weak union

Inthegame

FIRING A GUY 4 X A MONTH AND SAY UNION WILL GET SICK OF SEEING U AT PANEL AND LET U GO IS BULL IF I ON PANEL I WOULD B ALL OVER CO TELL HEL FROZE AND THEY STOPPED BULL
If he was fired 4 times in a month, someone got his job back at least three times. Sounds like his local is doing what they should.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If he was fired 4 times in a month, someone got his job back at least three times. Sounds like his local is doing what they should.
I think part of the problem is 688 never fights for back pay. Always time served suspensions.

If they were getting guys back pay fir wrongful terminations I don't think company would be so quick to fire.

ezmoney5150

I think part of the problem is 688 never fights for back pay. Always time served suspensions.

If they were getting guys back pay fir wrongful terminations I don't think company would be so quick to fire.

Thats up to the grievant. Most people will not sit out till the state panel, and UPS knows that. So they cut their losses. How's that 688's problem?

Brownslave688

There principal officer is the ups central region director. I call bull.
From
What I've seen a lot of deals get made on the local level.

I've spoken to him a couple of times and he seems like a pretty good guy. I remember he told me the #1 thing he's fighting for in 2018 is 9.5 to be extended until thanksgiving

From
What I've seen a lot of deals get made on the local level.

I've spoken to him a couple of times and he seems like a pretty good guy. I remember he told me the #1 thing he's fighting for in 2018 is 9.5 to be extended until thanksgiving
The point I'm trying to make is if you haven't been in the situation and you don't know the details it's a sowing circle.

Going through the termination process gives you a perspective that you do not truly understand unless you have been in those shoes.

Brownslave688

The point I'm trying to make is if you haven't been in the situation and you don't know the details it's a sowing circle.

Going through the termination process gives you a perspective that you do not truly understand unless you have been in those shoes.
Yes I've been through it multiple times.

One time was complete and total BS. I was told to enjoy my 3 day weekend. I'd be back Monday.

Integrity

Binge Poster
union no integerity

I disagree.

For sake of this reply I am assuming you are referring to the Teamsters.

The Teamsters Union is North America's strongest and most diverse labor union.

A labor union is an organization intended to represent the collective interests of workers in negotiations with employers over wages, hours, benefits and working conditions.

An organization that has a large and diverse membership will have a cumulative culture of integrity or lack there of. The cumulative integrity is exactly that, the accumulation of the integrity of all the membership from the most recent initiated member to the General President.

A chain is no stronger than it's weakest link.

The integrity of a union is no greater than the member with the least integrity of all.

Seeking the highest level of personal integrity as a union member is the responsibility of each member.

Don't blame your actions or the actions of others, don't blame your lack of integrity(if it exists) on the lack of integrity of others.

How is your integrity as a union member?

I