easy. I have adopted one other rule. No treat til I get to the door.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I find these pictures amazing. I've had 2 schnauzers and now a toy Manchester Terrier and all 3 of these dogs equally hated/hate UPS, FDX and the mail man. They'd want to tear the delivery people to pieces.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think that all dogs being territorial can be a threat. I have also found the little dogs to be mean, while the big dogs are just lovers. I love ALL animals, (except cats) sorry Like em, dont want them.
I think little dogs have the napoleon symdrome. I would sooner tread through a group of big dogs, than a bunch of little yappers. That being said, I have trained mine not to attack the front door when someone knocks, the gate when someone walks by, or my mailman or ups man when he comes by. They absolutely love everyone. Now come in my house when I am not here, or be aggressive toward me, no guarantees, but towards meter readers, delivery people and friends they are fine. since she is kinda rare, people are spooked by her looks, at first, till they look in her big blue eyes, and they fall in love every time. 100_2411.jpg
100_2411.jpg

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My wife and I got Rusty through Oregon Basset Rescue. He was about 5 yrs old and had been in foster care for several months.

We decided before we got him that there would be rules. We were going to buy him a dog bed and not allow him to lie on the couch.

The nice lady from Oregon Basset Resue brought him to us (they do a home inspection and check references before turning the dog over to you) and of course we fell in love with him immediately. We were able to stick to our "no dog on the couch" decision for at least 15 minutes before accepting the inevitable. We kept Rusty and sent the dog bed back with the nice lady as a donation to the Rescue.
rusty3.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My wife and I got Rusty through Oregon Basset Rescue. He was about 5 yrs old and had been in foster care for several months.

We decided before we got him that there would be rules. We were going to buy him a dog bed and not allow him to lie on the couch.

The nice lady from Oregon Basset Resue brought him to us (they do a home inspection and check references before turning the dog over to you) and of course we fell in love with him immediately. We were able to stick to our "no dog on the couch" decision for at least 15 minutes before accepting the inevitable. We kept Rusty and sent the dog bed back with the nice lady as a donation to the Rescue.
Aaaaaaw, that's so cute. :happy2:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I find these pictures amazing. I've had 2 schnauzers and now a toy Manchester Terrier and all 3 of these dogs equally hated/hate UPS, FDX and the mail man. They'd want to tear the delivery people to pieces.

Other Non Delivery-Dog.
Your parcel will be held for will call.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Our driver knows us.....beeps as he pulls up and we meet him at the courtyard gate and he passes the package. She's an indoor dog .

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

As you saw, that didnt last long at my house either.
My Dad had Bassetts and they are loyal loving dogs,.
I usually judge people by the way people treat their animals. You are +1 in my book.