Weak and Pathetic Teamsters

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Now that health care is "done", the UBT should be all over the RLA and EFCA...but they're not. And where have they been during the whole RLA controversy? "Behind the scenes, fighting for your rights". No. They've been sitting on their pathetic asses playing politics instead of being out in the field trying to get FedEx Express employees off the fence and actively involved in going union.

Every minute Hoffa and Co. fail at this task is another minute given to Fred S and the policy-makers who will eagerly take his money and defend the special privileges given to FedEx.

For those of you that say the employees must do all the legwork, you're flat wrong. The unwritten, but very real FedEx anti-union policy absolutely ensures that we employees cannot do it because retribution will be swift and sure.

Have any of you seen the Teamsters at or around your station or ramp? Probably not. And why not? Because they are too dumb and lazy to take the initiative that THEY need to take if they want our allegiance and our dues (what they really want anyway).

So, Mr Hoffa, and the rest of you. GET OFF YOUR BUTTS IF YOU WANT A UNION AT FEDEX. You give your detractors plenty of ammunition by living-down to the stereotypes of union "leadership". It isn't 1962 anymore and the world has changed. Learn something, and change with the times. You are handing this to Smith on a silver platter. Wake the hell up!! Over and out.

FedEx courier

It doesn't seem like this issue is over by a long shot. I feel your frustration. I think I'm more frustrated with the senate not passing this bill then what the teamsters have or have not done. Hopefully when the senate and house committees meet the final product will include the language. The teamsters don't really have much in their court to make a strong move yet. People like bbsam wouldn't waste time and continue posting on these sites to try and drum up more misinformation and fear if the issue were finished.:happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
It doesn't seem like this issue is over by a long shot. I feel your frustration. I think I'm more frustrated with the senate not passing this bill then what the teamsters have or have not done. Hopefully when the senate and house committees meet the final product will include the language. The teamsters don't really have much in their court to make a strong move yet. People like bbsam wouldn't waste time and continue posting on these sites to try and drum up more misinformation and fear if the issue were finished.:happy-very:
Silly little driver. I waste time because I have time.:happy2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I don't think it's over yet either. bbsam is just getting in a jab where he can. I'm just disappointed that the IBT is acting like their usual selves instead of actually showing some true leadership.

When they live down to the union stereotype (and they seem to be) the Teamsters play right into Smith's anti-union propaganda. When will they ever learn and stop being dinosaurs? Vito, Vinnie, and the gang should have gone away with Hoffa Sr., but they seem to persist.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't think it's over yet either. bbsam is just getting in a jab where he can. I'm just disappointed that the IBT is acting like their usual selves instead of actually showing some true leadership.

When they live down to the union stereotype (and they seem to be) the Teamsters play right into Smith's anti-union propaganda. When will they ever learn and stop being dinosaurs? Vito, Vinnie, and the gang should have gone away with Hoffa Sr., but they seem to persist.
I agree. And you are right, I'm just being playful. Absolutely no hostility intended.

FedEx courier

Well the majority of the content on this site is dedicated to issues and situations with, you guessed it drivers. I know you think you're George Carlin or something but at least that guy had some tact. Do you think anyone really thinks you're cool because you abuse and belittle your employees. I know you think you're an authority figure or something but geez if you have nothing constructive to offer then why dedicate so much time to this?

And I may just be some :censored2: driver in your eyes but I'm not "little" by any means, just wanted to point that out tough guy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Weak and Pathetic Teamsters

YES THEY ARE...................

Great Title........

FedEx will undoubtedly exploit the Yellow/Roadway bankruptcy to it's full potential by pointing out that our PPP (Pitiful Pension Plan) is fully-funded and that we are in no danger of losing a dime. What they don't mention is that a FedEx PPP "retirement" isn't really a retirement plan at all. Oops. It's easy to fully fund a plan that doesn't have a substantial payout potential.

I've been a Teamster, and the only time I ever saw a rep was at contract time or when elections were being held. The company I worked for violated their contract all the time and the Teamsters did nothing. Our people sat at home while non-union contractors did their work for half the cost, and the reps just ignored us.

That said, and even though the IBT is pretty sad, they're the only game in town. Too bad they are such a bunch of clowns, because a well-run IBT could be much more than the facade it is today. I imagine that they would collude with FedEx management much as they do now with other companies. The IBT gets their dues and the company gets a largely compliant (but unionized) workforce.

I'll still vote for a union if it ever goes that far, but I'll do it with a queasy feeling in my gut. The Teamsters don't have to be smarmy and corrupt, but they are...too bad they can't get it right.

bbsam

Staff member
Well the majority of the content on this site is dedicated to issues and situations with, you guessed it drivers. I know you think you're George Carlin or something but at least that guy had some tact. Do you think anyone really thinks you're cool because you abuse and belittle your employees. I know you think you're an authority figure or something but geez if you have nothing constructive to offer then why dedicate so much time to this?

