We Need to be asking question concerning to the DOT

jaker

trolling
We as a group need to be E-mailing the department of Transportation along with are local politicians about how can Amazon start a delivery service without being held accountable for the same regulations that we are. First, why will the Amazon drivers be able to deliver packages without a semi annual DOT physical? Second will these vehicles that are being driven going to have a DOT sticker along with permits allowing that vehicle the rite to carry Alcohal and Hazardous materials, are these delivery people going to be trained in Haz Mat certification. Third, how are you going to make sure that none these delivery people do not work one minute over the 60 hour rule. These are concerns that need to be brought up. Our company spends millions of dollars a year on maintaining our qualifications. If Amazon is going to be a delivery service then they need to made to have the same rules as us. Start calling and E-mailing are politicians as well as our union leaders.
You are right , I beat they never thought about this but thanks to your post now they will and change their minds

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I would bet that AMAZON has done the home work and they are in compliance have you forgotten who they have hired in the last few years.

Here is another one for you. If you recently retired from UPS as a driver would you take a job "delivering" with them for $18-$25 an hour or continue at that $11 an hour a job a friend got you at the company you used to deliver too?

Method$

I would bet that AMAZON has done the home work and they are in compliance have you forgotten who they have hired in the last few years.

Here is another one for you. If you recently retired from UPS as a driver would you take a job "delivering" with them for $18-$25 an hour or continue at that $11 an hour a job a friend got you at the company you used to deliver too?

$11 if it comes with free golf and I work 1 hr a week.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

When I retire from driving at ups, I don't plan on working ever. That's the whole point of retiring. Planning smart means I get to do things I want to do. Not go drive or work for another delivery company

Retiree

After working at a fast paced job like UPS you need to have a game plan that keeps you busy after retirement. You will be bored to tears in a few months after the new wears off. Trust me.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
After working at a fast paced job like UPS you need to have a game plan that keeps you busy after retirement. You will be bored to tears in a few months after the new wears off. Trust me.
Just returned to work after 55 weeks off from a workers compensation injury. Never was I bored. Gave me a taste of what retirement will be like. Looking forward to it soon!

Tiny Panda

Amazon won't be doing it themselves, it'll be subcontracted out to companies that already all the required regulations in place. They'll be running under the Amazon name however the same as they've been doing in Europe for the past year or so

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
The club I go to at the beach has 2 retired UPS drivers from Jersey, one retired in the late 90's and moved down here his buddy followed him about 2005. They work for beer money and free golf. Jealous as hell when I go, great couple days out the 2 weeks I go, One with grandkids and other with my best friend and his wife. All our wives get along also. Great guys from the old Ups.