We no longer have an ETA..............

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Starting today we now receive a message stating when our Return to Building Time will be. I was sent a message at 1130 stating my return to building time was 18:45.
The hilarity was non stop as I sent messages stating I would be MORE than happy to return to building that early,and was i instructed to sheet the packages I could not deliver as missed,or was I to leave them on the truck for someone else to deliver.
Our afternoon OMS weighs about 300 pounds, is a chain smoker and is always railing about 'lazy drivers' and has a Napoleon Complex. The OMS lost no time in messaging me That i only 'planned' to 1845,and WHY was I going to be later?? I explained that working safely,by the methods , driving the posted speed limits as well as running a misload and meeting a driver with yet another misload all factored in to being later. But the important thing was should i sheet the pkgs as missed or not when i returned to the building at 1845 as the OMS was clearly instructing me to be in the building at 1845?? we spent quite a bit of time passing messages back and forth,and I took delight in explaining that since I had lost so much time on dealing with this matter that the packages that would be missed was growing by the minute

Long story short I was later instructed to make service on all pkgs and return to building at that time,and to please send an ETA by 1400 . The job never fails to amuse me:happy-very:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Instruct me on what time you want me back by and I'll sheet anything left missed. Copy and paste for your next big arrow down response required.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Our other center tried that RTB crap and they were always 2 hours or more off. I'm glad they never tried that crap with me.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wow! Madam Cleo works in your management team predicting ETA's? Maybe she can give us some lottery numbers?

cleo.jpg
cleo.jpg

FilingBluesFL

Love it lol

I was actually going to have a great night Thursday, and of course the jerks screw it up for me. "Need you to help another driver, I would really appreciate it if you'd take care of that."

Big arrow down "I'd really appreciate it if you would let me get home to have dinner before 11pm tonight." Oddly enough no message after that... weird. Still helped my homeboy out.

Starting today we now receive a message stating when our Return to Building Time will be. I was sent a message at 1130 stating my return to building time was 18:45.
The hilarity was non stop as I sent messages stating I would be MORE than happy to return to building that early,and was i instructed to sheet the packages I could not deliver as missed,or was I to leave them on the truck for someone else to deliver.
Our afternoon OMS weighs about 300 pounds, is a chain smoker and is always railing about 'lazy drivers' and has a Napoleon Complex. The OMS lost no time in messaging me That i only 'planned' to 1845,and WHY was I going to be later?? I explained that working safely,by the methods , driving the posted speed limits as well as running a misload and meeting a driver with yet another misload all factored in to being later. But the important thing was should i sheet the pkgs as missed or not when i returned to the building at 1845 as the OMS was clearly instructing me to be in the building at 1845?? we spent quite a bit of time passing messages back and forth,and I took delight in explaining that since I had lost so much time on dealing with this matter that the packages that would be missed was growing by the minute

Long story short I was later instructed to make service on all pkgs and return to building at that time,and to please send an ETA by 1400 . The job never fails to amuse me:happy-very:
Will contact ASAP

browned_out

Are you on Orion? We just got it about a month ago. When I look on the Orion computer in the morning it has your route all planned out stop for stop with delivery times next to each. It also factors in your pick ups as well, this could be where your oms is getting the back to building time.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Are you on Orion? We just got it about a month ago. When I look on the Orion computer in the morning it has your route all planned out stop for stop with delivery times next to each. It also factors in your pick ups as well, this could be where your oms is getting the back to building time.
not yet,we are slated to get it next year

I would have simply said, Im doing the best I can and if you want me off the clock I'll come in. the more you say the more they will use against you. I never say much and put it back in there lap. This whole thing about being under or over is not in the contract. So they have left me alone for about ten years now. ...KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! READ THE CONTRACT!

iruhnman630

I've learned not to argue via diad messages. The 'yes/no/will contact/request acknowleged' responses, along with brief messages such as times or meet points, are usually more than enough and won't hurt you if they are saved for posterity.