And I may just be some :censored2: driver in your eyes but I'm not "little" by any means, just wanted to point that out tough guy.
I was going to be mean with this post, but for some reason didn't have it in me. I will simply point out that you know nothing of George Carlin if you suggest he had "tact". In fact, you do his whole comic genius severe dishonor in saying so. "Tact" is the very last thing Carlin would have in expressing his views on any subject.

Weak and pathetic union can only exist with weak and pathetic membership. You should fit right in. Prove me wrong. Invite the union to talk to a group of drivers at your terminal. Bring forth the Purple Cajones!

Wow. I was going to be tactful. I must have been Carlin inspired.:happy2:

FedEx courier

I was going to be mean with this post, but for some reason didn't have it in me. I will simply point out that you know nothing of George Carlin if you suggest he had "tact". In fact, you do his whole comic genius severe dishonor in saying so. "Tact" is the very last thing Carlin would have in expressing his views on any subject.

Weak and pathetic union can only exist with weak and pathetic membership. You should fit right in. Prove me wrong. Invite the union to talk to a group of drivers at your terminal. Bring forth the Purple Cajones!

Wow. I was going to be tactful. I must have been Carlin inspired.:happy2:

His comedy act was different than his real life. You're talking about the real lives of people here, this isn't some comedy game. Openly talking to a Union at fedex would lead to termination. Anyone who works there knows that. It seems like you believe everything you see on t.v. but any statement about fedex not being anti-union is not true. There is a difference between having cajones and committing suicide.

Again, you must be a big man taking more personal jabs. I just think you got a blubber mouth that probably reflects how you feel inside. Being in charge of a few ground routes makes you feel like a big man. You prove over and over that you know very little about fedex express. My advice is to keep posting your misinformation garbage to further hurt your cause.:happy2:

bbsam

Staff member
His comedy act was different than his real life. You're talking about the real lives of people here, this isn't some comedy game. Openly talking to a Union at fedex would lead to termination. Anyone who works there knows that. It seems like you believe everything you see on t.v. but any statement about fedex not being anti-union is not true. There is a difference between having cajones and committing suicide.

Again, you must be a big man taking more personal jabs. I just think you got a blubber mouth that probably reflects how you feel inside. Being in charge of a few ground routes makes you feel like a big man. You prove over and over that you know very little about fedex express. My advice is to keep posting your misinformation garbage to further hurt your cause.:happy2:
Again, you miss Carling completely. He was absolutely serious with his comedy.

The difference between "having cajones and committing suicide"? Are you freaking serious? You compare losing a job to suicide? That is sad. And really you never really know the difference until it's all said and done. That's the beauty of life. Standing on the edge, staring death and glory straight in the eye and accepting either one equally. Carpe Diem baby!

But really, being at Ground and watching you Express wage slaves is little more than an amusement for me. Really, do whatever you want. I just think you could have more effect in the real world instead of cyber-jousting here with me. But that would take the courage of your convictions. And yes, I bite my thumb at you.:happy2:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Sounds to me Bbscam that FedEx courier has you pretty much figured out. I will take great amusement when FedEx is done with you and the rest of the contractors and shows you the door. Oh dont confuse my statement with one that proclaims Ground as going away, I beleive that it is a part of FedEx that will prosper. The only thing is that I dont beleive that the contractor will. For us that sit here and read your pathetic statements about how great you have it, Im from the train of thought that for those who really do have it good dont need to contantly remind everyone else. Anyhow I wish you the best in your next venture when it comes, I see in my area that The Schwans Man is always looking for new owner opperators.

bbsam

Staff member
Sounds to me Bbscam that FedEx courier has you pretty much figured out. I will take great amusement when FedEx is done with you and the rest of the contractors and shows you the door. Oh dont confuse my statement with one that proclaims Ground as going away, I beleive that it is a part of FedEx that will prosper. The only thing is that I dont beleive that the contractor will. For us that sit here and read your pathetic statements about how great you have it, Im from the train of thought that for those who really do have it good dont need to contantly remind everyone else. Anyhow I wish you the best in your next venture when it comes, I see in my area that The Schwans Man is always looking for new owner opperators.
Ah, yes. The prophet speaketh. Though Brown in namesake 'tis green that showeth not green of Ground, but that of Envy. Yet here on bended knee I do now confess that Pride doth stand straight and unfettered by the lash of thy scrying. Pray thee now, gaze once more into thy swirling crystal and speak: What should I try to sell more of? The ice-cream or the pizza?:happy-very:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Ah, yes. The prophet speaker. Though Brown in namesake 'tis green that showeth not green of Ground, but that of Envy. Yet here on bended knee I do now confess that Pride doth stand straight and unfettered by the lash of thy scrying. Pray thee now, gaze once more into thy swirling crystal and speak: What should I try to sell more of? The ice-cream or the pizza?:happy-very:
I'm sorry Bbscam if I ever gave you the impression that I have any sort of envy for you. If I am green its definitely not with envy but with disgust! The way Ground drivers that are employed by contractors such as yourself are treated is sickening.