Weak BA

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
All I am saying is that the right thing to do would be to pull the BA aside before the meeting begins and express your concerns. If he/she blows you off then by all means use the "new business" portion of the meeting to call him/her out.

Nope. No one is saying you have to get out of control, but if you've ever attended a Saturday union meeting, you know that is when you press the BA, the Pres, and the trustees for action. Although it frequently happens, you don't need to cuss and scream. I find the interruption technique to be more effective. Call it rude, if you will, but I gets the attention of those you are aiming for.

Either way, pulling a BA aside is BEFORE the grievance is heard. Any experienced member should know that. After the fact is when it's time to put officials on the spot.

Dracula

I have been to meetings which have gotten out of hand. Nothing gets done and it becomes a huge waste of time for all involved.

Resident know-it-all.

What gets done at the meeting is inconsequential. What happens after the meeting is what counts. And if you press hard enough during the meeting and phone calls, things can easily change.

Put up or shut up. It's why we pay dues. You can only bitch and moan about your union for so long. Sooner or later, the rubber gots to meet the road, son.

BrownTexas

What a clown. Be sure to bring this up next election.

It would be one thing if he traded them to save a job or two. But because he feels it's in control now...what a joke.
My BA has told me. "We don't make deals. We enforce the contract agreed upon by ourselves and ups." Great guy. Knows his stuff too.

BrownTexas

What gets done at the meeting is inconsequential. What happens after the meeting is what counts. And if you press hard enough during the meeting and phone calls, things can easily change.

Put up or shut up. It's why we pay dues. You can only bitch and moan about your union for so long. Sooner or later, the rubber gots to meet the road, son.
I agree. Go to a meeting and speak up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

25 years and I rarely if ever bitch and moan about the union. I take care of my business and accept blame when I screw up.

I found your use of the word "son" to be condescending.

Dracula

25 years and I rarely if ever bitch and moan about the union. I take care of my business and accept blame when I screw up.

I found your use of the word "son" to be condescending.

Haha. You would. Just a figure of speech. Don't take things so personal. Jeez.

Ron Carey lives on

If your post is how it happened? Under the new language you have to communicate your intentions to your center manager. If after one 9.5 if your center manager is not watching your dispatch, to get it under control. Go above and beyond to let them know you about to file. I hope the company's position was that you didn't foolow whole grievance procedure

Sent using BrownCafe App

RIH251

Its my understanding that in Providence these drivers are SUCCESSFULLY on this reduced overtime list. Quite a few signed up with encouragement from the new BA and stewards. But now its time to pay up and the same BA and stewards are selling everyone out.

Sent using BrownCafe App

710 steward

Its my understanding that in Providence these drivers are SUCCESSFULLY on this reduced overtime list. Quite a few signed up with encouragement from the new BA and stewards. But now its time to pay up and the same BA and stewards are selling everyone out.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I really hate when people say their stewards are selling them out. Once the grievance is filed and mailed it no longer is in a stewards hands. I can tell you I have had what feels like countless arguments with my BA right before a sell out. It frustrates us too.

RIH251

Mailed? You misunderstood....or perhaps I failed in my understanding of their issue over there at big brown. I think this BA and his stewards are squashing and reducing these complaints right there in house.

Sent using BrownCafe App

710 steward

Mailed? You misunderstood....or perhaps I failed in my understanding of their issue over there at big brown. I think this BA and his stewards are squashing and reducing these complaints right there in house.

No steward has the right to tell a dues paying member they cannot file a grievance. It is everyone's right to file if they believe they have been wronged in some way.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I really hate when people say their stewards are selling them out. Once the grievance is filed and mailed it no longer is in a stewards hands. I can tell you I have had what feels like countless arguments with my BA right before a sell out. It frustrates us too.

As a steward....

Have you taken any further action.... when your BA or Local "sold you out" ??

-Bug-

710 steward

I have not. Have me and my steward partners thrown our hands in the air and started laughing when we've lost a series of 9.5's because "we are going to give UPS a break." Have we felt sold out? We have. I will tell you Bug, I am vocal here and my steward partners feel as strongly or on some cases more strongly that we are not being heard or represented. Maybe I should have taken things further and if so that is my fault. I like a lot if other stewards are trying to honor the contract as best we can.