We must launch a coordinated Strike or else we're all screwed...

Returntosender

Re: We must launch a coordinated Strike or else were all screwed...

I remember when I first started at ups, thinking to myself "wow, I'm here at a great company with awesome benefits". Little did I know I had to wait a full year for those benefits. The sup at my interview made it seem as if you'll become a driver in no time and then I found out the truth that most have to wait between 6-10 years just to start driving. I bust my :censored2: on the sort isle everyday, sore from the day before and lacking sleep Bc of my second job that is required of me since UPS is so cruel to its part time work force. This job barely pays for gas and food and they expect us to work harder and receive less benes than what is expected? Screw that and all while our full time brothers reap all the rewards and still complain. Suck it up they say, lol. Some of you drivers are spoiled babies complaining when you make so much. Most of you didn't have to wait 10+ years for your Ft driver positions and don't forget about inflation, your 8.50 was worth more too. Im disgusted and ashamed how some of you can sellout your fellow part timers for an extra buck or two. I'll remember to vote yes when your retirement is up on the chopping board.
Here is UPS public spin. UPS Part-Time Package Handler Jobs Video Anonymous needs to hack the UPS job website. Then post the Real UPS can be found at Browncafe.com

The Milkman

No full timer can sellout any part timer. You guys and gals far outnumber us FTers. If you would all vote together as a block, you could own this contract. No one to blame but yourselves.

:youreright:

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

The hourlies worker who live beyond their means will vote this dog thru..sadly !! The rest of us will be screwed because of that and also the hourlies who are uninformed....[/QUOTE

Sad but so very true. I felt the same way when hoffa and obama were re elected. Special interests win elections.

BrownFlower

No full timer can sellout any part timer. You guys and gals far outnumber us FTers. If you would all vote together as a block, you could own this contract.

Very true. Maybe history will be made this time around.

Pretty much now or never.......

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

54 p/t to 46 friend/T on payroll
63% friend/T to 37% p/t in the Union (that is, they can vote on the contract).

How recent are these numbers, out of curiosity? And are they "official" or "ballpark"?

Not disputing them, just curious.

stink219

Let me guess... You are a full timer not affected by the new health insurance plan.
He has stated he's a full timer under a union plan, a plan that can change conditions at the trustees discretion. His plan also has deductibles as he has stated. He lives in the real world.
What too many are missing is the UPS plan of the past was gone. Deductibles/co-premiums would have been in any future UPS plan (as it already is for management). Co-premiums are much more costly than deductibles, which is what was offered. Face it, hall delivered exactly what he promised. Not even .09 paid for a co-premium. That means for those that don't need H&W, don't pay. How's that a bad deal?
Because once people got what they asked for, they suddenly want more. "it's not enough!" "we are getting screwed!" And it only seems to be on this site. I hear complaint after complaint yet nobody tells you exactly what they were looking for because if we addressed every issue to the pinnacle of improvement, UPS would be over.

iruhnman630

Hoffa and Hall Have all the Power...they can prob repel any vote....it's up to every single local and ALL of its members to go on strike by ourselves and not with the help of our union leadership that has agreed to sell us out...So, Mark down Monday June 3rd as the Date in which well will show the world the strength in numbers that we have...Our futures are on the line in this contract, your families futures are on the line in this contract, this is not the time to sit back and take this...now is the time to Fight Back and Demand what we Deserve...Not only Package and Parttimers but Getting the Planes and Feeders to Strike will make this successful....sounds like a pipe dream but **** it Who's with me?
You are going to have some really p'd off coworkers if June 3 falls on your vacation week.

Brown_Star

Methods Man

No full timer can sellout any part timer. You guys and gals far outnumber us FTers. If you would all vote together as a block, you could own this contract. No one to blame but yourselves.

I hope the PART-TIME workforce VOTES!

Hoffa and Hall Have all the Power...they can prob repel any vote....it's up to every single local and ALL of its members to go on strike by ourselves and not with the help of our union leadership that has agreed to sell us out...So, Mark down Monday June 3rd as the Date in which well will show the world the strength in numbers that we have...Our futures are on the line in this contract, your families futures are on the line in this contract, this is not the time to sit back and take this...now is the time to Fight Back and Demand what we Deserve...Not only Package and Parttimers but Getting the Planes and Feeders to Strike will make this successful....sounds like a pipe dream but **** it Who's with me?
Fat chance idiot. This is a good contract. Misery loves company. hall has went to bat for us so much and scabs like you are his members. He still does it though. The man is the man

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

That's the problem with this union. Everyone is just looking out for themselves. There is no solidarity anymore.

All I read is part timers are screwed. Where is the support for full timers? If every part timer wants to be full time, they should be happy that full timers are getting theirs.

UPS Preloader

All I read is part timers are screwed. Where is the support for full timers? If every part timer wants to be full time, they should be happy that full timers are getting theirs.

Not every part timer wants to go fulltime.

Am I the insane one? Can you define old guard please? Or is that only exclusive to hall fans? I guess it's relative since I call Paff a non Teamster. But most of the time I call him a molester of solidarity.
Paff is like a communist. He controls everything in his little network. Anything that's positive about the international is shunned. That's just wrong. Everybody who's everybody does SOMETHING right. Yet there is no acknowledgement of this. Whoever wants to be associated with that has real issues. God bless