Weak BA

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I would have to stoop a bit to look you in the eye.

Resident know-it-all.
Back in the day took 6 foot 6 guys down with little difficulty. Saw many pics of you Dave. U may weigh 190 soaking wet. Tall , lanky , skinny guys with glasses like you are ones who like to talk ish about there height. I am confused to why you try to make so many enemy's on this forum. Have been here for many many many years. Have tried to befriend you many times. Even though with no success still agree/like your posts when you are correct about something even though everyone else dislikes/disagrees O well I tried. I am type of person who won't take it personal tho. I appreciate the years of service and knowledge you have. You could be nicer tho..... C

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Back in the day took 6 foot 6 guys down with little difficulty. Saw many pics of you Dave. U may weigh 190 soaking wet. Tall , lanky , skinny guys with glasses like you are ones who like to talk ish about there height. I am confused to why you try to make so many enemy's on this forum. Have been here for many many many years. Have tried to befriend you many times. Even though with no success still agree/like your posts when you are correct about something even though everyone else dislikes/disagrees O well I tried. I am type of person who won't take it personal tho. I appreciate the years of service and knowledge you have. You could be nicer tho..... C

It was a joke.

I am 6' even and 162 lbs.

Lighten up, Francis.

Resident know-it-all.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Huh? Relax. The post was intended humor, and OP found it funny.
Why don't you "relax" Almost every post you make is negative and derogatory. Sometimes people get pushed to a limit and there comes a time to call you out. You are a sad little person who tries to ruin others day to try to make yourself feel better about yourself. I feel sad for you and am putting you on ignore so I no longer will be temped to respond , what is exactly what you want, to your hateful posts.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Why don't you "relax" Almost every post you make is negative and derogatory. Sometimes people get pushed to a limit and there comes a time to call you out. You are a sad little person who tries to ruin others day to try to make yourself feel better about yourself. I feel sad for you and am putting you on ignore so I no longer will be temped to respond , what is exactly what you want, to your hateful posts.
I'm sorry you didn't bonus. Don't take it out on me.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
My problem is penalty pay is for PAST transgressions. Not present or future. The grievances can not be filed unless the contract was violated. It was violated therefore according to the contract penalty pay is owed.

At no point in the contract does it say if in the future the company gets 9.5 issues under control then passed violations will be tossed out.

I wouldn't think a BA would settle a large amount of grievances without getting some sort of win on the back end. Did anyone have tough panel cases in your local?

It's your right as a dues-paying member, to confront him at your next meeting and ask why your grievance was swept under the rug. Exercise it.

Sent using a Potato

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I wouldn't think a BA would settle a large amount of grievances without getting some sort of win on the back end. Did anyone have tough panel cases in your local?

It's your right as a dues-paying member, to confront him at your next meeting and ask why your grievance was swept under the rug. Exercise it.

Sent using a Potato
9.5 grievances are the easiest. You show hours worked over. They pay. Done. This is insane

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sent using a Potato

Rather than confront, why not pull him/her aside and calmly state your case?

Resident know-it-all.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Are you talking about our local president?
Yea he's the head of the central region. Why would he settle all of your 9/5 without pay?

Mike isn't his BA.

He should call him.... or file charges with the NLRB.... if true.

That would be a complete violation, of the Union's fiduciary obligation to the members.

If you could prove it.... you could sue them.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Rather than confront, why not pull him/her aside and calmly state your case?
Because, if it were me, I'd be angry. I'd want an explanation in front of the membership as to why he failed to do what he was elected to do.
Why not save that in case your "chat" doesn't work out?

There will be friendly chats....

After being put on "front street".... at a monthly membership meeting.:biggrin:

-Bug-

Last edited:

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
It's not going to panel if the BA considers it settled.

Get as many members at your next union meeting and HAMMER this guy during the meeting. Trust me, he's counting on you guys never showing up putting his feet to the fire. A loud, organized group can make sure this guy never pulls this crap again. I'd also keep this guy's phone lines and voice mailbox FILLED UP. Bottom line: Make it known to this jackass that his life will be uncomfortable if something like this happens again.