We Should Subsidize Solar Because I Hate Crony Capaitalism and Monopoly Energy!

island1fox

Does the sun not shine in those parts of the country? Maybe you dont understand how solar energy works. The break even point? There is no investment required. What are you trying to recoup?

Installation of solar in california is a ZERO investment opportunity. Nothing out of pocket. Maintenance costs the homeowner ZERO.

Again, maybe you dont understand how solar works.

Peace

TOS

tos,

Please give me more information. As a good American --I called various solar panel companies .. The estimates ranged from 25,000 to 35,000 for the entire project including installation.

The major drawback --I have a beautiful TILE roof --the companies --none of them --would be responsible for any damage to the roof --plus at 25,000--that's a long payback plan --when the propane I use is relatively cheap !!

What company will install the panels and give them to you for free ???

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, it's free !! My folks used to say, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Nothing is free !!!! Even trolls know that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Gee, it's free !! My folks used to say, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Nothing is free !!!! Even trolls know that.

Moreluck, you are SURROUNDED by solar panels on the nice homes around where you live.. ( i said around) You would prefer to keep san onofre open while it spews radioactive waste water into the ocean polluting your beaches.

So , dont even pretend solar doesnt exist in your area.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
tos,

Please give me more information. As a good American --I called various solar panel companies .. The estimates ranged from 25,000 to 35,000 for the entire project including installation.

The major drawback --I have a beautiful TILE roof --the companies --none of them --would be responsible for any damage to the roof --plus at 25,000--that's a long payback plan --when the propane I use is relatively cheap !!

What company will install the panels and give them to you for free ???

ISland,

I am not sure what your state has to offer with solar. Here in california, there are large state and federal tax deductions you can take by converting to solar. What is happening in california is that the providers ( sunray ) takes those tax credits when they sign up a homeowner. The home owner, then has NO out of pocket expenses whatsoever for solar installation and maintenance.

The solar provider (SUNRAY) contracts with companies like SolarZero, Solar plus, Verengo etc etc, to go out and contact the customers. Sunray makes its money by taking the tax credits each year AND by selling the overpower back to the utility company. The solar panels generate WAY MORE power than you can use in the home. For example, I had Edison power, yearly, I average 10 thousand kilowatts of power used. The system that is installed on my home will generate close to 15 thousand kilowatt hours. Sunray then sells the near 5 thousand kilowatt hours back to Edison at .17 cents a kilowatt hour and then Edison resells that power to moreluck (for example) for .32 cents per kilowatt hour.

That alone makes me happy.

Verengo is entering into NEW YORK next with the same program.

Verengo Solar Launches Zero-Down Home Solar in New York State

Sunray takes full responsibility for maintenance and damage to tiles on the roof. If a panel goes bad or is not generating enough power, a crew will come and replace the panel at NO COST to the homeowner.

On the other hand, as a homeowner, you can purchase the system completely for $23,000. This way, you own the system and you wont have to pay sunray the monthly charge. Additionally, you get to keep the tax credits each year and deduct them from your gross income. Further, as a homeowner, you would then have to be responsible for maintenance and replacing if any tiles go bad.

With the programs available, you can always buy the system outright at any given point based upon a depreciating scale.

And for those misinformed people who think the sun needs to be in a bright blue sky in order for solar to work, well, better brush up on your science.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Moreluck, you are SURROUNDED by solar panels on the nice homes around where you live.. ( i said around) You would prefer to keep san onofre open while it spews radioactive waste water into the ocean polluting your beaches.

So , dont even pretend solar doesnt exist in your area.

Peace

TOS
I never said it doesn't exist.......it's uglier than hell on that assisted living place right off the 5 in San Clemente. (near the hospital). I said I don't want it. My neighbor lost his job at San Onofre and is moving to TX......so I would like to see San Onofre back up and running. Atomic is just another energy.
Other than that, I don't personally see any solar panels........that doesn't mean they are not here......that just means they aren't on the routes I travel.

island1fox

TOS,

Thank you for the information--I will followup in my state regarding Solar panels.

With food cost rising, fuel and nrg at record rates and healthcare skyrocketing --we have to try to save somewhere in the Obama "New normal"

moreluck

golden ticket member
TOS,

Thank you for the information--I will followup in my state regarding Solar panels.

With food cost rising, fuel and nrg at record rates and healthcare skyrocketing --we have to try to save somewhere in the Obama "New normal"
The TV series The New Normal was cancelled......maybe Obama's new normal will be cancelled too !!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I never said it doesn't exist.......it's uglier than hell on that assisted living place right off the 5 in San Clemente. (near the hospital). I said I don't want it. My neighbor lost his job at San Onofre and is moving to TX......so I would like to see San Onofre back up and running. Atomic is just another energy.
Other than that, I don't personally see any solar panels........that doesn't mean they are not here......that just means they aren't on the routes I travel.

I take great comfort in knowing you are spending your money on TIER 4 power with edison while I run my AC all day at .15 cents per kilowatt hour!

While your at it, get some more Incandesent bulbs so you can reach Tier 4 quicker during the months billing cycle! Heck, Ill send you some!

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
I take great comfort in knowing you are spending your money on TIER 4 power with edison while I run my AC all day at .15 cents per kilowatt hour!

While your at it, get some more Incandesent bulbs so you can reach Tier 4 quicker during the months billing cycle! Heck, Ill send you some!

Peace

TOS
Because of my location, my AC only came on once this month........ continue to run your AC all day.....it's costing you more!!!!
I won't do solar, I won't buy piggy-tail light bulbs and I will only drive cars with internal combustion engines..........etc.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Because of my location, my AC only came on once this month........ continue to run your AC all day.....it's costing you more!!!!
I won't do solar, I won't buy piggy-tail light bulbs and I will only drive cars with internal combustion engines..........etc.

Did you miss what I said? I can run it all day and all night and my bill continues to be $115 bucks a month. Never higher, never lower. No more 300 something spikes for hot months.

By you running your incandesent bulbs, you are burning more kilowatt hours and in doing so, you are reaching the tier 4 price for electricity faster than ever. Thats costing you big bucks at .32 cents per kilowatt hours.

I think Ill stick with my locked in .15 cents per kilowatt hour all day and night.

Burn it up! Remember, the electricity my solar system sells back to edison is resold to YOU at the higher Tier 4 costs.

I love it!

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
apparently $115 is chump change to you !! it's stil $115 !!

Gee, I thought the elec. co. would be buying power from you !!

wkmac

Why not rethink stick and frame construction that thanks to zoning laws holds a monopoly on how homes for example are built. What if homes that are all but fireproof could be built that reduced the need of a fire department to begin with? If a home were fireproof, would it need fire insurance? What if zoning laws were relaxed and a new construction method developed that used very low cost natural materials that even vastly lowered the cost of home construction or in some cases made it possible to build a home with no debt at all?

Let's see who could get cut out of this picture.
No need for fire insurance thus insurance takes a profit hit.
No home loan or no long term home loan so finance capital takes a profit hit.
With low cost homes, the real estate industry takes a profit hit.
Again with low cost or low value homes, the local tax man takes a profit (tax revenue) hit.
If the home is built a certain way, the home might in effect warm and cool itself, thus big energy takes a profit hit.
If said home is capable of generating it's own energy (off grid) big energy takes another profit hit.

Anybody see a pattern here or do we just close our cell doors and accept all the arguments from authority?